Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Appalling officiating in the Premier League 23:17 - Dec 27 with 2060 viewsjackrabbit

God knows we suffered from it in our time in the top tier, but it was usually Big Six syndrome - “any 50-50 decision will always be given to the Big Six club”.

But today Burnley were robbed blind by two of the most appalling refereeing decisions you’d ever see. This time though there was no Big Six involvement, it was Leeds United who were the beneficiaries. Bamford’s penalty which ultimately won the match, was bad enough - it was a perfectly valid tackle - but the decision at the other end when despite the Leeds goalkeeper sticking his knee into the Burnley forward, a perfectly good goal is scored by Burnley and is disallowed as the referee rules that it was the goalkeeper who had been fouled. If it wasn’t a goal it was definitely a penalty. What it definitely wasn’t is a Leeds free-kick. Disgraceful decision.
How can decisions like that stand when they can consult a tv replay to check if they’ve made the right decision? There is no excuse for those mistakes in the age of VAR. Dyche had every right to be incandescent which he was. In their position, Burnley do not need such refereeing incompetence.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2020 23:23]
Appalling officiating in the Premier League on 23:22 - Dec 27 with 2050 viewsbritferry

I saw the Leeds keeper incident, pathetic, 50 50 challenge and the precious keeper wins a free kick

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Appalling officiating in the Premier League on 09:22 - Dec 28 with 1933 viewsfelixstowe_jack

VAR is a pandora's box once opened it has caused all sorts of problems the referees and assistants afraid to make their own decisions, the people in stockly park keep getting it wrong offside is now a joke .

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Appalling officiating in the Premier League on 10:05 - Dec 28 with 1910 viewsThornburyswan

Appalling officiating in the Premier League on 09:22 - Dec 28 by felixstowe_jack

VAR is a pandora's box once opened it has caused all sorts of problems the referees and assistants afraid to make their own decisions, the people in stockly park keep getting it wrong offside is now a joke .

& handball, whilst I was fine with the Burnley second yesterday Moyes was correct in that it should have been VAR’d out with the current interpretation as given.
Appalling officiating in the Premier League on 10:44 - Dec 28 with 1882 viewsonehunglow

Yep,I started a similiar thread

Hope leeds are not now everyone's second club because of the enigmatic Bielsa.

Disgusting day for football really to see that.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Appalling officiating in the Premier League on 11:25 - Dec 28 with 1852 viewsAndy1300

Appalling officiating in the Premier League on 10:44 - Dec 28 by onehunglow

Yep,I started a similiar thread

Hope leeds are not now everyone's second club because of the enigmatic Bielsa.

Disgusting day for football really to see that.

Always been a club I followed since the 70’s

Nice to see them back in the top flight.

Number 1 team in Wales

Appalling officiating in the Premier League on 11:31 - Dec 28 with 1843 viewsonehunglow

lol.

A club I ve detested from the Bremner era .

Not exactly welcoming to away fans either.

You ever walked past the Peacock with a Swans top on . I have and it aint pleasant.

That said city and one I know very well.Our kid spent 4 yrs there in Uni too

Appalling officiating in the Premier League on 12:37 - Dec 28 with 1799 viewsAndyCole

It's not just the EPL as we know only too well from some of the baffling officiating 'decisions' against us this term

Wonder what the conspiracy theorists say ? Is it mass media related ?

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Appalling officiating in the Premier League on 12:45 - Dec 28 with 1794 viewsonehunglow

It's interesting though Andy.

I used to think it was always us-with our natural paranoia -but Burnley seem to have been shat on a they have before.

They're a miracle club really to be mixing it with the "big boys".It's something our club should still be doing and I admit I have not got over it as yet

Login to get fewer ads

Appalling officiating in the Premier League on 01:02 - Dec 29 with 1688 viewsJack59

The refereeing decisions in that game demonstrated that the footballing hierarchy have now welcomed back Leeds United into the 'big club' category.
Appalling officiating in the Premier League on 10:15 - Dec 29 with 1641 viewsonehunglow

Yes indeed.The love in is led by Gary Neville ,of all people,as the two clubs detest each other and both sets of fans clearly miss the hurling of abuse.
Sad really

Appalling officiating in the Premier League on 11:18 - Dec 29 with 1602 viewsKeithHaynes

Appalling officiating in the Premier League on 01:02 - Dec 29 by Jack59

The refereeing decisions in that game demonstrated that the footballing hierarchy have now welcomed back Leeds United into the 'big club' category.

Worthy of discussion.

Why Swansea City ? : Getting inside the referee’s head 8th Mar 2021 10:00
In the light of recent events we reproduce our article on bias in refereeing. Absolutely undeniable and backed up by professionals. This was written after the Bristol City away game earlier on this season. The facts though will always be the same. The likes of a ranting Warnock after Saturday, if he has the intelligence, should take note. 5

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Appalling officiating in the Premier League on 14:04 - Dec 29 with 1571 viewscockneyswan

Lids “media darlings” 🤬
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024