Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ 08:00 - Aug 19 with 2058 viewsSwansIndependent

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a … 19th Aug 2022 08:00
Despite leaving the swans and believing it was to be to Crystal Palace Flynn Downes couldn’t be thankful enough to Swansea City for the year he spent at the club. Coming on as a substitute for West Ham last night Flynn was happy to stay at Swansea, it wasn’t in his plans to leave. 1

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 08:26 - Aug 19 with 1969 viewsonehunglow

Footballers are often brainless and shallow.

London is the biggest Shouse of all but they flock there because of the limelight and the fact we are so Londoncentric.

London is the last place to bring up a family IMO.

All industrial powerhouses are ugly.It's what made them great in the first place and Swansea was right up there as great

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 09:52 - Aug 19 with 1841 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 09:53 - Aug 19 with 1828 viewsonehunglow

Footballers are often hypocritical ,shallow cretins that having made the big time,can't wait to get the country pile.
Football started off in Sholes not Bath,Bury St Edmunds or even Brighton.

Players still willingly go to Manchester to play,arguably one of the most ugly cities with mega Sholes.

Their ignorance and contempt is palpable.

For Swansea,see Sheffield,Middlesborough,Hull,Newcastle ,Leeds and many more

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 09:55 - Aug 19 with 1836 viewsWhiterockin

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 08:26 - Aug 19 by onehunglow

Footballers are often brainless and shallow.

London is the biggest Shouse of all but they flock there because of the limelight and the fact we are so Londoncentric.

London is the last place to bring up a family IMO.

All industrial powerhouses are ugly.It's what made them great in the first place and Swansea was right up there as great

Did you read the article or just the headline?
Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 09:57 - Aug 19 with 1818 viewsonehunglow

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 09:55 - Aug 19 by Whiterockin

Did you read the article or just the headline?

Yep,I managed to read it all including Flynn's observations.

I stand by every word.

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 10:03 - Aug 19 with 1813 viewsCatullus

I get OHL's point. Flynn was told Swansea was a sh*tehole but its not. Ok the city centre is but there is a lot of Swansea that is very nice. We have the Gower behind us and the sea in front, when the weather is good there is hardly a better place in the UK. Specially if you are OK financially.

I do like to travel, see other places and meet and learn about other cultures but it's always nice to come home, even if that home is just outside Swansea now!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 10:06 - Aug 19 with 1806 viewsWhiterockin

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 09:57 - Aug 19 by onehunglow

Yep,I managed to read it all including Flynn's observations.

I stand by every word.

Fair enough.

IMO Downes is an exceptional player who gave us 100%. The club wanted to sell and he went to his favourite boyhood club, with us making a large profit. He has nothing but good things to say about Swansea the club and its fans. Good luck to the lad.
Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 10:10 - Aug 19 with 1783 viewsonehunglow

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 10:03 - Aug 19 by Catullus

I get OHL's point. Flynn was told Swansea was a sh*tehole but its not. Ok the city centre is but there is a lot of Swansea that is very nice. We have the Gower behind us and the sea in front, when the weather is good there is hardly a better place in the UK. Specially if you are OK financially.

I do like to travel, see other places and meet and learn about other cultures but it's always nice to come home, even if that home is just outside Swansea now!

Its the same shallow garbage the likes of Middlesborough gets.A former industrial giant,now emasculated but situated near the North York Moors and the Cheviots and a shoreline of industrial heritage.
Sadly,may London lads never seem to get their heads out of London and everywhere west or north is a Shole.

Worst places I been...Bermondsey/Rotherhithe,Hackney/Stoke Newington/Tottenham/Thornton Heath,all S holes without parallel and nowhere at all near for relief.

Login to get fewer ads

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 10:53 - Aug 19 with 1697 viewsKeithHaynes

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 09:52 - Aug 19 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 11:57 - Aug 19 with 1605 viewspencoedjack

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 10:03 - Aug 19 by Catullus

I cant imagine footballers venturing into a city centre often whilst they are at a club (maybe for a odd night out).

Id imagine the players live around the Mumbles area (correct me if I a wrong) what a place to live & play football.

Give me a beautiful sea view to wake up too over some sprawling city centre any day.

As for Downes I wish him all the best for the future wherever that maybe, done a great job for us & made us a healthy profit which for a club like ours is a must these days.
Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 12:02 - Aug 19 with 1585 viewsonehunglow

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 11:57 - Aug 19 by pencoedjack

I cant imagine footballers venturing into a city centre often whilst they are at a club (maybe for a odd night out).

Id imagine the players live around the Mumbles area (correct me if I a wrong) what a place to live & play football.

Give me a beautiful sea view to wake up too over some sprawling city centre any day.

As for Downes I wish him all the best for the future wherever that maybe, done a great job for us & made us a healthy profit which for a club like ours is a must these days.

But with respect you are not like most footballers who love chucking their undeserved megadosh around to those who are in awe of their buying power.
It’s why many Liverpool footballers have an apartment in the Albert Dock ,near to the clubs to impress .

It’s all very shallow.

Can’t see many footballers being interest in aesthetic matters like views of a bay like Swansea.

They are only passing through anyway

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 12:23 - Aug 19 with 1550 viewspencoedjack

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 12:02 - Aug 19 by onehunglow

But with respect you are not like most footballers who love chucking their undeserved megadosh around to those who are in awe of their buying power.
It’s why many Liverpool footballers have an apartment in the Albert Dock ,near to the clubs to impress .

It’s all very shallow.

Can’t see many footballers being interest in aesthetic matters like views of a bay like Swansea.

I am sure you know footballers do not live in Liverpool city centre with the majority living in the posh areas of Alderley Edge, Prestbury, and Wilmslow.

Give me Swansea over Liverpool any day of the week.
Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 13:11 - Aug 19 with 1465 viewsonehunglow

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 12:23 - Aug 19 by pencoedjack

I am sure you know footballers do not live in Liverpool city centre with the majority living in the posh areas of Alderley Edge, Prestbury, and Wilmslow.

Those areas primarily are the ones Manchester based players head for.
Liverpool players HAVE apartments in the City and one former one has the whole top floor suite of a Block that overlooks the river.

Woolton in Liverpool has had many over the tears as residents ,as has West Derby and Allerton

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 13:44 - Aug 19 with 1416 viewsWhiterockin

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 13:11 - Aug 19 by onehunglow

Those areas primarily are the ones Manchester based players head for.
Liverpool players HAVE apartments in the City and one former one has the whole top floor suite of a Block that overlooks the river.

Woolton in Liverpool has had many over the tears as residents ,as has West Derby and Allerton

Players tend to live within easy travel to their training ground, that is after all their place of work not the match day stadium. With Swansea players its Bishopston, Mumbles, Three Crosses and Killay.
Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 14:20 - Aug 19 with 1373 viewsPawelAbbott

Most players experience of Swansea is the bus journey down the M4, Ynysforgan roundabout, through to the ground, on their team bus.
Not exactly the highlights of the City and surrounds.
Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 18:52 - Aug 19 with 1213 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 09:52 - Aug 19 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Funny enough - when we visited in Swansea in December 2015, I turned on the TV in our room at Morgan's Hotel the 2nd night and THAT episode was on one of the channels. I'd never heard of teh show before, and have never heard anything about it since.

Wasn't sure if we should laugh or take offense.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 18:57 - Aug 19 with 1208 viewsangryjack

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 12:23 - Aug 19 by pencoedjack

Manchester areas,..more Crosby and Formby,the liverpool players tend to reside..
Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 19:29 - Aug 19 with 1171 viewsKilkennyjack

Wrexham getting a similar hearing …. I wonder what those 2 places might have in common …. ?

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Beware of the Risen People

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 19:39 - Aug 19 with 1158 viewsonehunglow

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 18:57 - Aug 19 by angryjack

Manchester areas,..more Crosby and Formby,the liverpool players tend to reside..

I have pointed this out.
I could add Caldy,Willaston and Storeton on Wirral but didnt so as not to attract riff raff.

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 22:48 - Aug 19 with 1058 viewsbonymine

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 12:02 - Aug 19 by onehunglow

It’s all very shallow.

What I can contribute from a personal point of view is that Flynn lived in the same apartment block as my son for the past year and he was always a pleasant, approachable, genuine guy,

Good luck to you Flynn you said it as was top man 👏👏👏

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 09:09 - Aug 20 with 947 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 10:53 - Aug 19 by KeithHaynes

We always seem to get a mention . One of my favorites was on have I got news for you when they were discussing a council who’s sign writers had put a welsh answer phone message on a road marker.

Host “does anyone else know of any mistranslated welsh road signs?”

Paul Merton “ yes - welcome to Swansea”.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 11:18 - Aug 20 with 879 viewssP7qupUf

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 10:10 - Aug 19 by onehunglow

Its the same shallow garbage the likes of Middlesborough gets.A former industrial giant,now emasculated but situated near the North York Moors and the Cheviots and a shoreline of industrial heritage.
Sadly,may London lads never seem to get their heads out of London and everywhere west or north is a Shole.

Worst places I been...Bermondsey/Rotherhithe,Hackney/Stoke Newington/Tottenham/Thornton Heath,all S holes without parallel and nowhere at all near for relief.

You forgot Penge!
Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 11:38 - Aug 20 with 865 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 18:52 - Aug 19 by Tummer_from_Texas

Funny enough - when we visited in Swansea in December 2015, I turned on the TV in our room at Morgan's Hotel the 2nd night and THAT episode was on one of the channels. I'd never heard of teh show before, and have never heard anything about it since.

Wasn't sure if we should laugh or take offense.

The inbetweeners was very popular here. It won plenty of awards and they made two films out of it that did quite well. Not sure it would translate well for an American audience. Very smutty and childish humour. They did try an American version of it but it was canned almost instantly.

In any case you should definitely laugh.

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 11:45 - Aug 20 with 862 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Flynn Downes : ‘Don’t go to Swansea, It’s a S***hole’ on 09:09 - Aug 20 by Brynmill_Jack

We always seem to get a mention . One of my favorites was on have I got news for you when they were discussing a council who’s sign writers had put a welsh answer phone message on a road marker.

Host “does anyone else know of any mistranslated welsh road signs?”

Paul Merton “ yes - welcome to Swansea”.

Merton always makes jokes about Swansea and how rough it is but it’s likely done out of affection and probably to wind up Ian Hislop who was born here. He got his big break performing in Swansea and always speaks highly of us.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024