Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Debating. 15:27 - Oct 2 with 2769 viewsItchySphincter

Interesting concept isn’t it? Is it a battle to be won or lost or an exchange of views with the objective of changing a person’s opinion, or an exercise in forming the ability to think in a critical way. These Biden v Trump debates have brought it back in to focus. Would taking a position of superiority or accusing an opponent of rambling be a show of strength or a sign of weakness? It would be the latter I would think.

Just wondering.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Debating. on 17:58 - Oct 4 with 426 viewschad

Debating. on 15:24 - Oct 4 by Professor

Look lovely. Is that a Robins tent? Looks very nice. I have an Outwell but the kids no longer want to camp. Perhaps will get it back out when they have gone. Just us and the dogs.

It’s a little Dutch Karsten 260, old school, massively thick groundsheet and canvas, and little crossed air tubes which are really strong like rubberised bike inner tubes. So really quick and easy to pitch, cosy and cute. The bits on the front zip on and make a great sheltered seating / kitchen area (I only use a tiny backpacking stove). Not everyone’s taste and relatively expensive, but picked it up on eBay 2nd hand. It is stand up height, but because the main pod is only 2.6m sq can often pick up the lovely little lake front pitches, great for hanging my hammock on the trees on the shoreline and for slipping onto the lake in my Kayak, whenever I want.

Outwell are great, I have quite a bit of their stuff including 3 of their tents! The Yellowstone falls is my favourite it is a beast, but fabulous, even for just the 2 of us, a cotton palace.

Have been very tempted to get a VW Camper, but they are just so massively expensive.
Debating. on 18:10 - Oct 4 with 410 viewsProfessor

Debating. on 17:58 - Oct 4 by chad

It’s a little Dutch Karsten 260, old school, massively thick groundsheet and canvas, and little crossed air tubes which are really strong like rubberised bike inner tubes. So really quick and easy to pitch, cosy and cute. The bits on the front zip on and make a great sheltered seating / kitchen area (I only use a tiny backpacking stove). Not everyone’s taste and relatively expensive, but picked it up on eBay 2nd hand. It is stand up height, but because the main pod is only 2.6m sq can often pick up the lovely little lake front pitches, great for hanging my hammock on the trees on the shoreline and for slipping onto the lake in my Kayak, whenever I want.

Outwell are great, I have quite a bit of their stuff including 3 of their tents! The Yellowstone falls is my favourite it is a beast, but fabulous, even for just the 2 of us, a cotton palace.

Have been very tempted to get a VW Camper, but they are just so massively expensive.

Got the nationality right at least. We have two outwells. An Indian Lake poly cotton tipi tent and a cheaper Michigan which we did a month around France in when the kids were little. After three years got a bit UV damaged. The long trip was a great experience and went places like Jura and Ardeche where relatively few Brits but lots of Dutch go.
Debating. on 18:39 - Oct 4 with 397 viewschad

Debating. on 18:10 - Oct 4 by Professor

Got the nationality right at least. We have two outwells. An Indian Lake poly cotton tipi tent and a cheaper Michigan which we did a month around France in when the kids were little. After three years got a bit UV damaged. The long trip was a great experience and went places like Jura and Ardeche where relatively few Brits but lots of Dutch go.

Sounds brill, worth it just for that long trip, great family memories :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024