Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back 11:53 - Dec 2 with 2760 views9MilesHigh

I saw on the latest match-day thread some bringing up the age old and extremely weak argument of making backward passes - as if this is some proof of a team not playing well, slowing it down or being negative.

Would anyone really argue this wasn't one of our best goals scored in recent seasons or even ever?!??

Patience, probing, possession, precision

For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 00:35 - Sep 22 with 792 viewsRock

For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 12:10 - Dec 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Privilege to have you back sir.

You are spot on. These passes that seem negative to many are actually incredibly attacking, they are laying the ground work for future paths to goal by pulling defenders out of their positions bit by bit.

It’s like setting up a checkmate in chess 12 moves ahead of the opposition. Incredible to watch when you understand what is going on.

Lol, bueno. “Quotes”, chap?

My word, that is some 180, eh?

Transparently a troll, no other explanation for why this would apply then, and not apply now. Re-read the OP and your response. You can say whatever you want, but your own words, your “quotes”, deceive you.

You are no Swans fan, you’re clearly just a troll. This is the reality.

“Checkmate”.

For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 00:41 - Sep 22 with 771 viewsDr_Parnassus

For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 00:35 - Sep 22 by Rock

Lol, bueno. “Quotes”, chap?

My word, that is some 180, eh?

Transparently a troll, no other explanation for why this would apply then, and not apply now. Re-read the OP and your response. You can say whatever you want, but your own words, your “quotes”, deceive you.

You are no Swans fan, you’re clearly just a troll. This is the reality.

“Checkmate”.

What are you referring to here then, troll?

So you have gone back a year to dig up a post on me saying I like effective passing football?

You didn’t need to go back that far, I said it last week.

Lol Bueno.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 00:42 - Sep 22 with 774 viewsRock

For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 00:41 - Sep 22 by Dr_Parnassus

What are you referring to here then, troll?

So you have gone back a year to dig up a post on me saying I like effective passing football?

You didn’t need to go back that far, I said it last week.

Lol Bueno.

No muchacho.

Re-read.

You’re a troll, clearly.
For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 00:46 - Sep 22 with 759 viewsDr_Parnassus

For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 00:42 - Sep 22 by Rock

No muchacho.

Re-read.

You’re a troll, clearly.

I have read, agree with every word.

I love effective passing, always have. Your attempts to troll have no effect on me.

Esforzarse más, niño

For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 00:50 - Sep 22 with 752 viewsRock

For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 00:46 - Sep 22 by Dr_Parnassus

I have read, agree with every word.

I love effective passing, always have. Your attempts to troll have no effect on me.

Esforzarse más, niño

Nah, kid.

You like “results” above all else, and all that.

You have pushed daily, endlessly, for us to play “pragmatic” and now “direct”.

You’re transparently a troll, your “quotes” deceive you.
For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 00:55 - Sep 22 with 734 viewsDr_Parnassus

For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 00:50 - Sep 22 by Rock

Nah, kid.

You like “results” above all else, and all that.

You have pushed daily, endlessly, for us to play “pragmatic” and now “direct”.

You’re transparently a troll, your “quotes” deceive you.

Oh yes child, I love results.

If we can get results in an attractive way, then that is the holy grail.

I have pushed the fact that THIS TEAM should be more pragmatic and play a mixed style of short and long passes with a direct attacking approach, simply because it suits them the best.

Under Coopers team, I was absolutely content with his game plan as it suited the players we had, which were limited technically.

Under Laudrup and Brendan we played to our strengths with tiki taka. As it was to our strengths we benefited from that and coincided it with results. It’s about maximising your chances of winning playing the best style that suits, for a long time that was a passing game.

Right now it appears a mixed game would suit us best, which is proven by the Luton and Bristol City game (two games people have singled out for praise) having our most long balls this season.

If that upsets you troll, then you will just have to live with it I guess.

For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 00:57 - Sep 22 with 739 viewsRock

For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 00:55 - Sep 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Oh yes child, I love results.

If we can get results in an attractive way, then that is the holy grail.

I have pushed the fact that THIS TEAM should be more pragmatic and play a mixed style of short and long passes with a direct attacking approach, simply because it suits them the best.

Under Coopers team, I was absolutely content with his game plan as it suited the players we had, which were limited technically.

Under Laudrup and Brendan we played to our strengths with tiki taka. As it was to our strengths we benefited from that and coincided it with results. It’s about maximising your chances of winning playing the best style that suits, for a long time that was a passing game.

Right now it appears a mixed game would suit us best, which is proven by the Luton and Bristol City game (two games people have singled out for praise) having our most long balls this season.

If that upsets you troll, then you will just have to live with it I guess.

Lol, nah, yet another massive fail.

No surprise there.

Nice attempt, though, a lot of words and stuff.
For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 01:08 - Sep 22 with 717 viewsRock

Lol, bueno.

Oh the irony.
Login to get fewer ads

For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 01:11 - Sep 22 with 702 viewsDr_Parnassus

For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 01:08 - Sep 22 by Rock

Lol, bueno.

Oh the irony.

Lol mala suerte, niño.

For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 01:38 - Sep 22 with 694 viewsWalterBoyd

Is Highjack still around ?

One of the funniest posters.
For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 01:49 - Sep 22 with 677 viewsDr_Parnassus

For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 01:38 - Sep 22 by WalterBoyd

Is Highjack still around ?

One of the funniest posters.

The word was that he sadly passed away.

He would be in his element with some of our newer contributors.

One of my all time favourite posters and is sadly missed.

For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 14:30 - Sep 22 with 565 viewsBadlands

Many would rather see a player trying to shoot through a solid wall of legs with no hope of anything bar giving away possession.
There is a huge difference between village and professional football that bypasses some.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 14:44 - Sep 22 with 557 viewsonehunglow

Chrissy classic this.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 15:27 - Sep 22 with 534 views34dfgdf54

Absolutely brilliant thread.
For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 22:35 - Sep 23 with 424 viewsjackrabbit

For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 15:27 - Sep 22 by 34dfgdf54

Absolutely brilliant thread.

It’s lost me
For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 22:41 - Sep 23 with 418 viewsDr_Parnassus

For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 22:35 - Sep 23 by jackrabbit

It’s lost me

'Rock' is the new username of that old Nirvana troll. Remember the one that used to love that player from Spain, Jonathan Vieira?

Well he is back and this unfortunately is the sort of stuff he does on his bi weekly late night binges when they switch his internet on.

Tried to make a point by bumping a thread from last year, without realising he didn't have one to make.

For the BACKWARD PASS dissenters - 21 Forward, 14 back on 23:00 - Sep 23 with 400 viewsWalterBoyd

Thread from 2nd December. What year ? As recent as 2020?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024