Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Merthyr Town …. 22:17 - Jan 9 with 1687 viewsKilkennyjack

…. second from bottom of their league, whats the point ?

Shirley better off in the Cymru Prem, if good enough.

With the money they have, you would think they could have regular European nights instead of playing away to Swindon Supermarine on a wet Tuesday night.

Beware of the Risen People

Merthyr Town …. on 22:21 - Jan 9 with 1677 viewsChief

Yea looked at their position the other day.

They've only really got I think one more fairly national League to get relegated into (some sort of 'Southern' league), beyond which it goes very regional. So surely that would mean curtains for them in the English pyramid. Can't see the Bristol area feeder leagues letting them join for example.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Merthyr Town …. on 22:25 - Jan 9 with 1668 viewsbuilthjack

They would have better crowds in the Welsh Premier. Probably prosper as a club, and get into Europe regularly.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Merthyr Town …. on 22:32 - Jan 9 with 1663 viewsKilkennyjack

Merthyr Town …. on 22:25 - Jan 9 by builthjack

They would have better crowds in the Welsh Premier. Probably prosper as a club, and get into Europe regularly.

Yes, thats what i thought.

Be good for the Cymru Premiership as well.
Although i thought the same with Bangor City and Colwyn Bay.
At least Barry Town United have been good enough to stay there.

Jazz, Shaun Macca, Dai Edwards, Steve Evans, and Dai Cotts all playing in the Cymru Prem now, and sure to be others with good professional backgrounds.

Be good to see Llanelli, Carmarthen back up there.

Talk is a move to summer football.

Merthyr Town …. on 22:36 - Jan 9 with 1648 viewsChief

Merthyr Town …. on 22:32 - Jan 9 by Kilkennyjack

Jazz, Shaun Macca, Dai Edwards, Steve Evans, and Dai Cotts all playing in the Cymru Prem now, and sure to be others with good professional backgrounds.

Neal Eardley as well

Merthyr Town …. on 22:37 - Jan 9 with 1648 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Merthyr Town …. on 22:32 - Jan 9 by Kilkennyjack

Merthyr FC can play in any league they wish too.

Why drop down to the abysmal standard of the Welsh Noddy league.

We live in a democracy in the UK and fortunately there is little Drakeford can do to make a mess in England just as he has in Wales.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Merthyr Town …. on 22:42 - Jan 9 with 1634 viewsChief

Merthyr Town …. on 22:37 - Jan 9 by felixstowe_jack

We live in a democracy in the UK and fortunately there is little Drakeford can do to make a mess in England just as he has in Wales.

The Welsh Premier league is probably of a better standard that their current division.

Merthyr Town …. on 22:43 - Jan 9 with 1631 viewsbuilthjack

Don't spoil a decent thread.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Merthyr Town …. on 22:51 - Jan 9 with 1616 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Merthyr Town …. on 22:42 - Jan 9 by Chief

The Welsh Premier league is probably of a better standard that their current division.

Maybe an equal standard but Merthyr if they have any ambition can go higher in the English pyramid than the glass ceiling that exist In Welsh football.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

Merthyr Town …. on 22:52 - Jan 9 with 1610 viewsThrasher6

Good point about spoiling a decent thread....Merthyr are an interesting one...and making the step back...or forwards.. to The Welsh Prem is a real debating point. Great club....knew and played against a lot of their players over the years, as will a lot on here...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Merthyr Town …. on 22:54 - Jan 9 with 1608 viewsChief

Merthyr Town …. on 22:51 - Jan 9 by felixstowe_jack

Maybe an equal standard but Merthyr if they have any ambition can go higher in the English pyramid than the glass ceiling that exist In Welsh football.

No, Merthyr would struggle in the Welsh Prem, saved by the odd crisis club from relegation maybe.

If they had any ambition.

Realism however (which is facing relegation to 1 level above parks football) trump's ambition.

That scummer filmmaker got involved now, so who knows.

Merthyr Town …. on 22:58 - Jan 9 with 1594 viewsReslovenSwan1

There will be a core of die hards aggressively against a move to the Welsh leagues. However one by one they have relented except Newport County who managed to get back into the 4th level. Barry, then Bangor were first followed by Rhyl and more recently Colwyn Bay.

Colwyn Bay had Scoucers and Mancs playing a for them against Scouce and Manc teams. Pretty pointless if you ask me.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Merthyr Town …. on 23:00 - Jan 9 with 1593 viewsbuilthjack

I have watched Hereford quite a few times this season as a friends Son is playing for them. I have also watched Newtown regularly as a family member plays there.
The Cymru Premier is at present a far higher standard than the National South.
Merthyr play a good few divisions below National South.

Merthyr Town …. on 23:01 - Jan 9 with 1589 viewspencoedjack

Merthyr Town …. on 22:52 - Jan 9 by Thrasher6

Good point about spoiling a decent thread....Merthyr are an interesting one...and making the step back...or forwards.. to The Welsh Prem is a real debating point. Great club....knew and played against a lot of their players over the years, as will a lot on here...

Bryntirion a small shite hole in Bridgend are currently sat 4th in the Welsh league, I’d imagine the Bristol amateur league is a better standard than the Welsh league.
Merthyr Town …. on 23:06 - Jan 9 with 1583 viewsChief

Merthyr Town …. on 23:01 - Jan 9 by pencoedjack

Bryntirion a small shite hole in Bridgend are currently sat 4th in the Welsh league, I’d imagine the Bristol amateur league is a better standard than the Welsh league.

I know you're being deliberately biased against all things Welsh and would rather the whole country be dissolved.

But can you honestly see Sean McDonald signing for a Bristol parks team? Or Jack Evans?

Don't let bias cloud reality.

Merthyr Town …. on 23:34 - Jan 9 with 1557 viewsKilkennyjack

All your views are all at least 20 years out of date.

Nothing Cymru does is any good for you, is it ?
Vaccines, science based covid rules, labour led senedd, welsh language equality - and now the Cymru Premiership.
You must have had a big welsh lad give your girlfriend one back in the day. Made you feel inadequate i guess ?
Nothing else would explain your irrational hatred of all things welsh.

You have nothing to contribute this thread, the standard of players now playing in the Cymru Prem speaks for itself.

Its getting better and better and Merthyr would gain hugely from being part of it.
Up to them of course.
They will never again be a football league side, but they could play regularly in Europe.
They already have a plastic pitch like most of the Cymru Prem.

Go support Felixstowe fc and give us all a fecking break. 🤡

Merthyr Town …. on 23:41 - Jan 9 with 1549 viewsKilkennyjack

Merthyr Town …. on 23:01 - Jan 9 by pencoedjack

You should imagine that Penybont pulls players from across south Wales, of course…. Cos they do.

Ex-bluebirds, ex-swans and ex-newport players.

If you thought that all the penybont players come from Bryntirion, then you are duller than we all thought you were.

And - dont be a div.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2022 23:52]

Merthyr Town …. on 23:53 - Jan 9 with 1525 viewsKilkennyjack

Merthyr Town …. on 23:00 - Jan 9 by builthjack

I have watched Hereford quite a few times this season as a friends Son is playing for them. I have also watched Newtown regularly as a family member plays there.
The Cymru Premier is at present a far higher standard than the National South.
Merthyr play a good few divisions below National South.

Spot on.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024