Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper - Crystal Palace 12:34 - May 18 with 1720 views34dfgdf54

Romano thinks he's in the mix. I'd be surprised personally, but you never know!
[Post edited 18 May 2021 13:01]
Cooper - Crystal Palace on 12:51 - May 18 with 1690 viewsThornburyswan

I can see why, young manager delivered two play-offs on the spin with a minimal budget & worked well with young up & coming players + loanees - yes our style has been poor but since when were Palace worried about that!
Cooper - Crystal Palace on 13:27 - May 18 with 1648 viewsKeithHaynes

Next Crystal Palace manager odds (Betfair):

Frank Lampard - 4/11
Sean Dyche - 4/1
Steve Cooper - 5/1
Valerian Ismael - 17/2
Eddie Howe - 11/1

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cooper - Crystal Palace on 22:27 - May 18 with 1509 viewsDr_Parnassus

Utterly ludicrous that anyone would be shocked.

He’s got back to back Championship playoff finishes in his first 2 years as club boss for a team with a middle of the pack budget improving year on year. Focussing on youth and British young talents. All the ingredients for what clubs are looking for.

Sadly, much like when the OP makes up quotes regularly that someone else (didn’t) say every time he’s on the ropes now a debate with them, some people’s vendettas really do blind them to common sense.

Beyond parody now.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Cooper - Crystal Palace on 06:07 - May 19 with 1446 views34dfgdf54

Cooper - Crystal Palace on 22:27 - May 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Utterly ludicrous that anyone would be shocked.

He’s got back to back Championship playoff finishes in his first 2 years as club boss for a team with a middle of the pack budget improving year on year. Focussing on youth and British young talents. All the ingredients for what clubs are looking for.

Sadly, much like when the OP makes up quotes regularly that someone else (didn’t) say every time he’s on the ropes now a debate with them, some people’s vendettas really do blind them to common sense.

Beyond parody now.

Haha what are you going on about again?

I did say I’d be surprised if he got a premier league job, I actually said that on the post above. I’ve made up nothing at all, for example I give you direct quotes on the last discussion we had and you came back with an article off some random journalist in Orlando . Bare in mind a few weeks ago you totally rubbished articles off two journalists over here. You do whatever suits your argument and then thrash out uncontrollably when you’re wrong, again and again.

If Cooper gets the job, or even if he gets an interview, I’ll hold my hands up on this one. In reflection won’t you be a bit surprised aswell? You questioned whether he had the ability to motivate players when the chips are down a few weeks back. We’ll see.
[Post edited 19 May 2021 6:20]
Cooper - Crystal Palace on 07:45 - May 19 with 1408 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper - Crystal Palace on 06:07 - May 19 by 34dfgdf54

Haha what are you going on about again?

I did say I’d be surprised if he got a premier league job, I actually said that on the post above. I’ve made up nothing at all, for example I give you direct quotes on the last discussion we had and you came back with an article off some random journalist in Orlando . Bare in mind a few weeks ago you totally rubbished articles off two journalists over here. You do whatever suits your argument and then thrash out uncontrollably when you’re wrong, again and again.

If Cooper gets the job, or even if he gets an interview, I’ll hold my hands up on this one. In reflection won’t you be a bit surprised aswell? You questioned whether he had the ability to motivate players when the chips are down a few weeks back. We’ll see.
[Post edited 19 May 2021 6:20]

Which part are you confused about specifically?

You made up that I said an off season loan from the US would never work. You are constantly subtly changing peoples quotes and then putting them in quotation marks as if they said it. Very dishonest.

As for the discussion about Dike, you used direct quotes from the Barnsley chairman. Who has absolutely nothing to do with Orlando and their valuation, your quotes were in relation to the pre arranged deal they signed prior to coming to Barnsley.

On that same discussion you also claimed I said he was worth $20m when I said nothing of the sort. I said Orlando value him at $20m, that’s an altogether different thing. Prime examples of dishonesty, or at very best; an aversion to understanding basic things.

You also said I claimed Arriola would not make it at this level, when again I said nothing of the sort. I said there is no evidence to suggest he can. Again; I’m very careful with my words so when you change them for your own gain in order to misrepresent what I said, it sticks out like a sore thumb, because I always know exactly what I’ve said.

As for Cooper - I didn’t question anything, I said it is his first tricky patch and it’s up to him to rally the troops, which remains to be seen. I didn’t display faith or doubt regarding his ability to do that.

We ended up finishing 4th and won the first leg of the play offs away from home against the form team in the league, leaving us potentially 180 mins from the Premier League. I think he’s passed that test to be honest.
[Post edited 19 May 2021 7:48]

Cooper - Crystal Palace on 08:27 - May 19 with 1375 views34dfgdf54

Cooper - Crystal Palace on 07:45 - May 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Which part are you confused about specifically?

You made up that I said an off season loan from the US would never work. You are constantly subtly changing peoples quotes and then putting them in quotation marks as if they said it. Very dishonest.

As for the discussion about Dike, you used direct quotes from the Barnsley chairman. Who has absolutely nothing to do with Orlando and their valuation, your quotes were in relation to the pre arranged deal they signed prior to coming to Barnsley.

On that same discussion you also claimed I said he was worth $20m when I said nothing of the sort. I said Orlando value him at $20m, that’s an altogether different thing. Prime examples of dishonesty, or at very best; an aversion to understanding basic things.

You also said I claimed Arriola would not make it at this level, when again I said nothing of the sort. I said there is no evidence to suggest he can. Again; I’m very careful with my words so when you change them for your own gain in order to misrepresent what I said, it sticks out like a sore thumb, because I always know exactly what I’ve said.

As for Cooper - I didn’t question anything, I said it is his first tricky patch and it’s up to him to rally the troops, which remains to be seen. I didn’t display faith or doubt regarding his ability to do that.

We ended up finishing 4th and won the first leg of the play offs away from home against the form team in the league, leaving us potentially 180 mins from the Premier League. I think he’s passed that test to be honest.
[Post edited 19 May 2021 7:48]

What did you say about off season loans from the US then?

You used the $20m nonsense to try and counter your statement regarding off season loans from the US. You've previously rubbished articles by journalists, but you've ran with one off the Orlando Sentinel when it completely contradicts direct quotes from a man who is directly involved with the deal, and who has called the fee as "silly season". Simple as that.

When did I say you said that? I said I thought you he would have made a decent impact for us and was a better option than Dhanda for example. You just backed Cooper's opinion of not using him at all, that's your prerogative.
Cooper - Crystal Palace on 08:36 - May 19 with 1355 viewsonehunglow

Cooper - Crystal Palace on 08:27 - May 19 by 34dfgdf54

You used the $20m nonsense to try and counter your statement regarding off season loans from the US. You've previously rubbished articles by journalists, but you've ran with one off the Orlando Sentinel when it completely contradicts direct quotes from a man who is directly involved with the deal, and who has called the fee as "silly season". Simple as that.

When did I say you said that? I said I thought you he would have made a decent impact for us and was a better option than Dhanda for example. You just backed Cooper's opinion of not using him at all, that's your prerogative.

Blaine.I think you might just be helping a lonesome cowboy get through the night.
Anyone believing they post "fact" is either lying,deluded or simply joshing.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cooper - Crystal Palace on 08:37 - May 19 with 1368 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper - Crystal Palace on 08:27 - May 19 by 34dfgdf54

I told you at the time, twice. Loaning players in their offseason into a team where you want players due to fatigue is rarely a good idea.

Eh? Loans from the MLS was not mentioned prior to the valuation (which was correctly brought up by Chief), you are making things up again. Chief mentioned he was valued at $20m because you described Dike as “in our price range”.

Again, what are you talking about? Barnsley’s deal with Orlando struck before he arrived has nothing to do with Orlando’s current valuation. Which part of that don’t you understand?

You make so many ridiculous statements you can’t even keep track of them yourself.

Login to get fewer ads

Cooper - Crystal Palace on 08:42 - May 19 with 1365 views34dfgdf54

Cooper - Crystal Palace on 08:37 - May 19 by Dr_Parnassus

I told you at the time, twice. Loaning players in their offseason into a team where you want players due to fatigue is rarely a good idea.

Eh? Loans from the MLS was not mentioned prior to the valuation (which was correctly brought up by Chief), you are making things up again. Chief mentioned he was valued at $20m because you described Dike as “in our price range”.

Again, what are you talking about? Barnsley’s deal with Orlando struck before he arrived has nothing to do with Orlando’s current valuation. Which part of that don’t you understand?

You make so many ridiculous statements you can’t even keep track of them yourself.

Ah right, suppose Barnsley didn't take that advice, and it worked out pretty well for them.

Barnsley are in the bottom 3 for spenders, the whole argument was about you asking what players were available to play in the role Cooper liked in our price range, I gave you plenty of examples and Barnsley gave you another. It's that simple. You tried using this $20m nonsense to suit your agenda but it has completely back fired. Nearly as bad as the essay match preview on the Bournemouth play off first leg.

The only valuation that matters, is the one Orlando agreed with Barnsley. What the Orlando Sentinel are saying means as much to be as articles by Ian Mitchelmore and Wathan mean to you.
Cooper - Crystal Palace on 08:46 - May 19 with 1359 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper - Crystal Palace on 08:42 - May 19 by 34dfgdf54

Ah right, suppose Barnsley didn't take that advice, and it worked out pretty well for them.

Barnsley are in the bottom 3 for spenders, the whole argument was about you asking what players were available to play in the role Cooper liked in our price range, I gave you plenty of examples and Barnsley gave you another. It's that simple. You tried using this $20m nonsense to suit your agenda but it has completely back fired. Nearly as bad as the essay match preview on the Bournemouth play off first leg.

The only valuation that matters, is the one Orlando agreed with Barnsley. What the Orlando Sentinel are saying means as much to be as articles by Ian Mitchelmore and Wathan mean to you.

Without the benefit in hindsight yes, however you went on to use it in bucketloads.

I understand you wish we signed someone like Dike, however the owners chose Morris, that’s life.

You then went on to say Dike is in our price range, Chief corrected you and told you that he is valued at $20m and their owners (one of which is mr money ball from Orlando) was why he was able to sign him.

The only valuation that matters is not the one they pre agreed with Barnsley, that statement is just incorrect. Orlando now value him at $20m, whether you like that or not is of little consequence.
[Post edited 19 May 2021 8:59]

Cooper - Crystal Palace on 08:51 - May 19 with 1355 views34dfgdf54

Cooper - Crystal Palace on 08:46 - May 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Without the benefit in hindsight yes, however you went on to use it in bucketloads.

I understand you wish we signed someone like Dike, however the owners chose Morris, that’s life.

You then went on to say Dike is in our price range, Chief corrected you and told you that he is valued at $20m and their owners (one of which is mr money ball from Orlando) was why he was able to sign him.

The only valuation that matters is not the one they pre agreed with Barnsley, that statement is just incorrect. Orlando now value him at $20m, whether you like that or not is of little consequence.
[Post edited 19 May 2021 8:59]

I was happy with Morris, good player who can play centre forward. Cooper decided Gyokeres should be centre forward at start of the season, it didn't work out. I just call things out like "we haven't had a centre forward all season".

Of course a loan deal for Dike was in our price range if we wanted it, Barnsley are bottom three spenders. It's like saying Guehi isn't in our price range, of course he's not for a permanent transfer, but it's the championship, loans need to be utilised. Difference between the two examples though are Barnsley have apparently agreed a fee for Dike up front, which as we all know, won't be anywhere near $20m.
Cooper - Crystal Palace on 08:56 - May 19 with 1351 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper - Crystal Palace on 08:51 - May 19 by 34dfgdf54

I was happy with Morris, good player who can play centre forward. Cooper decided Gyokeres should be centre forward at start of the season, it didn't work out. I just call things out like "we haven't had a centre forward all season".

Of course a loan deal for Dike was in our price range if we wanted it, Barnsley are bottom three spenders. It's like saying Guehi isn't in our price range, of course he's not for a permanent transfer, but it's the championship, loans need to be utilised. Difference between the two examples though are Barnsley have apparently agreed a fee for Dike up front, which as we all know, won't be anywhere near $20m.

He did, that’s football. So we haven’t really had someone fit for purpose to play the lone striker role all season.

You have absolutely no idea what is involved in that deal. Orlando would know our finances and know we couldn’t afford to buy him, their loan deal included a buy option so their intent was ultimately to sell. That’s not something we could have offered.

No according to the Barnsley CEO it won’t be near $20m, but that’s the price Orlando want for him now if they don’t take up the option. That simple.
[Post edited 19 May 2021 8:58]

Cooper - Crystal Palace on 09:00 - May 19 with 1341 views34dfgdf54

Cooper - Crystal Palace on 08:56 - May 19 by Dr_Parnassus

He did, that’s football. So we haven’t really had someone fit for purpose to play the lone striker role all season.

You have absolutely no idea what is involved in that deal. Orlando would know our finances and know we couldn’t afford to buy him, their loan deal included a buy option so their intent was ultimately to sell. That’s not something we could have offered.

No according to the Barnsley CEO it won’t be near $20m, but that’s the price Orlando want for him now if they don’t take up the option. That simple.
[Post edited 19 May 2021 8:58]

Orlando also know Barnsleys finances, and know that they are in the bottom 3 spenders in the league, so $20m would be a very, very silly valuation.
Cooper - Crystal Palace on 09:02 - May 19 with 1335 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper - Crystal Palace on 09:00 - May 19 by 34dfgdf54

Orlando also know Barnsleys finances, and know that they are in the bottom 3 spenders in the league, so $20m would be a very, very silly valuation.

Again you are misunderstanding the notion of current value, and the amount pre agreed prior to joining.

Separate things.

If you dont like their valuation, take it up with them. I’m sure they will listen.
[Post edited 19 May 2021 9:03]

Cooper - Crystal Palace on 09:04 - May 19 with 1311 views34dfgdf54

Cooper - Crystal Palace on 09:02 - May 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Again you are misunderstanding the notion of current value, and the amount pre agreed prior to joining.

Separate things.

If you dont like their valuation, take it up with them. I’m sure they will listen.
[Post edited 19 May 2021 9:03]

$20m. lol.
Cooper - Crystal Palace on 09:08 - May 19 with 1303 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper - Crystal Palace on 09:04 - May 19 by 34dfgdf54

$20m. lol.

Is that your draft that you are going to send them?

Think it may need a bit more thought than that.

Cooper - Crystal Palace on 09:35 - May 20 with 1107 viewsKeithHaynes

Do we rely on this mornings latest that Cooper is favourite now ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cooper - Crystal Palace on 00:30 - May 21 with 944 viewsKilkennyjack

Looks like Coops has got a new job ....🤔

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024