Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Boo Boys 19:24 - Aug 7 with 10656 viewsNoDiddley

Not sure if this has been covered in another thread?
I was unfortunate to go to Watford Saturday.
A fella next to me was constantly booing, after biting my lip for 20 minutes I had to let him have it.
“Why are you booing?”
He hadn’t got a fcukin answer, just another idiot who on paying for an away ticket expects to watch us play like Barcelona, our so called ‘fans’ really pi55 me off, what good does that do?
I know we are poor, but booing , I don’t get it?
The Boo Boys on 09:13 - Aug 8 with 2445 viewsNorthernr

The Boo Boys on 08:50 - Aug 8 by Wegerles_Stairs

Do you think it will start getting nasty at HQ? Last season there were definite splits in the crowd, even when they were getting booed. It obviously depends on results but if performances like Saturday are the norm, it'll be interesting to see what happens. My impression is that there is a significant number of our fans who will never boo them, even if they were standing in the centre circle shagging their wives.

I don't know.

It'll definitely go off at an away game at some point.

On the booing in particular, during the game, I get why it's happening, certainly last season when the players had shown you they could be good and were then showing you they couldn't be arsd. But it's a poor team this one now, so I'm coming back to my thing about Zesh Rehman - shout and boo him all you like, he's not gonna get better. It's probably counter productive at this point.

But, again, we've got a lot of problems here before you get to the fans getting a bit aggy.
The Boo Boys on 09:24 - Aug 8 with 2374 viewsted_hendrix

Singing "what a load of rubbish" is the best way to let your feelings be known.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Boo Boys on 09:33 - Aug 8 with 2332 viewsMick_S

The Boo Boys on 09:08 - Aug 8 by QPROslo

That might be more entertaining than the utter shyte on view Saturday.

Not on 36 seconds though, surely.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The Boo Boys on 09:52 - Aug 8 with 2274 viewsrobith

The Boo Boys on 19:35 - Aug 7 by GaryBannister86

Each to their own, mate. I always admire the fan who is so ardent that they can watch the total tripe served up and still cheer and applaud and wait at the end of the game to clap them off after another abysmal defeat.

I can't. I love QPR but if I think people are phoning it in, be it players or managers then I will let them know. Not sure the booing will make them play any worse, just like your clapping and cheering doesn't make them play any better.

I gave Laird some stick at the end of last season and a bloke in front of me in the Rail Seating looked at me like I was a lunatic. Maybe he is a better fan than me, but then he couldn't have been watching much of the season.

I actually left the rail seats last year during that Laird sub because I wasn't prepared to defend the team, but I felt some of the vitriol given to Laird when he was subbed was a bit much relative to how bad he'd been.

Two weeks later everyone was calling Ainsworth an idiot for not picking him. Fan's logic
The Boo Boys on 09:54 - Aug 8 with 2258 viewsTheChef

The Boo Boys on 09:52 - Aug 8 by robith

I actually left the rail seats last year during that Laird sub because I wasn't prepared to defend the team, but I felt some of the vitriol given to Laird when he was subbed was a bit much relative to how bad he'd been.

Two weeks later everyone was calling Ainsworth an idiot for not picking him. Fan's logic

Equally, even before Ainsworth took the job, there were comments about the abuse he'd get when things went wrong, despite being a bit of a QPR legend as a player.

And - here we are

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The Boo Boys on 10:11 - Aug 8 with 2191 viewsHamptonR

The Boo Boys on 08:50 - Aug 8 by Wegerles_Stairs

Do you think it will start getting nasty at HQ? Last season there were definite splits in the crowd, even when they were getting booed. It obviously depends on results but if performances like Saturday are the norm, it'll be interesting to see what happens. My impression is that there is a significant number of our fans who will never boo them, even if they were standing in the centre circle shagging their wives.

I am in the not booing camp, but if my wife was in the centre circle, I would be really angry.
She has never liked football, and is no longer a fan of shagging.
The Boo Boys on 10:21 - Aug 8 with 2133 viewsflynnbo

The Boo Boys on 10:11 - Aug 8 by HamptonR

I am in the not booing camp, but if my wife was in the centre circle, I would be really angry.
She has never liked football, and is no longer a fan of shagging.

That’s unfortunate given your username.
The Boo Boys on 10:35 - Aug 8 with 2082 viewsCateLeBonR

The Boo Boys on 09:13 - Aug 8 by Northernr

I don't know.

It'll definitely go off at an away game at some point.

On the booing in particular, during the game, I get why it's happening, certainly last season when the players had shown you they could be good and were then showing you they couldn't be arsd. But it's a poor team this one now, so I'm coming back to my thing about Zesh Rehman - shout and boo him all you like, he's not gonna get better. It's probably counter productive at this point.

But, again, we've got a lot of problems here before you get to the fans getting a bit aggy.

That’s kind of where I am. I dislike the booing and the we’re fcking sh!t brigade etc but I do get it. However I think we need to think very carefully about alienating the supporters who stay to the end and clap the players regardless. We have been here before and If you look at the Watford game as a metaphor for a relegation season. A lot of the booers will leave early often even before halftime. Some of them will move downstairs to the bar and drink the games away. The people clapping at the end will still be there clapping, even if we’re sh!t. We need those people to get us through this. If we want the players to show a commitment and consistency on the pitch then we need show them the same from the stands in my opinion.
Login to get fewer ads

The Boo Boys on 10:44 - Aug 8 with 2034 viewsPlanetHonneywood

If a bloke is out there trying his hardest and doing his level best, then booing is wrong if he's being ripped a second one by a better opponent. Same applies to the team doing it's level best.

However, the reason why people are booing at games and getting their boxers all snarled up from a far, isn't just because QPR are a million miles away from putting out a team that's able to compete, but because too many individuals seem unprepared and unwilling to put the yards in. Which is inexcusable.

The issue is not assisted by the simple fact that despite the embarrassment of our recent riches, we've clearly got players that are way off the level required and which is 100% due to the idiocy and incompetence of QPR.

Throw into the mix the complete and utter clusterfook that's cascaded from the boardroom over the last dozen or so years, which has steered us faster toward the abyss than Captain Smith sailed the Titanic toward that fateful iceberg; itself exacerbated by two simple facts: firstly, we could see it all coming over the last several years and secondly, other clubs of lesser and comparable size, have chartered a well thought out and structured course to the Premier League in comparison.

Frankly, there's a cast of characters here (and who've departed) for whom booing is a suspended sentence in comparison to the lynching many deserve!

It's now really up to the players to show they either care or can, at the very least, be professional. Otherwise, it's going to get very toxic very soon.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The Boo Boys on 11:51 - Aug 8 with 1883 viewsRangersw12

The Boo Boys on 10:35 - Aug 8 by CateLeBonR

That’s kind of where I am. I dislike the booing and the we’re fcking sh!t brigade etc but I do get it. However I think we need to think very carefully about alienating the supporters who stay to the end and clap the players regardless. We have been here before and If you look at the Watford game as a metaphor for a relegation season. A lot of the booers will leave early often even before halftime. Some of them will move downstairs to the bar and drink the games away. The people clapping at the end will still be there clapping, even if we’re sh!t. We need those people to get us through this. If we want the players to show a commitment and consistency on the pitch then we need show them the same from the stands in my opinion.

The fans have given them commitment and support though .

They have rewarded us with that support by pulling out of tackles , not tracking runners and generally not giving a shit.

IMO if they are clapped off then the players will think the fans have zero standards and believe the current performances are acceptable.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2023 12:55]
The Boo Boys on 11:56 - Aug 8 with 1865 viewsQPunkR

Difference is (although I hate these labels, bear with me) the happy clappers at games generally have a go at those of us booing or having a go at the team, but the boo-boys don't normally argue directly with those clapping some of the slop we get served up. At least in my experience

QPR - "shit but local"

The Boo Boys on 12:01 - Aug 8 with 1837 viewsjohnhoop

The Boo Boys on 09:54 - Aug 8 by TheChef

Equally, even before Ainsworth took the job, there were comments about the abuse he'd get when things went wrong, despite being a bit of a QPR legend as a player.

And - here we are

Which was the main reason I was hoping we weren’t going to appoint him.
The Boo Boys on 12:07 - Aug 8 with 1784 viewsrobith

Can't believe we're turning how mad you are at the team into a culture war
The Boo Boys on 12:10 - Aug 8 with 1754 viewsCateLeBonR

The Boo Boys on 11:56 - Aug 8 by QPunkR

Difference is (although I hate these labels, bear with me) the happy clappers at games generally have a go at those of us booing or having a go at the team, but the boo-boys don't normally argue directly with those clapping some of the slop we get served up. At least in my experience

We’re two sides of the same coin I guess. I do agree it’s generally on here I read criticism of people clapping and not at games.
The Boo Boys on 12:13 - Aug 8 with 1727 viewsCateLeBonR

The Boo Boys on 11:51 - Aug 8 by Rangersw12

The fans have given them commitment and support though .

They have rewarded us with that support by pulling out of tackles , not tracking runners and generally not giving a shit.

IMO if they are clapped off then the players will think the fans have zero standards and believe the current performances are acceptable.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2023 12:55]

Agreed I can’t fault the commitment. To be honest I think we’ve passed the stage where any of it is making a difference.
The Boo Boys on 13:01 - Aug 8 with 1495 viewsQPR_Jim

The Boo Boys on 12:07 - Aug 8 by robith

Quite a bizarre thread. The OP makes his point about booing not helping the team and the assumption for nearly 2 pages now is that he must be clapping them, like it's a binary thing you're either booing or clapping.
The Boo Boys on 13:22 - Aug 8 with 1413 viewsNorthernr

The Boo Boys on 12:07 - Aug 8 by robith

Well we spent the whole weekend wholeheartedly agreeing with each other, bout time we had a proper sort out
The Boo Boys on 13:23 - Aug 8 with 1409 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The Boo Boys on 11:56 - Aug 8 by QPunkR

There's a tipping point at which a boo or a clap will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. At which point, it could get nasty.

The players have had a few years of solid support that doesn't seem to manifest itself in recipricol effort, pride, and professionalism.

If fans who've paid thousands following QPR wish to boo in response to what they're seeing on (and off the pitch) it's very unfortunate, but understandable.

Really up to the players now. They got NC the sack and if they don't realise our plight and can't be arsed, then let them reap the toxicity of what they've sown.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The Boo Boys on 13:24 - Aug 8 with 1402 viewsterryb

The Boo Boys on 13:01 - Aug 8 by QPR_Jim

Quite a bizarre thread. The OP makes his point about booing not helping the team and the assumption for nearly 2 pages now is that he must be clapping them, like it's a binary thing you're either booing or clapping.

I stayed until the final whistle on Saturday, not having booed once or joined in any of the "shit" chants, but I didn't applaud them after the game started either. I was out of the stadium immediately & wouldn't have considered staying to clap the players.

I suspect most supporters are the same & doing neither.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2023 13:34]
The Boo Boys on 13:43 - Aug 8 with 1321 viewsw7r

The Boo Boys on 01:00 - Aug 8 by Northernr

None of this is the supporters' fault. I think in previous eras QPR and the execs involved could have expected far more sustained, coordinated abuse, stick and protest. I remember seeing a home defeat to Leeds interrupted by a pitch invasion because we'd sold Darren Peacock while we were mid table in the Premier League.

Haha, I remember that game - halcyon days!
The Boo Boys on 13:44 - Aug 8 with 1317 viewsSimonJames

Just sit there, arms crossed, silent-disappointment-face on, and deafen them with your silence.

100% of people who drink water will die.

The Boo Boys on 13:48 - Aug 8 with 1309 viewsspencer

During the game , it makes no sense to Boo a player. Im sure we have all played at some level, at booing a player during the game is ( IMO) counter productive.

At the end of the game how ever

Yes... what a pile of rubbish could be shouted
Boo the players ....or just get the whole crowd to turn their backs to the player
The Boo Boys on 13:49 - Aug 8 with 1309 viewsrobith

The Boo Boys on 13:22 - Aug 8 by Northernr

Well we spent the whole weekend wholeheartedly agreeing with each other, bout time we had a proper sort out

Cops leading me away after LoftForWords (A) on a Tuesday morning

The Boo Boys on 13:52 - Aug 8 with 1271 viewsessextaxiboy

The Boo Boys on 13:24 - Aug 8 by terryb

I stayed until the final whistle on Saturday, not having booed once or joined in any of the "shit" chants, but I didn't applaud them after the game started either. I was out of the stadium immediately & wouldn't have considered staying to clap the players.

I suspect most supporters are the same & doing neither.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2023 13:34]

I did exactly the same , I reckon I was on the street before the Ref stopped whistling .

In Clive match report he speaks of anger turning to embarrassment , unlike some others I dont seem to get angry I just spend the time head in hands in silence in despair and embarrassed .
The Boo Boys on 13:59 - Aug 8 with 1235 viewsspencer

During the game , it makes no sense to Boo a player. Im sure we have all played at some level, at booing a player during the game is ( IMO) counter productive.

At the end of the game how ever

Yes... what a pile of rubbish could be shouted
Boo the players ....or just get the whole crowd to turn their backs to the player
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024