Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safe standing trials 14:03 - Nov 8 with 726 viewsbuilthjack

Starts on January 2nd.
5 clubs are starting the trial.
Chelsea. Man Utd. Man City. Spurs. and...... Cardiff.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Safe standing trials on 14:12 - Nov 8 with 715 viewsKeithHaynes

Slightly confusing this, surely the few who go to Cardiff wouldn’t benefit from standing on the concourse, they wouldn’t (🧐) see the game ? Or is that the point ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Safe standing trials on 14:38 - Nov 8 with 695 viewsVincent_Vega

In all seriousness its a good ground to do the trial, huge ground with low attendances and of course... a massive concourse. No chance of any dark shenanigans or the HSE getting a cold sweat.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Safe standing trials on 15:06 - Nov 8 with 660 viewsjasper_T

Trial started with Shrewsbury Town. Been a success there. Not sure the Cardiff City Stadium is any better a stress test given their attendances.

[Post edited 8 Nov 2021 15:07]
Safe standing trials on 15:16 - Nov 8 with 645 viewsbuilthjack

Safe standing trials on 14:12 - Nov 8 by KeithHaynes

Slightly confusing this, surely the few who go to Cardiff wouldn’t benefit from standing on the concourse, they wouldn’t (🧐) see the game ? Or is that the point ?

My mate has just told me that it's the away corner at Cardiff that is being done. He thinks!

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Safe standing trials on 15:51 - Nov 8 with 623 viewsKeithHaynes

Safe standing trials on 15:16 - Nov 8 by builthjack

My mate has just told me that it's the away corner at Cardiff that is being done. He thinks!

Sure I saw a picture somewhere.

Safe standing trials on 16:25 - Nov 8 with 599 viewsReslovenSwan1

Safe standing is always successful in trials. Things go wrong when a series of negative event happen at once. Fans without tickets, poor stewarding, failure of the ticketing system, police staff shortages, players entering the crowd away fans attacking the crowd. etc.

One problem is fans without tickets getting into the ground. This happened at Wembley 5 months ago.

Have they simulated what happens when a safe standing area is attacked by 200 away fan hooligans?

Wise sage since Toshack era

Safe standing trials on 16:39 - Nov 8 with 589 viewsBoundy

Safe standing trials on 16:25 - Nov 8 by ReslovenSwan1

Safe standing is always successful in trials. Things go wrong when a series of negative event happen at once. Fans without tickets, poor stewarding, failure of the ticketing system, police staff shortages, players entering the crowd away fans attacking the crowd. etc.

One problem is fans without tickets getting into the ground. This happened at Wembley 5 months ago.

Have they simulated what happens when a safe standing area is attacked by 200 away fan hooligans?

Safe standing is always successful in trials. Things go wrong when a series of negative event happen at once. Fans without tickets, poor stewarding, failure of the ticketing system, police staff shortages, players entering the crowd away fans attacking the crowd. etc. That would apply to seating as well as standing

One problem is fans without tickets getting into the ground. This happened at Wembley 5 months ago. Not sure that can relate to this

Wouldn't the same apply to current seating areas as well ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Safe standing trials on 17:24 - Nov 8 with 572 viewsReslovenSwan1

Safe standing trials on 16:39 - Nov 8 by Boundy

Safe standing is always successful in trials. Things go wrong when a series of negative event happen at once. Fans without tickets, poor stewarding, failure of the ticketing system, police staff shortages, players entering the crowd away fans attacking the crowd. etc. That would apply to seating as well as standing

One problem is fans without tickets getting into the ground. This happened at Wembley 5 months ago. Not sure that can relate to this

I am just asking if trials include fans being attacked by other fans and being crushed while fleeing. Does it allow for fans breaking into the ground without tickets as seen recently at Wembley. Seating at Wembley was unconfined.

Safe standing as I understand it involves some form of confinement.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2021 18:19]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Safe standing trials on 17:57 - Nov 8 with 552 viewsChief

Safe standing trials on 17:24 - Nov 8 by ReslovenSwan1

I am just asking if trials include fans being attacked by other fans and being crushed while fleeing. Does it allow for fans breaking into the ground without tickets as seen recently at Wembley. Seating at Wembley was unconfined.

Safe standing as I understand it involves some form of confinement.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2021 18:19]

You're more likely to get crushed with seats and people sitting down in the area.

The problem of fans jumping turnstiles which is a 1 in 30 year event I doubt come into the thoughts at all. And that's a problem that needs to be remedied at Wembley whether safe standing occurs or not. A red herring.

Confinement I'd have thought is the last thing you'd want if 200 hooligan's are running towards you.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Safe standing trials on 18:15 - Nov 8 with 545 viewsKeithHaynes

Safe standing trials on 16:39 - Nov 8 by Boundy

Won’t be a problem in Cardiff.

Safe standing trials on 20:03 - Nov 8 with 486 viewsbennytheblue

Safe standing trials on 18:15 - Nov 8 by KeithHaynes

Won’t be a problem in Cardiff.

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?450870-Safe-Standing-Areas
Safe standing trials on 23:08 - Nov 8 with 431 viewsKilkennyjack

Cardiff will need to use the away end to trial it.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024