Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Piroe for Surridge 14:11 - Jul 10 with 7890 viewsKeithHaynes

Decent report from Phil this morning, but even with a decent wad a cash coming our way Surridge is no Piroe.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Piroe for Surridge on 09:19 - Jul 25 with 967 viewsBadlands

What is normal childhood and what is real life?
Luka Modrić was born in Croatia in 1985 and grew up with his grandparents in a village called Modrici. During the Croatian war of independence, Serb rebels executed Modrić’s grandfather and his family was forced to flee their home, which later was burned to the ground.
Camavinga was born in a refugee camp in Cabinda, Angola, in 2002
Born in Kaduna, Nigeria, in 1990, Victor Moses was 11 years old when his parents were killed in their home during an infamous month of religious riots in 2002. Moses was playing football when he learned of their deaths. He hid with friends until he was able to escape to the U.K., where he claimed asylum.
Last summer (2022) he, Sadio Mané, was spotted playing football with friends on a muddy pitch in Bambali, his home village. It was from here Mané forged a football career, running away at the age of 15 to follow his dream. As his star has risen, he’s been giving back.
Extremes, I know, but highlights the question, 'what is normal?' For millions of children around the world fleeing conflict and living in fear and poverty is 'normal'.
If people are stupid enough to pay £millions then why not benefit?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Piroe for Surridge on 10:09 - Jul 30 with 698 viewsBadlands

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/07/30/stiker-now-ready-to-snub-potential-leeds-u
Latest!
Piroe happy to stay with us ago to Italy for free next season

Piroe for Surridge on 10:21 - Jul 30 with 660 viewsmajorraglan

Piroe for Surridge on 10:09 - Jul 30 by Badlands

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/07/30/stiker-now-ready-to-snub-potential-leeds-u
Latest!

That would be a disaster for the club as they wouldn’t get any financial compensation.
Piroe for Surridge on 10:23 - Jul 30 with 652 viewsunion_jack

Piroe for Surridge on 10:09 - Jul 30 by Badlands

Latest!

That’s not fair on the club in my opinion. We gave him a chance, he’s done really well for us but to say I won’t go this season giving the club a healthy transfer fee but go next season and pocket a huge chunk of it myself is a bit naughty.

Flip side? That’s football!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Piroe for Surridge on 10:27 - Jul 30 with 644 viewsBadlands

Piroe for Surridge on 10:23 - Jul 30 by union_jack

That’s not fair on the club in my opinion. We gave him a chance, he’s done really well for us but to say I won’t go this season giving the club a healthy transfer fee but go next season and pocket a huge chunk of it myself is a bit naughty.

I’m wondering (pure speculation here) if he (or agent) thinks the club's high valuation is putting clubs off bidding and has put this out to lower the asking price to get a move this summer?

Piroe for Surridge on 10:28 - Jul 30 with 641 viewsjojaca

Piroe for Surridge on 10:21 - Jul 30 by majorraglan

That would be a disaster for the club as they wouldn’t get any financial compensation.

I would be willing to gamble and let him run his contract down if we have serious Premier League ambition.

Even when you know, you never know?

Piroe for Surridge on 10:36 - Jul 30 with 622 viewsDr_Winston

Piroe for Surridge on 10:28 - Jul 30 by jojaca

I would be willing to gamble and let him run his contract down if we have serious Premier League ambition.

£10m (or whatever we can get) is far too much to gamble with.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Piroe for Surridge on 10:37 - Jul 30 with 619 viewsRichardO

You could think that if he runs his contract down and has a bad injury which meant it took a number of years to get to full match fitness or didn't recover properly, from where would he stand and when and how does insurance cover come into it for him.
Login to get fewer ads

Piroe for Surridge on 10:50 - Jul 30 with 611 viewsRichardO

You could think that if he runs his contract down and has a bad injury which meant it took a number of years to get to full match fitness or didn't recover properly from, where would he stand and when and how does insurance cover come into it for him.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 15:24]
Piroe for Surridge on 11:13 - Jul 30 with 599 viewsSullutaCreturned

Piroe for Surridge on 22:07 - Jul 24 by Fireboy2

They are preying on natural greed though.

I wouldn't say preying on, I'd say relying on.

It's not that these kids haven't experienced "real life" it's more that after a certain while they get used to always asking for more no matter how much they get. They have agenst and sycophnats telling them they are fantastic and wonderful and deserve more and more and more and then we see average players earning 50-60k per week and then others who are great players admittedly, earning over 500k per week. it's crazy, nobody is worth that for kicking a ball.

lets look at Rashford, yes he's very good but I wouldn't put him up there with DeBruyne. Debruyne is a great player, Rashford is very good, in my opinion. Yet marus has been offered and signed a deal worth 350k per week. Obviously nobody would turn it down but wages shouldn't be that high.

When clubs like Barca who have massive incomes can end up over a billion in debt, surely common sense needs to kick in. Sport cannpt keep paying out much more than its income. Real Madrid would likely have gone bankrupt if not for politicsl help, at the end of last year man Utd are about 500 million in debt.

How can these clubs still pay massive fees and massive wages? What happened to FFP?

Debt in the Championship is also huge and considering the incomes, worse than the EPL,

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1336333/net-debt-premier-league-championship

it's not sustainable. yes there is player greed but as it goes what is even worse is the stupidity of clubs that offer these wages.
Piroe for Surridge on 12:37 - Jul 30 with 500 viewsswan_si

Maybe he's been influenced by the Manning mode.🤔
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024