Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lance 11:55 - Jan 25 with 364 viewsonehunglow

A hard watch . Part 1.

This guy was a hero to many including me and many of us were hoodwinked into his drugs allegations being another example of French jealousy. In highsight,,like millions of others,we were cheated. There were of course those who always knew he was doping,as most of the others were. It was a mess ,although I think kit's better nw,nut given the extraordinary physical demands riders will always try to gain whatever they can to survive. Riders have always doped/cheated even from the earliest days.

However,arrogant,obnoxious and tiresome, he was awareness of both breast cancer which my missus had at Stage 4 and testicular cancer which kill many younger men and only the utmost biggest pr1ck can deny that.

He destroyed cycling single handedly for many and has no regrets at all but many are alive today because of his work in fighting the curse of cancer so his legacy in that regard is the polar opposite of his regarding cycling

Ok lifey.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 16:19]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Lance on 18:35 - Jan 25 with 279 viewsbritferry

I downloaded 2 Sky documentaries last week, The Armstrong Lie & Pantani, both cyclists caught up in the 90s cycling drug scene, both a good watch.

The cyclists taking the drugs to increase their red blood cells were dying in their sleep, so they had to wear heart monitors to bed and if their heart rate dropped, they had to get on a training bike for a few hours to stay alive.

Pantani was a sad case, great young cyclist who was forced to take them by his team or he lost his contract.

Armstrong made the TdF podium 8 times in all, all but one of the cyclists on the podium with him were somehow caught up in drugs allegations. If he hadn't had made his comeback in 2009, he might have got away with it but his old team-mates who had been banned, like Landis, started to open up about what the US Postal team were doing.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Lance on 19:42 - Jan 25 with 256 viewstrampie

Some say Armstrong was effectively dropped from the cancer charity he was involved with and some say he was only involved to promote himself, regardless of what was what and his motivation behind his involvement with the charity Armstrong was a wrongun.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Lance on 20:13 - Jan 25 with 239 viewsonehunglow

Lance on 18:35 - Jan 25 by britferry

I downloaded 2 Sky documentaries last week, The Armstrong Lie & Pantani, both cyclists caught up in the 90s cycling drug scene, both a good watch.

The cyclists taking the drugs to increase their red blood cells were dying in their sleep, so they had to wear heart monitors to bed and if their heart rate dropped, they had to get on a training bike for a few hours to stay alive.

Pantani was a sad case, great young cyclist who was forced to take them by his team or he lost his contract.

Armstrong made the TdF podium 8 times in all, all but one of the cyclists on the podium with him were somehow caught up in drugs allegations. If he hadn't had made his comeback in 2009, he might have got away with it but his old team-mates who had been banned, like Landis, started to open up about what the US Postal team were doing.

Good reply.
I remember it well.Ive followed the Tour de France since Jacques Anquetil third win then we were in France on holiday and saw a stage in Amiens.

He was also one heavily suspected of doping as most were.

Armstrong did shame his cancer charitie BUT he really did really raise awareness

And for the attention of my followers-I am not supporting or cordoning what he did. If people want to carp over people like me admiring his expolits -AT THAT TIME- that is their perogative

Lance on 23:13 - Jan 25 with 208 viewsonehunglow

Come on Lifey,where are ya.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024