Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales International Matches 10:59 - Apr 18 with 1864 viewsVincent_Vega

Just a thought, should they get relegated this season would the CCS no longer be able to host Wales football matches as L1 carries on during international breaks?

I know the Football association of Cardiff would rather have the games at Cardiff Corinthians gaff than the dotcom but like I said food for thought..
[Post edited 18 Apr 2023 10:59]

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Wales International Matches on 11:26 - Apr 18 with 1832 viewsKeithHaynes

I doubt the EFL would allow games to be cancelled for another countries international games so a slight conundrum. They would probably advise Page to pick enough Cardiff players to force a postponement 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Wales International Matches on 11:41 - Apr 18 with 1815 viewsWhiterockin

Wales International Matches on 11:26 - Apr 18 by KeithHaynes

I doubt the EFL would allow games to be cancelled for another countries international games so a slight conundrum. They would probably advise Page to pick enough Cardiff players to force a postponement 😉

Some league one matches were cancelled in the last international break because clubs had more than the required amount of players on international duty. It happened to us in League one
Wales International Matches on 13:06 - Apr 18 with 1732 viewsKeithHaynes

Wales International Matches on 11:41 - Apr 18 by Whiterockin

Some league one matches were cancelled in the last international break because clubs had more than the required amount of players on international duty. It happened to us in League one

Indeed, but I would doubt that the EFL would allow internationals to be scheduled in Cardiff for that reason, I suppose they could say Cardiff play away when the international breaks are on.

Wales International Matches on 14:41 - Apr 18 with 1690 viewsbuilthjack

They would put Cardiff for away games on the dates Wales are at home. No other stadium in Wales, even ours, can accommodate the red wall for a competitive game.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales International Matches on 19:24 - Apr 18 with 1567 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Wales International Matches on 14:41 - Apr 18 by builthjack

They would put Cardiff for away games on the dates Wales are at home. No other stadium in Wales, even ours, can accommodate the red wall for a competitive game.

Except of course the National Stadium.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Wales International Matches on 20:50 - Apr 18 with 1520 viewsKeithHaynes

Wales International Matches on 19:24 - Apr 18 by felixstowe_jack

Except of course the National Stadium.

Time to share it around.

Wales International Matches on 21:26 - Apr 18 with 1478 viewsWhiterockin

Wales International Matches on 20:50 - Apr 18 by KeithHaynes

Time to share it around.

They will give it to Wrexham before us.
Wales International Matches on 21:46 - Apr 18 with 1449 viewsFireboy2

Wales International Matches on 21:26 - Apr 18 by Whiterockin

They will give it to Wrexham before us.

Tbh the gogs deserve it.
Login to get fewer ads

Wales International Matches on 23:14 - Apr 18 with 1401 viewsmajorraglan

I’d agree that Wrexham deserve a few home games, but I can’t see it happening other than for a friendly. Same for Swansea. Wales sell a lot of tournament tickets and it would be impossible to organise the the logistics of moving everyone etc.

Principality Stadium is too big, Swansea.com too small for a lot of the games as is Wrexham. Has to be the CCS.
Wales International Matches on 09:23 - Apr 19 with 1342 viewsjohnlangy

Wales International Matches on 23:14 - Apr 18 by majorraglan

I’d agree that Wrexham deserve a few home games, but I can’t see it happening other than for a friendly. Same for Swansea. Wales sell a lot of tournament tickets and it would be impossible to organise the the logistics of moving everyone etc.

Principality Stadium is too big, Swansea.com too small for a lot of the games as is Wrexham. Has to be the CCS.

This is from memory so please explain where i've got it wrong.

EUFA promote themselves partly by spreading EUFA finals around different countries. The WFA wanted to stage a final in Cardiff but the CCS was too small 30,000 being the minimum capacity required.

So the Cardiff RED extension was built. And EUFA paid for it. That's the bit I struggle with. Did they just contribute toward it ? Did the WFA part fund ? Maybe even Vince put some money toward it.

My point being, wouldn't it be nice if someone else paid for our extension. Then the 'Liberty' WOULD be big enough. But it'll never happen. We know where any money from any source goes. And we'll just have to fund anything we need ourselves.

As usual.
Wales International Matches on 10:24 - Apr 19 with 1323 viewsbuilthjack

Wales International Matches on 09:23 - Apr 19 by johnlangy

EUFA promote themselves partly by spreading EUFA finals around different countries. The WFA wanted to stage a final in Cardiff but the CCS was too small 30,000 being the minimum capacity required.

So the Cardiff RED extension was built. And EUFA paid for it. That's the bit I struggle with. Did they just contribute toward it ? Did the WFA part fund ? Maybe even Vince put some money toward it.

My point being, wouldn't it be nice if someone else paid for our extension. Then the 'Liberty' WOULD be big enough. But it'll never happen. We know where any money from any source goes. And we'll just have to fund anything we need ourselves.

As usual.

We had the opportunity to extend it in the PL days. We failed.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales International Matches on 10:30 - Apr 19 with 1320 viewsjohnlangy

Wales International Matches on 10:24 - Apr 19 by builthjack

We had the opportunity to extend it in the PL days. We failed.

Of course we did. But that was our money. No one else offered their money to fund an extension. As happened with Cardiff.

They were also in the PL for two unfortunate seasons. Did they use their PL money to fund the red build ? They didn't. Some, maybe all was given to them to do it.
Wales International Matches on 11:37 - Apr 19 with 1298 viewswhiterock

Had we spent £20m on the stadium then got relegated the first year in the Premier League, then questions would have been asked, why wasn't it spent on strengthening the squad?
Our stadium plans in 2003/04 was for 25,000, some professor at Cardiff Uni did a feasibility study and said 25,000 would be too big for us, we were in the fourth division at the time but where was the ambition? that extra 5,000 crowd per game would have given us £3m in revenue each season during our PL days. Now £3m isn't much relatively, especially in the PL but would have given us £21m over 7 seasons, two marquee signings during that time or 7 or 8 lesser players.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 11:40]
Wales International Matches on 11:40 - Apr 19 with 1289 viewsWhiterockin

Wales International Matches on 11:37 - Apr 19 by whiterock

Had we spent £20m on the stadium then got relegated the first year in the Premier League, then questions would have been asked, why wasn't it spent on strengthening the squad?
Our stadium plans in 2003/04 was for 25,000, some professor at Cardiff Uni did a feasibility study and said 25,000 would be too big for us, we were in the fourth division at the time but where was the ambition? that extra 5,000 crowd per game would have given us £3m in revenue each season during our PL days. Now £3m isn't much relatively, especially in the PL but would have given us £21m over 7 seasons, two marquee signings during that time or 7 or 8 lesser players.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 11:40]

The feasibility study was based on the last time we were in the top tier and allegedly the people on the gate were masking the true attendance.
Wales International Matches on 12:33 - Apr 19 with 1270 viewsangryjack

Wales International Matches on 11:40 - Apr 19 by Whiterockin

The feasibility study was based on the last time we were in the top tier and allegedly the people on the gate were masking the true attendance.

Times change a lot of top flight attendances in early eighties were low due to hooliganism inemplyment and other factors..crowds have increased everywhere since then..
Wales International Matches on 13:13 - Apr 19 with 1242 viewsWhiterockin

Wales International Matches on 12:33 - Apr 19 by angryjack

Times change a lot of top flight attendances in early eighties were low due to hooliganism inemplyment and other factors..crowds have increased everywhere since then..

This is true but you can understand how the feasibly study came to conclusion it did. Backed up in my opinion by the number of clubs expanding their stadiums including Manchester City.
Wales International Matches on 16:57 - Apr 19 with 1168 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Wales International Matches on 12:33 - Apr 19 by angryjack

The average first division attendance in 1981/82 was 22500 with only 4 clubs getting more than a 30,000 average.

Aston Villa 25000
Arsenal 25000
Everton 24000
Leeds 22000

Swansea were 15th in attendance with 18,202
While Birmingham 17k, wolves 16k, wba 15k, Coventry and Middlesbrough 13k were all lower with bigger stadiums.

The second division average was 18000

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Wales International Matches on 21:24 - Apr 19 with 1123 viewsmajorraglan

As usual.

I thought UEFA may have made a contribution, so having read your post I googled it. As far as I can see, Tan put £35m in to the club which paid for the work, but I may be wrong as it’s come from Wikipedia. Maybe Benny can tell us.
Wales International Matches on 10:12 - Apr 20 with 1068 viewswhiterock

Wales International Matches on 16:57 - Apr 19 by felixstowe_jack

The average first division attendance in 1981/82 was 22500 with only 4 clubs getting more than a 30,000 average.

Aston Villa 25000
Arsenal 25000
Everton 24000
Leeds 22000

Swansea were 15th in attendance with 18,202
While Birmingham 17k, wolves 16k, wba 15k, Coventry and Middlesbrough 13k were all lower with bigger stadiums.

The second division average was 18000

So 25k wouldn't have been inconceivable, I genuinely think he or she came to the conclusion because we were a 4th tier with little or no prospect of reaching the top (again), how wrong were they?
Wales International Matches on 12:16 - Apr 20 with 1037 viewsbuilthjack

As usual.

Vinny paid for the extension, when he was wearing trousers up to his chest he could reach his pockets. His pockets are now by his knees.
Not Uefa or FAW.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 12:16]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024