Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal 13:14 - Apr 14 with 2504 viewsKeithHaynes

40k a week ?
Regardless of the league we play in next season ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 08:33 - Apr 16 with 376 views34dfgdf54

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 08:26 - Apr 16 by Dr_Parnassus

I have no idea what he meant. Usually when people make suggestions of signings then they give them, as opposed to a generic league and assuming there are multiple suitable players there.

Employing scouts doesn’t create players. Scouts sourced Gyokeres I am assuming, who has also had a spell in u-23 level football.

If there are players we can sign as good as Rodon for 10k a week, let’s hear them. Not sure why that simple response is being met with hostility. Sounds like it could be a goldmine, let’s explore it...

Funnily enought I would have liked us to have taken a punt on Felix Nmecha on loan. Instead we focussed on the Leeds fella but they kept us hanging until it was too late. Should have moved on early but it's easy for me to say.

Players are there though, 100%, many sides have had success from loanees from Premier League U23 sides. Adam Armstrong being a brilliant example of that for Blackburn. The notion of it's "crazy" to think we should be looking there is very odd.
Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 08:36 - Apr 16 with 374 viewsDr_Parnassus

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 08:33 - Apr 16 by 34dfgdf54

Funnily enought I would have liked us to have taken a punt on Felix Nmecha on loan. Instead we focussed on the Leeds fella but they kept us hanging until it was too late. Should have moved on early but it's easy for me to say.

Players are there though, 100%, many sides have had success from loanees from Premier League U23 sides. Adam Armstrong being a brilliant example of that for Blackburn. The notion of it's "crazy" to think we should be looking there is very odd.

Who said it was crazy to look there?

I said it’s crazy to sign “anyone” from that league just because there have been decent players dotted around there in the past.

It’s not as easy as that. Name the names at the time and we can all have a look. Saying McBurnie played there 5 years ago isn’t really going to help our cause.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 08:40 - Apr 16 with 369 views34dfgdf54

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 08:36 - Apr 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Who said it was crazy to look there?

I said it’s crazy to sign “anyone” from that league just because there have been decent players dotted around there in the past.

It’s not as easy as that. Name the names at the time and we can all have a look. Saying McBurnie played there 5 years ago isn’t really going to help our cause.

Ok, so 9MH meant just go there and pluck the first number 9 we could see on a teamsheet. Fair enough.
Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 08:43 - Apr 16 with 366 viewsDr_Parnassus

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 08:40 - Apr 16 by 34dfgdf54

Ok, so 9MH meant just go there and pluck the first number 9 we could see on a teamsheet. Fair enough.

Why are we having the same discussion over and over again?

I have no idea what he meant. If there were 7 ready made names to pluck out within a 2.5m budget then why aren’t we talking about them?

Seems weird to be so generic about it.

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 08:51 - Apr 16 with 350 views34dfgdf54

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 08:43 - Apr 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Why are we having the same discussion over and over again?

I have no idea what he meant. If there were 7 ready made names to pluck out within a 2.5m budget then why aren’t we talking about them?

Seems weird to be so generic about it.

I just give you one, we were chasing the Leeds lad though. Seems like we put all our eggs in one basket which was a shame.

Plenty of talent in the U23 system which could come straight in and perform at Championship level as has been proved countless times. I've even given you a few examples to help you out.
Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 08:58 - Apr 16 with 346 viewsDr_Parnassus

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 08:51 - Apr 16 by 34dfgdf54

I just give you one, we were chasing the Leeds lad though. Seems like we put all our eggs in one basket which was a shame.

Plenty of talent in the U23 system which could come straight in and perform at Championship level as has been proved countless times. I've even given you a few examples to help you out.

Ok so that’s one, interesting. Looks incredibly unproven though which is tough considering we are at the sharp end of a Championship season going for promotion to the Premier League. It’s as you say a complete gamble.

Anyone with any pedigree knocking about with higher odds of being able to cut it at this level?

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 09:04 - Apr 16 with 343 views34dfgdf54

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 08:58 - Apr 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Ok so that’s one, interesting. Looks incredibly unproven though which is tough considering we are at the sharp end of a Championship season going for promotion to the Premier League. It’s as you say a complete gamble.

Anyone with any pedigree knocking about with higher odds of being able to cut it at this level?

If you want proven pedigree then you're looking at someone like Glen Murray. No thanks.

Give me young and hungry any day. Plenty down the years have been more than good enough for this level. I see the young lad Louie Barry has been banging them in aswell and Villa fans calling for him to be given a go in first team. Would be a no from me though despite his one off performance against Liverpool.
Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 09:07 - Apr 16 with 339 viewsDr_Parnassus

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 09:04 - Apr 16 by 34dfgdf54

If you want proven pedigree then you're looking at someone like Glen Murray. No thanks.

Give me young and hungry any day. Plenty down the years have been more than good enough for this level. I see the young lad Louie Barry has been banging them in aswell and Villa fans calling for him to be given a go in first team. Would be a no from me though despite his one off performance against Liverpool.

Ok so now we are getting the understanding of what people want our policy to be.

So we need to be signing players that we have no idea if they can cut it? Sounds to me like while we may get some hits, we will also get a lot of misses. Sounds an expensive way to go about things.

Login to get fewer ads

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 11:36 - Apr 16 with 301 views34dfgdf54

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 09:07 - Apr 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Ok so now we are getting the understanding of what people want our policy to be.

So we need to be signing players that we have no idea if they can cut it? Sounds to me like while we may get some hits, we will also get a lot of misses. Sounds an expensive way to go about things.

What do people want our policy to be?

9MH gave a list of players earlier we have signed for great success for little or no money. It's the Championship. Andy Scott worked for Brentford who did it better than anyone, read his WalesOnline interview, he can explain our strategy better than I could on here.
Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 11:55 - Apr 16 with 284 viewsDr_Parnassus

Would you sign Ayew on a one year deal on 11:36 - Apr 16 by 34dfgdf54

What do people want our policy to be?

9MH gave a list of players earlier we have signed for great success for little or no money. It's the Championship. Andy Scott worked for Brentford who did it better than anyone, read his WalesOnline interview, he can explain our strategy better than I could on here.

You mean players we signed 15 years ago, hand picked 15 years later after seeing them play for us for years, conveniently ignoring the ones that didn't work and simply saying ''sign players like these''?

Stuff of pure fantasy unfortunately.

Names of players we can sign, or the conversation is useless.

You can't educate Australian Pork on 12:27 - Apr 16 with 268 views9MilesHigh

You see right here what is the constant battle in trying to educate some Swans fans who have not had the mental capacity to grasp these matters over the years.

Our success doesn't and never has come from buying "proven pedigree" or whatever that means. A Club our size just couldn't operate like this - you'd think that wouldn't need explaining but to some clearly it does.

The examples of players listed during our last rise up the leagues were given to illustrate the methodology that has brought us the success we've all enjoyed.

When we moved away from this model of working it ultimately started our demise.

To provide player names that some weirdo on a message board systematically researches to find fault is completely futile and should be ignored and mocked.

There's young talent in all 4 corners of the world, there's talent in the leagues below and above us, in Scotland, Ireland and if it's more difficult to sign players from the EU now then what doors has that opened up in the rest of the world - or has Brexit completely shafted the football industry the same as it's trying to do with so many others.

However, if that is the case it will be the same for every club. We've just got to get back to the nuts and bolts that has proved successful before.

A Ryan Bennett here and there is ok but we have to be better and wiser in our recruitment or the future of SCFC will suffer.

And the Rodon example was just to illustrate players wages in general. It was not to think we could get 4 Joe Rodon's into the team, only an absolute hyena would think that.

And lastly, as important as any scouting is the philosophy at the Club. We need to bring players in to suit our style of play. We picked up gems in the game because they were considered too small in size in the past but they slotted in seamlessly for us.

This is another reason I have been so critical of Cooper. Because he hasn't implemented a playing style so apart from bringing in kids that he's worked with before, we don't have the scouting profiling we should have.

All basic stuff really but does it really need someone to strangle the life out of us repeating the same old nonsense every 10 minutes? The Forum deserves better.
You can't educate Australian Pork on 12:39 - Apr 16 with 265 viewsDr_Parnassus

You can't educate Australian Pork on 12:27 - Apr 16 by 9MilesHigh

You see right here what is the constant battle in trying to educate some Swans fans who have not had the mental capacity to grasp these matters over the years.

Our success doesn't and never has come from buying "proven pedigree" or whatever that means. A Club our size just couldn't operate like this - you'd think that wouldn't need explaining but to some clearly it does.

The examples of players listed during our last rise up the leagues were given to illustrate the methodology that has brought us the success we've all enjoyed.

When we moved away from this model of working it ultimately started our demise.

To provide player names that some weirdo on a message board systematically researches to find fault is completely futile and should be ignored and mocked.

There's young talent in all 4 corners of the world, there's talent in the leagues below and above us, in Scotland, Ireland and if it's more difficult to sign players from the EU now then what doors has that opened up in the rest of the world - or has Brexit completely shafted the football industry the same as it's trying to do with so many others.

However, if that is the case it will be the same for every club. We've just got to get back to the nuts and bolts that has proved successful before.

A Ryan Bennett here and there is ok but we have to be better and wiser in our recruitment or the future of SCFC will suffer.

And the Rodon example was just to illustrate players wages in general. It was not to think we could get 4 Joe Rodon's into the team, only an absolute hyena would think that.

And lastly, as important as any scouting is the philosophy at the Club. We need to bring players in to suit our style of play. We picked up gems in the game because they were considered too small in size in the past but they slotted in seamlessly for us.

This is another reason I have been so critical of Cooper. Because he hasn't implemented a playing style so apart from bringing in kids that he's worked with before, we don't have the scouting profiling we should have.

All basic stuff really but does it really need someone to strangle the life out of us repeating the same old nonsense every 10 minutes? The Forum deserves better.

Classic. You are throwing darts with absolutely no thought and then trying to batter them home clumsily without thought. As you know, that doesn't work with me. You can't get away with rubbish when I am involved because I will look into it and test it. Like the new approach nonsense.

I have never said I want players in with proven pedigree, I asked if there was any with any sort of pedigree (The likes of Dyer, Williams, Bodde all had professional experience). I am trying to get a grasp on what certain people are trying to say. When we talk about transfers, it's like trying to nail a trifle to the wall. Everything changes, a lot of squirming and evasion. What are we wanting here? What are we calling for?

If we are signing youth players with no experience at any professional level then there is going to be a lot of duds. Is that the pool of players we are choosing from where these 7 players are supposed to be coming from? If so, the chances of us getting 7 out of 7 right is almost non existent.

I agree we need to recruit well, I agree we need to be sensible with our signings. But saying we can get 7 good players in for 40k a week is sheer fantasy, certainly if they are going to fulfil the brief of having some sort of re-sale value as all the historic players you listed did.

Saying Joe Rodon being on 10k isn't illustrating players wages in general though is it, as has been pointed out, its an extreme example. I can't think of too many young, 15m international signings for a top PL club on such a salary. Can you name any other? It's doing the opposite of illustrating the situation, it's falsely representing at and as a result what we would be expected to bring in.

As for the forum deserving better, absolutely agree. This constant looking for conflict has been wearing thin for some time... which of course your response ''anyone?'' was designed to create.

Sadly I think people are stuck in 2002.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 12:46]

You can't educate Australian Pork on 12:46 - Apr 16 with 262 views9MilesHigh

You can't educate Australian Pork on 12:39 - Apr 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Classic. You are throwing darts with absolutely no thought and then trying to batter them home clumsily without thought. As you know, that doesn't work with me. You can't get away with rubbish when I am involved because I will look into it and test it. Like the new approach nonsense.

I have never said I want players in with proven pedigree, I asked if there was any with any sort of pedigree (The likes of Dyer, Williams, Bodde all had professional experience). I am trying to get a grasp on what certain people are trying to say. When we talk about transfers, it's like trying to nail a trifle to the wall. Everything changes, a lot of squirming and evasion. What are we wanting here? What are we calling for?

If we are signing youth players with no experience at any professional level then there is going to be a lot of duds. Is that the pool of players we are choosing from where these 7 players are supposed to be coming from? If so, the chances of us getting 7 out of 7 right is almost non existent.

I agree we need to recruit well, I agree we need to be sensible with our signings. But saying we can get 7 good players in for 40k a week is sheer fantasy, certainly if they are going to fulfil the brief of having some sort of re-sale value as all the historic players you listed did.

Saying Joe Rodon being on 10k isn't illustrating players wages in general though is it, as has been pointed out, its an extreme example. I can't think of too many young, 15m international signings for a top PL club on such a salary. Can you name any other? It's doing the opposite of illustrating the situation, it's falsely representing at and as a result what we would be expected to bring in.

As for the forum deserving better, absolutely agree. This constant looking for conflict has been wearing thin for some time... which of course your response ''anyone?'' was designed to create.

Sadly I think people are stuck in 2002.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 12:46]

Adam is basically saying he agrees with me.

Let's hope Andy Scott has a bit more savvy than this lad.
You can't educate Australian Pork on 12:49 - Apr 16 with 257 viewsDr_Parnassus

You can't educate Australian Pork on 12:46 - Apr 16 by 9MilesHigh

Adam is basically saying he agrees with me.

Let's hope Andy Scott has a bit more savvy than this lad.

Adam is saying you don't know what point you are making yourself.

Andy Scott agrees.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024