Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another One Gone 18:37 - May 5 with 9611 viewsscarrow

Hartlepool sack Lee after 5 months!

https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/2022/may/club-statement--graeme-lee/
[Post edited 5 May 2022 18:41]

Poll: Final position

Another One Gone on 00:53 - May 6 with 6795 viewsSandyman

Happens all over football. Take note Mr Stockdale - make the best of the patience you have generously been given here. Patience you would not have had elsewhere. You won't find a better opportunity to progress in your managerial ambitions than here.

Mess it up you'll be gone by Xmas. Make it work you have career options - a Dale promotion always looks good on a football manager's CV.
Another One Gone on 10:35 - May 6 with 6490 viewsfermin

Raj SIngh was the guy in charge at Darlo when they went into final administration if I remember correctly. Darlington is another fan group whose united efforts are in stark contrast to the factions at Bury.

Also, I note that Hartlepool have average attendances of 5,200 according to the article. That is pretty impressive for a club that is historically very similar to us. I wonder how they do it.
Another One Gone on 10:42 - May 6 with 6473 viewsHebdale

Another One Gone on 10:35 - May 6 by fermin

Raj SIngh was the guy in charge at Darlo when they went into final administration if I remember correctly. Darlington is another fan group whose united efforts are in stark contrast to the factions at Bury.

Also, I note that Hartlepool have average attendances of 5,200 according to the article. That is pretty impressive for a club that is historically very similar to us. I wonder how they do it.

Not really anything else to do in Hartlepool!!
The football club also comes 15th in "things to do in Hartlepool" on trip advisor
[Post edited 6 May 2022 10:46]
Another One Gone on 10:43 - May 6 with 6472 viewsBigKindo

Another One Gone on 10:35 - May 6 by fermin

It appears that he may have called in via Gateshead on his way to the Monkey Hangers.

https://www.nesportnews.co.uk/former-darlington-chief-heads-to-gateshead/
Another One Gone on 14:02 - May 6 with 6226 viewsEllDale

Apparently the bookies have a certain Robbie Stockdale amongst the early favourites.
Is that purely a geographical shot in the dark or is there something in it?
Another One Gone on 14:21 - May 6 with 6180 viewsSuddenLad

Silly season starts. At a time when the club is seeking to sell season tickets and build for next season, it would be a disaster to lose the manager who is in the process of building a team with the players he has selected.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Another One Gone on 14:21 - May 6 with 6176 viewsD_Alien

Another One Gone on 14:02 - May 6 by EllDale

Apparently the bookies have a certain Robbie Stockdale amongst the early favourites.

Whilst fully behind Stockdale, it'd be as well for the board to draw up a list of potential candidates, so we don't find ourselves in the same situation as last close season with a late managerial appointment (albeit in different circumstances)

None of this needs to be more than precautionary

[Post edited 6 May 2022 14:43]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Another One Gone on 15:22 - May 6 with 6042 viewsMass_Debater

Another One Gone on 14:02 - May 6 by EllDale

You read too much guff on Twitter.
Login to get fewer ads

Another One Gone on 15:25 - May 6 with 6027 viewsSandyDrum

Another One Gone on 15:22 - May 6 by Mass_Debater

He's literally favourite for the job at evens....

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/teams/hartlepool-united

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Another One Gone on 15:26 - May 6 with 6023 viewsEllDale

That's probably right. My wife says pretty much the same thing!
Another One Gone on 15:34 - May 6 with 5968 viewsMass_Debater

Another One Gone on 15:25 - May 6 by SandyDrum

He's literally favourite for the job at evens....

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/teams/hartlepool-united

Based on a few bets and the fact he's from down the road.
Another One Gone on 15:37 - May 6 with 5963 viewskel

Another One Gone on 15:22 - May 6 by Mass_Debater

And god help anyone who has a different opinion to our Twitter brigade. They’ve already started with me for alluding the bookies aren’t always correct.
Another One Gone on 15:38 - May 6 with 5960 viewsJames1980

I'd like Stockdale to be given a chance next season. But it appears there are some whose minds are made up. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if he went to Hartlepool and Dale brought in a new manager everyone will get behind. Not entirely sure who that would be though.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Another One Gone on 16:04 - May 6 with 5887 viewsZac_B

Another One Gone on 15:37 - May 6 by kel

And god help anyone who has a different opinion to our Twitter brigade. They’ve already started with me for alluding the bookies aren’t always correct.

I got "inside info" that Beech was going to be made manager ten years ago, so stuck £50 on at 3/1 with Skybet. They instantly changed my odds to evens and then his odds were 1/4 after my one bet was placed.

And I of course lost that money! Ha ha.
Another One Gone on 16:16 - May 6 with 5846 viewsDaleiLama

Another One Gone on 15:38 - May 6 by James1980

I'd like Stockdale to be given a chance next season. But it appears there are some whose minds are made up. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if he went to Hartlepool and Dale brought in a new manager everyone will get behind. Not entirely sure who that would be though.

There are 3 problems with RS for me. The first is he is an unknown quantity at No. 1 (although he has bags of experience behind the scenes). The second is we had to plumb the depths of L2 to find some of our mettle and fighting spirit. The third is our away form.

On the other side of the ledger, he did get us out of the brown stuff before it was too late, he was hampered by inheriting a relegation side then lost even more players and we've been plagued by injuries. He also seems to have the right mentality and humility to fit in at RAFC. Our home form (despite the lack of entertainment and our ability to throw games away from winning positions or being level too often) has also been decent.

I admit to having a "Robbie wobble" with about 10 games to go when we seemed to be sliding inexorably towards obscurity. That was based on the whole being less than the sum of it's parts. If he can flip this round in his second season, and with good recruitment, we have a chance to compete in a division which doesn't have that many really good teams. I would also like to see him stay if he wants to, at the very least 'til Xmas, and reassess things then. I think most Dale fans want to see a team which busts a gut every game and leaves everything on the field. If, after the squad has been refreshed and we've spent some incoming monies and we still don't show signs of improvement in endeavour and results, I think the board may be presented with a tough decision to make. I hope we don't get to that.
[Post edited 6 May 2022 16:18]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Another One Gone on 16:35 - May 6 with 5769 viewskel

Another One Gone on 16:04 - May 6 by Zac_B

I got "inside info" that Beech was going to be made manager ten years ago, so stuck £50 on at 3/1 with Skybet. They instantly changed my odds to evens and then his odds were 1/4 after my one bet was placed.

I’ve never quite forgiven Breels for giving me the nod that Sean McAuley was nailed on for the job when FRMSE got it. Stuck a few quid on and his odds fell. Not sure the Twitter massive understand how that works though.
Another One Gone on 17:02 - May 6 with 5705 viewsBrierls

Another One Gone on 16:35 - May 6 by kel

I’ve never quite forgiven Breels for giving me the nod that Sean McAuley was nailed on for the job when FRMSE got it. Stuck a few quid on and his odds fell. Not sure the Twitter massive understand how that works though.

I can’t be blamed for an outstanding candidate like Steve Eyre applying for the job.
Another One Gone on 17:12 - May 6 with 5669 viewsColDale

Another One Gone on 16:04 - May 6 by Zac_B

Always wanted to stick a tenner on Dean Lewington to become the new AFC Wimbledon manager when that market was available. Would have been chucking a tenner away, but always fancied viewing the fall out from afar know that a single bet would probably make him amongst the favourites.
Another One Gone on 17:55 - May 6 with 5535 viewsAtThePeake

Another One Gone on 14:21 - May 6 by SuddenLad

Silly season starts. At a time when the club is seeking to sell season tickets and build for next season, it would be a disaster to lose the manager who is in the process of building a team with the players he has selected.

While I see your point about building for next season, disaster is pushing it a bit.

We've had one below-par season under him (off-field difficulties or not) and there are large sections of the fanbase that haven't exactly warmed to him. To suggest losing Stockdale would impact season ticket sales is nonsensical IMO. Is there a single Dale fan out there who would buy a season ticket for next season right now but wouldn't if Stockdale decided to leave?

What's more, for it to happen this early would still give a new manager plenty of time to build their own squad.

I can't see there being any truth to this FWIW - because why would Hartlepool possibly want to pay compensation for a manager who has just finished below them with a worse PPG and Win Percentage than the manager they've just sacked?

Tangled up in blue.

Another One Gone on 18:28 - May 6 with 5425 viewselectricblue

I think RS will stay and continue building the squad for next season.
I think he will sign a new contract aswell somewhere nr the new year....

But hey what do i know......
Zilch.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Another One Gone on 19:05 - May 6 with 5335 viewsSuddenLad

Another One Gone on 17:55 - May 6 by AtThePeake

While I see your point about building for next season, disaster is pushing it a bit.

We've had one below-par season under him (off-field difficulties or not) and there are large sections of the fanbase that haven't exactly warmed to him. To suggest losing Stockdale would impact season ticket sales is nonsensical IMO. Is there a single Dale fan out there who would buy a season ticket for next season right now but wouldn't if Stockdale decided to leave?

What's more, for it to happen this early would still give a new manager plenty of time to build their own squad.

I can't see there being any truth to this FWIW - because why would Hartlepool possibly want to pay compensation for a manager who has just finished below them with a worse PPG and Win Percentage than the manager they've just sacked?

Perhaps 'PR' disaster would be a better description.

Almost all the comments we hear from the Chairman/Board, are styled around the fact that THIS manager has been given a 'competitive budget' to carry on building HIS team for next season, to add to those targeted signings he made in January (Campbell/Charman).

We have barely seen Campbell due to injury and Charman is now beginning to show signs of finding the net.

No doubt the manager has identified his targets and preliminary enquiries begun.

Losing him now, would not be the message the club would want to send, at a time when supporters are being asked to invest in the current plans with the current manager in charge.

RS will already know his retained list/released list and for him to leave now and leave someone else to make those critical decisions would be counter productive for the club as we enter the closed season.

A plan is in place, and has been for some time. Let's see it come to fruition.If there is no clear and obvious improvement by Christmas, reassess, but not now.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Another One Gone on 19:09 - May 6 with 5320 viewsD_Alien

The ripple effect of being in the frame for the job might have unforeseen consequences

Robbie wouldn't be human if the thought didn't drift through his mind, "what if"

What if he were able to live and work closer to his roots? What if he were offered the job, with a two year contract, instead of having Dale fans giving him six months to make or break his career as a manager?

Against this, being given the opportunity at Dale and the patience afforded him as he made his mistakes having taken on something of a poisoned chalice might also be in his mind

Either way, loyalty to Dale should never be mentioned by anyone with any sense. It's a job, a career. If he can take Dale forward next season having established a baseline, his stock will rise well beyond Dale

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Another One Gone on 20:20 - May 6 with 5135 viewsTVOS1907

Another One Gone on 15:37 - May 6 by kel

I notice that Sutton clown has stuck his two pennorth in as well.

And I don't mean Dave.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Another One Gone on 23:41 - May 6 with 4812 viewsBrierls

I have no idea why Hartlepool would look to appoint Stockdale, but I don’t think Dale will stand in his way if an approach is made.

It makes sense for Stockdale; closer to home and he’d probably sign a two year deal. That is more security than he currently has and he’s not daft, he’ll know the pressure is on to seriously improve results or face the sack in December/January.

It makes sense for Dale; performances and results last season, admittedly after a very challenging close season, were not good enough. The board will be keen to demonstrate they give managers a chance, but behind the scenes they’ll be considering if/when they need to make a change. An approach for Stockdale would be an easy decision I think.

I like Stockdale, I want it to work, but the evidence suggests we got worse at the season went on not better. If there is anything in this rumour and it’s his choice to stay, he needs to start next season well. If he does go, it needs to happen quickly to allow a new man to bring his own players in.
Another One Gone on 11:39 - May 7 with 4418 viewsboromat

Another One Gone on 23:41 - May 6 by Brierls

I have no idea why Hartlepool would look to appoint Stockdale, but I don’t think Dale will stand in his way if an approach is made.

It makes sense for Stockdale; closer to home and he’d probably sign a two year deal. That is more security than he currently has and he’s not daft, he’ll know the pressure is on to seriously improve results or face the sack in December/January.

It makes sense for Dale; performances and results last season, admittedly after a very challenging close season, were not good enough. The board will be keen to demonstrate they give managers a chance, but behind the scenes they’ll be considering if/when they need to make a change. An approach for Stockdale would be an easy decision I think.

I like Stockdale, I want it to work, but the evidence suggests we got worse at the season went on not better. If there is anything in this rumour and it’s his choice to stay, he needs to start next season well. If he does go, it needs to happen quickly to allow a new man to bring his own players in.

Not sure it does make sense for Dale.

I'm not a fan of a director of football but having one does mean in theory you can change manager more often without as much disruption to the evolving squad.

We don't have one. RS rushed a squad together last summer, we're told under some restrictions as well. He's started the proper rebuild in January and has a seasons worth of understanding about the players and what needs to change.

If RS was to leave now I think we'd be taking a step back and could be left with another rushed squad for the season to come. At this stage I'd much prefer having RS building a squad fulfilling his plan and seeing what he can deliver next season. My expectations with a new manager would be lower.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024