Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Auto cup tie tickets 21:55 - Aug 13 with 13166 viewsStanisgod

Never had this in my life but just had an alert from offish to say I have got to un register for auto cup ties.
Ive never registered in the first place, why should i have to un register before Monday or pay up.
Just to finish the day I get a new paycard through despite being told twice on the phone and 3 times by e mail that my season ticket will be loaded on my old card.! ( I didnt need it Saturday as I moved seats for the game so no idea wether it would have worked).
Certainly not encouraging people to go.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Auto cup tie tickets on 16:42 - Aug 17 with 2288 viewslondonscottish

Auto cup tie tickets on 16:25 - Aug 17 by marky67

i received the e-mail on friday and clicked the highlighted box office e-mail address and opted out mainly because i refuse if possible to pay the rip off booking fee.

yesterday was my rest day at work so went to buy my ticket in person, standing in the queue chatting to a few people, it became apparent that some of them are not online and had no idea of this opt out so when they got into the box office which only had one window open their ticket had already been placed on their season ticket card/wallet, making their journey a waste of time.

The whole thing's somewhat chaotic.

Although I nearly fell off my chair when I was able to buy "my" ticket for £10 and NO booking fee.

But, yes, the whole thing's been badly implemented.

I don't blame the folks in the box office who are massively helpful when I can get through to them. It just smacks of a programme that's been pushed through without much forethought/testing/resources.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Auto cup tie tickets on 16:52 - Aug 17 with 2271 viewsNorthernr

A running theme over the last few weeks is we have an ageing fanbase. Without dipping into lazy stereotypes, because some 70 year olds could drink me under the table in tech knowledge, however... In an ageing fanbase you're going to get more people who are not tech savvy, who don't do smartphones and apps, who struggle with difficult websites and things like that. I've found our ticketing website, and the turnstile entry, difficult to master, and I'm reasonably adept with stuff like this.

The club needs to be better at all of this. They need to make it easier for people to buy tickets, get in the ground, speak to a person on the phone at the box office. Loads and loads of people online this week saying they try to ring, they sit in the queue for up to 45 minutes, and then it cuts them off when they get to the front - I've had that experience too.

The club knows it has an ageing fanbase. It was Lee Hoos who showed me the spreadsheet of the age of our supporter database and it was fairly alarming. They know they're dealing with a disproportionately larger amount of older people. But they're not making allowances for it.
Auto cup tie tickets on 17:23 - Aug 17 with 2235 viewstoboboly

Auto cup tie tickets on 16:52 - Aug 17 by Northernr

A running theme over the last few weeks is we have an ageing fanbase. Without dipping into lazy stereotypes, because some 70 year olds could drink me under the table in tech knowledge, however... In an ageing fanbase you're going to get more people who are not tech savvy, who don't do smartphones and apps, who struggle with difficult websites and things like that. I've found our ticketing website, and the turnstile entry, difficult to master, and I'm reasonably adept with stuff like this.

The club needs to be better at all of this. They need to make it easier for people to buy tickets, get in the ground, speak to a person on the phone at the box office. Loads and loads of people online this week saying they try to ring, they sit in the queue for up to 45 minutes, and then it cuts them off when they get to the front - I've had that experience too.

The club knows it has an ageing fanbase. It was Lee Hoos who showed me the spreadsheet of the age of our supporter database and it was fairly alarming. They know they're dealing with a disproportionately larger amount of older people. But they're not making allowances for it.

Completely get what you’re saying and agree, however age is not something we should be using as an excuse. I am under 40 and find the whole ticketing thing this year a complete clusterfck.

The club need to have a word with themselves and remember that they need the fans/customers and they need to be giving options. They haven’t even tested half of this sht as evidenced by the recast beta shambles, the turnstile issues suffered by people using a variety of entry methods and the sudden emails/demands about being on a cup ticket scheme.

This never happened before, was never an issue and yet somehow the club has ballsed up continuously in the last 6 weeks by acting all high and mighty. I like Hoos but he needs his bollox paddled after this sht show.

*rant over and not aimed at you*

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Auto cup tie tickets on 17:29 - Aug 17 with 2231 viewsozranger

As I mentioned before, I went in successfully and amended my account details for the debit card I am now using. Just wandered through the options now as per Clive's note before. The one at the bottom when you are in the View Account Menu pull down is "Account History". Nothing special one may wonder, but there is stated that my ticket had been bought for me already for a fiver (being a senior as I am) and no extra fees. I then checked my bank account and there was a debit for £5 from QPR. So, if you check your account history option under the little man and you are "eligible" then you should see that the club has bought the ticket for you. This was done yesterday.
Auto cup tie tickets on 17:36 - Aug 17 with 2221 viewsMick_S

It’s just far, far too difficult. Thankfully my youngest can fix this for me, but it really is off putting.

We may have a very busy season on the way and it needs sorting.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Auto cup tie tickets on 18:36 - Aug 17 with 2185 viewslondonscottish

All true, and I suppose I fit the "ageing" bucket.

BUT

I've worked in tech all my life and have rarely come across something as simple as this so badly thought out and so badly explained.

More to the point, my 17 year old son who studies computer science and has just done a summer coding camp, was also stumped by it and had to join the massive queue to speak to someone in the box office. Twice.

It's just something that's not been properly thought through that wasn't tested properly and which had really bad communications. I feel really sorry for the box office staff as I imagine life has been really tough for them over the last week dealing with wave after wave of confused/impatient/irritated people. Under the circumstances, they've been great.

Auto cup tie tickets on 18:40 - Aug 17 with 2180 viewsNorthernr

Auto cup tie tickets on 17:23 - Aug 17 by toboboly

Completely get what you’re saying and agree, however age is not something we should be using as an excuse. I am under 40 and find the whole ticketing thing this year a complete clusterfck.

The club need to have a word with themselves and remember that they need the fans/customers and they need to be giving options. They haven’t even tested half of this sht as evidenced by the recast beta shambles, the turnstile issues suffered by people using a variety of entry methods and the sudden emails/demands about being on a cup ticket scheme.

This never happened before, was never an issue and yet somehow the club has ballsed up continuously in the last 6 weeks by acting all high and mighty. I like Hoos but he needs his bollox paddled after this sht show.

*rant over and not aimed at you*

Yeh I get it mate, and that's rather my point. If the tech literate are struggling, then imagine how the majority of our fanbase is coping.
Auto cup tie tickets on 18:53 - Aug 17 with 2165 viewsGloryHunter

I'm old but tech literate, and also stumped. I managed to buy my Oxford ticket yesterday, but can't see it anywhere. No email confirmation, so nothing in my Google Pay wallet, and under TICKET MANAGEMENT, I get "You currently do not have any tickets that can be managed."

Edit: Under ACCOUNT HISTORY the Oxford ticket shows up as "You purchased one item", and says, "Purchase confirmation has been sent to your registered email address.". But it hasn't. There's a button saying "Resend email", but it's not clickable.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 18:59]
Login to get fewer ads

Auto cup tie tickets on 19:17 - Aug 17 with 2119 viewsWatfordR

Clive, what they are currently offering online just isn't up to standard whatever age you are. In fact, I suspect anyone under 40 looking at our website and how it's laid out would just laugh and then never use it again. It's a collection of bolt ons with nothing coherent about it at all. On top of that, the app looks nothing like the website and isn't any more joined up.

People want to use the website to check fixtures, buy tickets, and buy access to live streams, and should be able to do so quickly and easily. Everything else, imo, is secondary. I know there's a belief that younger users want to be able to access stuff for free, but the way to build youth into our fanbase is by getting success on the pitch so that the club begins to look attractive to them going forward. What has the club done over the last 30 years that would attract youngsters to support us?

I'm not expecting us to win the Prem, or even challenge for it, but all the bolx about disregarding the Cup competitions has to stop. If you commit to them, every now and again, a chance to progress to a final is going to pop up now and again. Millwall, Portsmouth, Wigan, Brum and even Bradford (off the top off my head) have been to finals, so it is possible.

You know, in the same way as the club had to accept a medium term pain to get to he current gain we are seeing on the pitch, it will need to do the same with addressing a fanbase for the future. Like it or not, a new stadium will need to be part of that. However, in the short term, it must be patently obvious that the online offering is really poor and that shouldn't need much more than a will to acknowledge it and a commitment to provide us with a replacement that is fit for purpose.
Auto cup tie tickets on 19:32 - Aug 17 with 2115 viewsozranger

Auto cup tie tickets on 18:53 - Aug 17 by GloryHunter

I'm old but tech literate, and also stumped. I managed to buy my Oxford ticket yesterday, but can't see it anywhere. No email confirmation, so nothing in my Google Pay wallet, and under TICKET MANAGEMENT, I get "You currently do not have any tickets that can be managed."

Edit: Under ACCOUNT HISTORY the Oxford ticket shows up as "You purchased one item", and says, "Purchase confirmation has been sent to your registered email address.". But it hasn't. There's a button saying "Resend email", but it's not clickable.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 18:59]

It appears not clickable but I was able to click it. The message then appeared in my spam folder as opposed to anywhere else. Quite apt.
Auto cup tie tickets on 20:15 - Aug 17 with 2072 viewsterryb

I confess that I've not checked if I have "purchased" a ticket for the Oxford match. As I've never ticked a box to enrole for cup tie tickets I'm assuming that this is still the case. I will be very annoyed if the club decide that I have just because I've not contacted them to state that I don't want them.

If it hadn't been for this thread, I would not have been aware that this option even existed & I expect that applies to a fair percentage of our supporters. Personally, there was never a chance that I would be commuting to Shepherds Bush three times in eight days & I would be full of righteous indignation if they were to charge me the senior citizen fare.
Auto cup tie tickets on 20:36 - Aug 17 with 2048 viewsGloryHunter

Auto cup tie tickets on 19:32 - Aug 17 by ozranger

It appears not clickable but I was able to click it. The message then appeared in my spam folder as opposed to anywhere else. Quite apt.

Thanks. It's not in the spam folder on my laptop or phone, but I did find it in the spam folder on the email server webmail site. But it's just an email, not a ticket. It says, "Home Matches: Supporters purchasing tickets for a game at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium will receive digital tickets via email." So will they be emailing the actual tickets nearer the time? Why make it so complicated?
Auto cup tie tickets on 21:15 - Aug 17 with 2025 viewsDevon_4_England

I am a season ticket holder and have booked an extra Oxford ticket and 2 Coventry tickets this evening via the website.

The confusion for many appears to be actually getting to the QPR e-ticketing site but once you are logged in you can buy tickets if you have the right ‘privileges’ ie membership needed in Upper Loft

It says on the QPR Ticketing page on the main website:
Tickets must be purchased by first signing into your QPR linked ticketing account HERE.

The auto cup tie email seems to be the issue here as if you don’t ‘subscribe’ to the scheme you can’t update your details this has the case since last season so the email has gone out but there isn’t the ability to add your details but buying tickets and assigning them to mates in your network is working fine.
Auto cup tie tickets on 08:30 - Aug 18 with 1951 viewssexton

Auto cup tie tickets on 20:36 - Aug 17 by GloryHunter

Thanks. It's not in the spam folder on my laptop or phone, but I did find it in the spam folder on the email server webmail site. But it's just an email, not a ticket. It says, "Home Matches: Supporters purchasing tickets for a game at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium will receive digital tickets via email." So will they be emailing the actual tickets nearer the time? Why make it so complicated?

Same. I'm struggling to think of an occasion when I have bought tickets for an event online and not received them immediately I've paid.
Auto cup tie tickets on 12:04 - Aug 18 with 1883 viewslondonscottish

Auto cup tie tickets on 21:15 - Aug 17 by Devon_4_England

I am a season ticket holder and have booked an extra Oxford ticket and 2 Coventry tickets this evening via the website.

The confusion for many appears to be actually getting to the QPR e-ticketing site but once you are logged in you can buy tickets if you have the right ‘privileges’ ie membership needed in Upper Loft

It says on the QPR Ticketing page on the main website:
Tickets must be purchased by first signing into your QPR linked ticketing account HERE.

The auto cup tie email seems to be the issue here as if you don’t ‘subscribe’ to the scheme you can’t update your details this has the case since last season so the email has gone out but there isn’t the ability to add your details but buying tickets and assigning them to mates in your network is working fine.

If you take those issues in reverse order, I didn't opt in to the cup tie scheme at the beginning. I tried to follow the instructions provided by the club online and by email and they made no sense. Clive eventually told me to look for my "reserved ticket" which I did and, finally, I could buy them.

The new eTicketing site just offers a further layer of confusion on top as I was so used to be able to see my family online and allocate tickets to them as I chose. My son seems to have cracked this by creating a profile on the new system - I can see him on there now.

I know the club needs to look after its costs and get the move to digital - it's just meant changing a lot of things all at once.

Anyway, all good now. Assuming I actually have tickets. As others have pointed out there's no evidence I can actually see.

Auto cup tie tickets on 12:06 - Aug 18 with 1882 viewslondonscottish

Auto cup tie tickets on 08:30 - Aug 18 by sexton

Same. I'm struggling to think of an occasion when I have bought tickets for an event online and not received them immediately I've paid.

This. It's very odd since the new eTicketing site seems to be run by TicketMaster........

For non-QPR stuff you'd expect a PDF almost immediately.

For QPR ST holders you'd expect that or something obvious showing up online somewhere.

Auto cup tie tickets on 12:55 - Aug 18 with 1863 viewssexton

Update: Sean from the box office phoned me and took my credit card details so I can be added to the automatic scheme.

He also said that the Oxford ticket would be added to my digital season ticket automatically. I assume this will be the same for everybody.
Auto cup tie tickets on 13:10 - Aug 18 with 1855 viewslondonscottish

Auto cup tie tickets on 12:55 - Aug 18 by sexton

Update: Sean from the box office phoned me and took my credit card details so I can be added to the automatic scheme.

He also said that the Oxford ticket would be added to my digital season ticket automatically. I assume this will be the same for everybody.

Groan....no. I've got my Oxford ticket but am still not auto-enrolled.

Still, the next time (assuming there is one....) I at least know that I've got 1st dibs on my seat.

I think.

Auto cup tie tickets on 15:34 - Aug 19 with 1743 viewstoboboly

Apologies for raising this again but my work schedule has changed so I can make the cup game. Just purchased a ticket and there is no info on whether it is a printed one, a digital, they will post it.

Absolutely nothing, is this ok? Do I give the turnstile a nudge nudge, wink wink when I get there?

Thing is I have paper tickets for the next two home games as the ST card I have doesn't work, so presumably they can't load it onto the card?

EDIT: All good - looks like old school and it has been emailed as a PDF! Boom!
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 15:36]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Auto cup tie tickets on 15:44 - Aug 19 with 1731 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Apologies if covered but I have trolled through the last page and a half and can't see it.

I managed to purchase the reserved cup tickets for my son and I and received the confirmation e-mail. However, I have not had the tickets e-mail itself. My mate got his straight away when he did it. I e-mailed the box office about it yesterday and I have previously received a response very quickly but nothing yet.

Anyone have the same issue?
Auto cup tie tickets on 15:52 - Aug 19 with 1721 viewsNorthernr

Auto cup tie tickets on 15:44 - Aug 19 by CroydonCaptJack

Apologies if covered but I have trolled through the last page and a half and can't see it.

I managed to purchase the reserved cup tickets for my son and I and received the confirmation e-mail. However, I have not had the tickets e-mail itself. My mate got his straight away when he did it. I e-mailed the box office about it yesterday and I have previously received a response very quickly but nothing yet.

Anyone have the same issue?

Yes mine auto-renewed, took the money, it's there in my search history, but no ticket. So I'm presuming it's just uploaded onto my season ticket and I'll scan that.
Auto cup tie tickets on 16:08 - Aug 19 with 1696 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Auto cup tie tickets on 15:52 - Aug 19 by Northernr

Yes mine auto-renewed, took the money, it's there in my search history, but no ticket. So I'm presuming it's just uploaded onto my season ticket and I'll scan that.

Ah yes, that would make sense but be good to know for sure so if I get a response I will let you know.
Auto cup tie tickets on 10:51 - Aug 20 with 1578 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I just put this on the other thread but in case it is not seen please see reply from the Box Office

As you have purchased your own seats, your tickets for Oxford United are automatically loaded on to the digital/QPR Pay Season Cards barcode/QR Code.

The app is still under development and your season ticket would have only shown when on the trial. Until the App is officially launched, for digital please add your season tickets to your Apple/Google Wallet for stadium entry.
Auto cup tie tickets on 17:43 - Aug 23 with 1456 viewslondonscottish

Auto cup tie tickets on 10:51 - Aug 20 by CroydonCaptJack

I just put this on the other thread but in case it is not seen please see reply from the Box Office

As you have purchased your own seats, your tickets for Oxford United are automatically loaded on to the digital/QPR Pay Season Cards barcode/QR Code.

The app is still under development and your season ticket would have only shown when on the trial. Until the App is officially launched, for digital please add your season tickets to your Apple/Google Wallet for stadium entry.

My Oxford ticket suddenly showed up in the "My Tickets" part of the QPR App under "Active Tickets".

Happy days, the club have finally got everything working, just in time for the 2ns round exit.

Auto cup tie tickets on 19:13 - Aug 23 with 1389 viewsWatfordR

Auto cup tie tickets on 17:43 - Aug 23 by londonscottish

My Oxford ticket suddenly showed up in the "My Tickets" part of the QPR App under "Active Tickets".

Happy days, the club have finally got everything working, just in time for the 2ns round exit.

So, like you, when I go into the app, I have an active ticket in "My Tickets".

When I sign into the website, and go into "Tickets", I can't find any suggestion anywhere that I have a ticket for the game.

I haven't been charged for a ticket as yet, although I pay by monthly DD, so maybe it will be added to my next payment.

Do I actually have a ticket for tomorrow night or not?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024