Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund 14:22 - Jul 27 with 1857 viewsKerouac

Bundesbank president Jens Weidmann has this to say;

"I generally consider collective debt for extensive transfers to be alarming,"
“At the very least, the package shouldn't serve as a stepping stone for large-scale EU debt for regular household financing."
“It is important that relief measures are limited."
“Then they automatically expire in the further course and the public finances stabilise again."
“They may be necessary now, but the state should withdraw quickly after the crisis."
“The state is not a better entrepreneur.”

Yannis Varoufakis says that the bail out fund is too tiny (once split up between 27 nations) to actually fix the problem.

It is estimated that the UK is £55bn better off as a result of not being one of the contributors to this fund.
Do any posters wish that we could have taken part?
Why would it have been advantageous to the UK to have been a part of this deal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 11:06 - Aug 6 with 338 viewsBarrySwan

EU Corona Virus Bail Out Fund on 08:35 - Aug 6 by felixstowe_jack

Who is going to pay for treatment when they get it for free? When the NHS was set up it was designed as a safety net for those who could not afford medical insurance or pay for treatment. Very soon the people who were paying for treatment or insurance just stopped paying when they realised they could get it free.

Well me for one almost 12 months after being informed by my GP and a photo consultation with the dermatology Dept at the Heath in Cardiff that a growing mark on my face could be skin cancer and then being basically abandoned by the NHS by being put on a waiting list to see a consultant to address or clear up any fears about this for an appointment that still hasn't' arrived a year later by which time the mark had grown 4 fold.

I'm sure that you might understand my own or anyone else's anxiety, fears or frightened thoughts over such a period given the circumstances before being forced to to fork out privately for a biopsy to determine the true situation and treatment as required.

I'm not rich and fortunately had a limited health insurance policy with Benenden which I fork out for each month otherwise I'd still be waiting and wondering if the NHS have left a skin cancer to grow out of control and become more difficult or indeed totally untreatable.

Bearing in mind of course I have always paid for medical treatment on the NHS since starting work upon leaving school through my taxes and deeply resent being abandoned whilst listening to that incompetent clown of a Welsh health Minister Vauge Guessing making a statement the other day that anyone with cancer fears should immediately get such fears checked out.

Add in a number of my elderly relatives who have been forced to cash in £10,000 plus of their meagre pension funds to have private hip replacement being in so much pain and being put on NHS waiting lists that they were told were 3 years long.

And I find your enthusiastic false rainbow view of the NHS quite touching if not dangerously naive and misleading.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024