Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice 17:04 - Mar 1 with 2661 viewstheloneranger

"In Hancock’s WhatsApp exchange with Whitty, the health secretary reportedly described the chief medical officer’s advice as “obviously a good positive step”, but he later responded to an aide: “Tell me if I’m wrong but I would rather leave it out and just commit to test & isolate ALL going into care from hospital. I do not think the community commitment adds anything and it muddies the waters.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/mar/01/matt-hancock-rejected-covid-tes

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 11:19 - Mar 5 with 646 viewsTummer_from_Texas

As an American, I'd never heard of this guy Hancock before this bombshell from the Telegraph.

Wow. No surprise he's suddenly turned of any replies on his Twitter account.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 13:29 - Mar 5 with 576 viewscontroversial_jack

He probably wanted ppl scared so they would comply and follow the safety instructions. Good for him if he did, it probably saved many lives
Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 14:15 - Mar 5 with 564 viewshobo

You only had to look at this forum at the time to see the number of people taken in by their fear mongering. Absolutely shocking critical thinking on show by so many, normally intelligent people.
Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 19:12 - Mar 5 with 541 viewsSullutaCreturned

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 14:15 - Mar 5 by hobo

You only had to look at this forum at the time to see the number of people taken in by their fear mongering. Absolutely shocking critical thinking on show by so many, normally intelligent people.

The thing about critical thinking is, you need to have all the facts and we only had the facts the politicians wanted us to have. Soem things were blatantly stupid, like the lockdown in Wales where some parts of supermarkets were shut down to be "fair" and the list of what was deemed essential made no sense, and closing down parks when we were supposed to be keeping our social distance. Obviously stupid.

When it came to the medical facts though, there were and still are a lot of people who decided they knew better despite only having a small amount of the real information about the virus. Thats not critical thinking, that's stupidity. The fact that our government was lying to us is a seperate issue.
Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 20:12 - Mar 5 with 534 viewsBoundy

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 13:29 - Mar 5 by controversial_jack

He probably wanted ppl scared so they would comply and follow the safety instructions. Good for him if he did, it probably saved many lives

Really ,that was a good thing ? Risking civil unrest which could have occurred would have saved lives doesn't sound to me a way of getting the population compliant

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 20:19 - Mar 5 with 526 viewsScotia

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 14:15 - Mar 5 by hobo

Fear mongering?

This was a newly discovered highly transmissible variant at a time before people were vaccinated and people had grown tired of the rules. He only told the truth.

I don't see a massive amount wrong with anything he has said in these messages.
Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 23:34 - Mar 5 with 492 viewscontroversial_jack

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 20:12 - Mar 5 by Boundy

Really ,that was a good thing ? Risking civil unrest which could have occurred would have saved lives doesn't sound to me a way of getting the population compliant

There wasn't civil unrest. Some arseholes protested because they couldn't follow basic safety instructions, but that was it.
Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 07:36 - Mar 6 with 475 viewsBoundy

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 20:19 - Mar 5 by Scotia

Fear mongering?

This was a newly discovered highly transmissible variant at a time before people were vaccinated and people had grown tired of the rules. He only told the truth.

I don't see a massive amount wrong with anything he has said in these messages.

Really ?
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/matt-hancock-wanted-frighten-pants-26

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 10:18 - Mar 6 with 442 viewsScotia

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 07:36 - Mar 6 by Boundy

Really ?
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/matt-hancock-wanted-frighten-pants-26

Yes I think so.

He'd just become aware of a new covid variant that was as dangerous as the original variant but was much more transmissible. People hadn't been vaccinated, we weren't in lockdown and we were heading in to the Xmas and New Year period. He didn't lie about any of that.

It was a dangerous time, we could have been back to square one with the way out of the pandemic (the vaccine) just weeks from being rolled out.
Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 12:16 - Mar 6 with 424 viewsSullutaCreturned

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 10:18 - Mar 6 by Scotia

Yes I think so.

He'd just become aware of a new covid variant that was as dangerous as the original variant but was much more transmissible. People hadn't been vaccinated, we weren't in lockdown and we were heading in to the Xmas and New Year period. He didn't lie about any of that.

It was a dangerous time, we could have been back to square one with the way out of the pandemic (the vaccine) just weeks from being rolled out.

Sorry, Scotia, but when he sent "when do we deploy the new variant" doesn't it show a real cynical and manipulative edge?

It's not sounding like they discovered it and let us know as soon as possible but more like how can we use it to our advantage.

It's all down to perception I guess but that is how I see it, how could they use it to their advantage and I say that with the benefit of hindsight and all the money they threw at their friends. They took the pandemic and used it to their advnatage and we will never fully know how much government members have gained from this.
Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 15:06 - Mar 6 with 403 viewsScotia

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 12:16 - Mar 6 by SullutaCreturned

Sorry, Scotia, but when he sent "when do we deploy the new variant" doesn't it show a real cynical and manipulative edge?

It's not sounding like they discovered it and let us know as soon as possible but more like how can we use it to our advantage.

It's all down to perception I guess but that is how I see it, how could they use it to their advantage and I say that with the benefit of hindsight and all the money they threw at their friends. They took the pandemic and used it to their advnatage and we will never fully know how much government members have gained from this.

I agree Cat. I think the entire narrative regarding lockdown was about manipulation, it had to be otherwise many people wouldn't have understood it and wouldn't have complied. On the whole the public were manipulated but not lied too. If the truth had been told in simple and factual terms it would have gone over most peoples heads, and from a political point of view exposed how badly prepared we were and under-resourced the NHS was.

From memory I believe I posted at the time that Angela Merkel was far better at explaining the situation in simple terms than our PM. But then again I can't think of anyone who would be worse, well perhaps one person from over the pond actually ;)

"Deploying the new variant" is a bad choice of words for hime to use, but we have to remember these are informal messages. I've also noticed on social media that some people have actually taken it to mean that the Alpha variant was "deployed" by the state (including an ex Swans player). I think that may be the case in this thread too.

By far his biggest mistake is giving Isabel Oakshott access to these messages, it's incredibly naive.

The main point I take from them though is that the health secretary at the time of lockdown has given a vocal anti-lockdown campaigner access to 100,000 private messages and (so far) she hasn't managed to share one that so much as hints that lockdowns weren't needed or covid being a hoax.

Oakshott has probably done more damage to her careeer than Hancock has done to his.
Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 22:11 - Mar 6 with 371 viewsSullutaCreturned

Matt Hancock under pressure after claims he ignored care home testing advice on 15:06 - Mar 6 by Scotia

I agree Cat. I think the entire narrative regarding lockdown was about manipulation, it had to be otherwise many people wouldn't have understood it and wouldn't have complied. On the whole the public were manipulated but not lied too. If the truth had been told in simple and factual terms it would have gone over most peoples heads, and from a political point of view exposed how badly prepared we were and under-resourced the NHS was.

From memory I believe I posted at the time that Angela Merkel was far better at explaining the situation in simple terms than our PM. But then again I can't think of anyone who would be worse, well perhaps one person from over the pond actually ;)

"Deploying the new variant" is a bad choice of words for hime to use, but we have to remember these are informal messages. I've also noticed on social media that some people have actually taken it to mean that the Alpha variant was "deployed" by the state (including an ex Swans player). I think that may be the case in this thread too.

By far his biggest mistake is giving Isabel Oakshott access to these messages, it's incredibly naive.

The main point I take from them though is that the health secretary at the time of lockdown has given a vocal anti-lockdown campaigner access to 100,000 private messages and (so far) she hasn't managed to share one that so much as hints that lockdowns weren't needed or covid being a hoax.

Oakshott has probably done more damage to her careeer than Hancock has done to his.

That's the point though, the use of the word deploy. it doesn't sound like the truth is being used to inform us, it sounds like this new variant was being held back as a weapon.

I suppose it doesn't help that I think Hancock is thick as mince and his tv appearnces, choice of words and using Oakshott are largely proof of how dumb he is.

I dont gree that the truth would have gone over most peoples heads, I think the opposite of that has happened, i think the lies, his use of words, I think people are seeing that as ultimate proof that we cannot trust politicians and if this situation comes around again people will remember this and will not obey....he may have done serious harm to trust inwhat is already a highly mistrusted breed, politicians.

You deploy a weapon, you don't ask WHEN are we going to DEPLOY the truth. It's a staggering act of stupidity and while Oakshott may have damaged her career, hancocks career in politics should be over right now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024