Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackburn Rovers in the same ball park 17:11 - Feb 4 with 585 viewsReslovenSwan1

Blackburn has sort of been a mirror image of Swansea with unpopular foreign owners and big monthly losses and obliged to sell player to balance the books.

Their owner no longer wants to pay the monthly deficits and making sharp cut backs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68194968

Swansea owners have found new investors to plug the gaps but fans are still suggesting they are paying themselves at the expense of the club.

They have put "one of their own" in charge to squeeze out all the variables. Coleman is under pressure to make ends meet. I back him and Watson.

I Watson is here to buy potential and create assets he must be given time. From what I have seen of Kukharevicl Tymon and Njoe an On all they need is playing time. Time to play the young fellows and ditch the big wages on Allen, Naughton, Walsh, Patterson and even Grimes.

Huw had a squad of very hungry aggressive young fellows on a tight budget . These guys look way too nice to me.

In finance terms the Championship is attrition. It just grinds you down. Some teams gave up competing, Blackpool Wigan etc and stuck to a restricted budget. Blackburn may be the next.

[Post edited 4 Feb 21:10]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Blackburn Rovers in the same ball park on 22:15 - Feb 4 with 411 viewsSTID2017

Our owners are making a fortune here and around the world.
Venky apparently has suffered huge losses on his businesses in India

So not a fair comparison there

But hey, anything that helps you portrait the owners as upright, great benevolent guys

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Blackburn Rovers in the same ball park on 23:15 - Feb 4 with 383 viewsReslovenSwan1

Blackburn Rovers in the same ball park on 22:15 - Feb 4 by STID2017

Our owners are making a fortune here and around the world.
Venky apparently has suffered huge losses on his businesses in India

So not a fair comparison there

But hey, anything that helps you portrait the owners as upright, great benevolent guys

It has been reported that Blackburn have been losing £20m a year of £1.6m a month. These are the realities. Swansea might have a better chance as other teams in the competition like Cardiff tighten their belt. Dalman mentioned FFP.

A financial survival of the fittest.
[Post edited 4 Feb 23:19]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024