Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Noisy neighbours are being Investigated 22:25 - Oct 30 with 4422 viewsted_hendrix

I cant do link things but Its In the Telegraph and Times, might not come to anything who knows? One can only hope............

Chelsea transfers for Samuel Eto’o and Willian investigated over payments to ‘Russian entities’
The Premier League, which has power to potentially dock points, is interrogating millions of pounds paid to around six offshore companies
The Premier League is scrutinising Chelsea’s signings of Willian and Samuel Eto’o as part of a wider probe into offshore payments during Roman Abramovich’s era.

Telegraph Sport reported more than a year ago how concerns over a wide array of historic payments had been raised prior to the Todd Boehly-led takeover. Just days before the £2.5 billion deal, £100 million was wiped off the sale price to cover “unforeseen liabilities”.
Third-party sources involved in the deal suspected immediately that Chelsea could be left at risk of profit and sustainability breaches over historic payments. The club vehemently dismissed such a prospect at the time.

However, investigations by the league were launched after Chelsea’s new owners subsequently voluntarily reported financial transactions between 2012 and 2019 to the FA, Premier League and Uefa.

It has now emerged, initially via a report in The Times newspaper, that the incoming transfers of Brazilian midfielder Willian and Cameroonian forward Eto’o, both from the Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala in August 2013, are part of the investigation.
Payments may have been made to “Russian entities” as Willian joined Chelsea for £30 million before Eto’o joined on a free transfer the day afterwards. There is no suggestion either player had any knowledge of such payments.

The Premier League, which has powers to potentially dock points or heavily fine, is understood to be interrogating millions of pounds paid to around six offshore companies.

Chelsea said in a statement: “These allegations pre-date the club’s current ownership. They concern entities that were allegedly controlled by the club’s former owner and do not relate to any individual who is presently at the club.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Our Noisy neighbours are being Investigated on 22:44 - Oct 30 with 4236 viewsSydneyRs

Only took them 20 bloody years and countless bought trophies.
Our Noisy neighbours are being Investigated on 22:49 - Oct 30 with 4186 viewsHoopsie

Just relegate them

Their statement is nonsense

If these illegal dealings helped them to win anything, they should be rescinded retrospectively

Case in point - Juventus. Granted it is the Italian FA but Juve were punished for financial irregularities and false accounting in relation to past transfer dealings
[Post edited 30 Oct 2023 22:49]

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Our Noisy neighbours are being Investigated on 22:58 - Oct 30 with 4128 viewsSydneyRs

Our Noisy neighbours are being Investigated on 22:49 - Oct 30 by Hoopsie

Just relegate them

Their statement is nonsense

If these illegal dealings helped them to win anything, they should be rescinded retrospectively

Case in point - Juventus. Granted it is the Italian FA but Juve were punished for financial irregularities and false accounting in relation to past transfer dealings
[Post edited 30 Oct 2023 22:49]

Glasgow Rangers were liquidated due to being caught out on financial cheating over many years and yet not one trophy was stripped. Apparently "no sporting advantage" ffs.
Our Noisy neighbours are being Investigated on 23:49 - Oct 30 with 3965 viewsTomS

Can I be the first to point out that under Harry Redknapp, we bought Chris Samba from that very same Russian club, then following our relegation a few months later we somehow, and let's face it incredulously, persuaded them to take him back for more or less the same price.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2023 23:52]
Our Noisy neighbours are being Investigated on 01:09 - Oct 31 with 3880 viewsThird_Division_South

Our Noisy neighbours are being Investigated on 23:49 - Oct 30 by TomS

Can I be the first to point out that under Harry Redknapp, we bought Chris Samba from that very same Russian club, then following our relegation a few months later we somehow, and let's face it incredulously, persuaded them to take him back for more or less the same price.

The “under new ownership “ excuse shouldn’t work. Luton’s big points deduction which sent them out of the league was for misdemeanours under a previous regime. But this is a big 6 club so, I doubt it.
Our Noisy neighbours are being Investigated on 08:59 - Oct 31 with 3422 viewsRangers67

This is only news some of us suspected for a while anyway. Of course none of the tainted trophies they " won " during this period will be taken away and given to the next best teams as the FA dont have the balls. It would be interesting to know how many officials and opposing players were influenced to allow this to happen. Brown envelopes stuffed with cash would of course never be allowed.
Not only should the Scum be investigated the people at the top of the FA and Premier league should be investigated for overseeing or turning a blind eye to this corruption.
Still in a couple of years time when the investigation is over the outcome will inevitably be nothing to see here , move on.
Our Noisy neighbours are being Investigated on 09:30 - Oct 31 with 3325 viewsW7Ranger

My thoughts exactly!
Our Noisy neighbours are being Investigated on 09:31 - Oct 31 with 3323 viewsRs_Holy

Our Noisy neighbours are being Investigated on 01:09 - Oct 31 by Third_Division_South

The “under new ownership “ excuse shouldn’t work. Luton’s big points deduction which sent them out of the league was for misdemeanours under a previous regime. But this is a big 6 club so, I doubt it.

yep... I'm not holding my breath.
Login to get fewer ads

Our Noisy neighbours are being Investigated on 09:55 - Oct 31 with 3260 viewsJuzzie

The whole "previous ownership is indeed complete bollox (see Luton ablove) but we all know they'll get away with it.

edit: Chelsea alo said "They concern entities that were allegedly controlled by the club’s former owner and do not relate to any individual who is presently at the club."

Is this about people or the Club? If the Club, then surely the Club is still inherently liable?

[Post edited 31 Oct 2023 16:30]
Our Noisy neighbours are being Investigated on 09:57 - Oct 31 with 3252 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Our Noisy neighbours are being Investigated on 09:55 - Oct 31 by Juzzie

The whole "previous ownership is indeed complete bollox (see Luton ablove) but we all know they'll get away with it.

edit: Chelsea alo said "They concern entities that were allegedly controlled by the club’s former owner and do not relate to any individual who is presently at the club."

Is this about people or the Club? If the Club, then surely the Club is still inherently liable?

[Post edited 31 Oct 2023 16:30]

They'll get credit for coughing early and assisting the prosecution!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Our Noisy neighbours are being Investigated on 09:58 - Oct 31 with 3244 viewsslmrstid

Our Noisy neighbours are being Investigated on 09:30 - Oct 31 by W7Ranger

My thoughts exactly!

Maybe if Chelsea get stripped trophies for gaining a sporting advantage, we can point to the fact Chris Samba was rubbish and contributed to our relegation thus giving us a sporting disadvantage, so we can get reinstated to the top flight?
Our Noisy neighbours are being Investigated on 10:35 - Oct 31 with 3132 viewsTheChef

Most shamefaced money laundering ever.

How did that one never get investigated??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024