Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football sin bins 16:09 - Feb 8 with 2634 viewsloftboy

Will not work in my opinion. There’s going to be huge arguments that certain players got away with it last week etc.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Football sin bins on 16:12 - Feb 8 with 1914 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hard agree.
I cannot believe people are still trying to introduce this idea.
Drives me nuts. It's the most popular sport on earth, why are they constantly fiddling with it. Leave it the fk alone.

Bare bones.

Football sin bins on 16:15 - Feb 8 with 1887 viewsaston_hoop

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/02/08/blue-cards-to-be-introduced-for-

I really cannot stress how far I think they can fck off with this idea.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Football sin bins on 16:32 - Feb 8 with 1836 viewsdigswellhoop

please god no and no to var in our league
Football sin bins on 16:50 - Feb 8 with 1760 viewsHayesender

My love of this game seems to erode a bit with every rule change

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Football sin bins on 16:51 - Feb 8 with 1748 viewsHayesender

What happens if a keeper is shown one?

Football sin bins on 16:53 - Feb 8 with 1725 viewspaulhoop2

Bet Keith’s in his element another card to flash more chaos to cause !

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Football sin bins on 16:55 - Feb 8 with 1714 viewsQPR_John

Football sin bins on 16:12 - Feb 8 by Antti_Heinola

Hard agree.
I cannot believe people are still trying to introduce this idea.
Drives me nuts. It's the most popular sport on earth, why are they constantly fiddling with it. Leave it the fk alone.

Could not agree more. A sport with simple laws controlled by people who continually want to make changes. All comes from the USA market I imagine.
Football sin bins on 17:23 - Feb 8 with 1629 viewsLogman

Been in use at grassroots level for a couple of years now and works very well
Login to get fewer ads

Football sin bins on 17:24 - Feb 8 with 1629 viewsflynnbo

As it's so small at Luton, they'll be required to take a tour of the town instead.
Football sin bins on 17:29 - Feb 8 with 1602 viewsDorse

Much better ways of punishing players:
Diving - have to play the rest of the game in Speedos. And a swimming cap.
Bad Tackle - shorts pulled down and opposition invited to point and laugh at your 'bad tackle'.
Talking Back To The Ref - gaffa tape over the mouth.

You get the idea. I accept cash, cheques, bitcoin, Lower Slobovian groats, sex, chocolate and, of course, lager.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Football sin bins on 17:32 - Feb 8 with 1583 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Not against the idea of a sin bin in principal, but why the need to introduce another card?
Why not just make the yellow an automatic bin like rugby, then keep everything else the same. 2 yellows your off.

The powers that be seem intent on making a very simple game as complicated as possible.
Football sin bins on 17:34 - Feb 8 with 1567 viewsE17hoop

Football sin bins on 16:51 - Feb 8 by Hayesender

It'd stop time wasting at a stroke.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Football sin bins on 17:39 - Feb 8 with 1545 viewsJuzzie

With any rule/new rule two things will happen;

- everyone will moan about it, moan that someone didn't get it for the same offence last week, moan about this, moan about that.

- find away to circumnavigate (i.e. cheat) around it.

Personally I think we should give it a go. Backchat the ref? You're off for 10 mins which could mean you turn end up conceding a goal(s) which could affect the final result.

How could players find away to cheat this rule and use it to their advantage? Not sure, but where there's a will there will be a way.
Football sin bins on 17:40 - Feb 8 with 1544 viewsflynnbo

Football sin bins on 16:51 - Feb 8 by Hayesender

Has to play with one arm behind his back.
Football sin bins on 18:11 - Feb 8 with 1465 viewsdutch

Football sin bins on 17:40 - Feb 8 by flynnbo

Has to play with one arm behind his back.

`What's the real answer ?
Football sin bins on 18:21 - Feb 8 with 1440 viewsLazyFan

Ian Wright said the best approach is simply move the free kick forward 10 yards and let's see how the players on the same team react if a goal goes in then.

Goalkeepers will be screaming at the forwards along with the defence. I mean if your Colback do you really want to be facing up to Asmir and Cook in the changing rooms after the game?

zzzzzzzzzz

Football sin bins on 18:28 - Feb 8 with 1418 viewsHayesender

Football sin bins on 18:11 - Feb 8 by dutch

`What's the real answer ?

Rush goalie

Football sin bins on 18:31 - Feb 8 with 1409 viewsNorthernr

It's very similar to all the chat we had a year or so back around injury time, faking injuries, time wasting, shithousing etc. The conversation was always about what new rules we could bring in to stop it, different coloured cards, injured players forced to stay off the field for a period of time etc. The answer was simple - enforce the rules you've already got. Time wasting is already a bookable offence, you don't have to stop the game unless it's a head injury, and the injured players are supposed to be treated off the field of play not treated on it and then asked to walk to the side and back on again as it is applied. Just enforce the rules you've got, book early and often for time wasting, add time on properly at the end, it'll go away.

This is the same. You already have yellow cards for dissent, just issue more of them. Don't put up with it. Apply the rules you already have.

That said, I think what you are seeing a rise in is not only cynical, tactical, 'taking one for the team' fouls to interrupt counter attacks (which have always existed) but trhat type of foul that's done to hurt players. Mostly those fouls used to be a deliberate shirt pull or a trip, now you're seeing players take advantage of a situation they know they're going to get yellow carded in to really crack into a guy. Colback is bad for it. Again, though, there exists already a punishment for that - send him off if you think it's excessive.
Football sin bins on 18:41 - Feb 8 with 1362 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Football sin bins on 18:21 - Feb 8 by LazyFan

Ian Wright said the best approach is simply move the free kick forward 10 yards and let's see how the players on the same team react if a goal goes in then.

Goalkeepers will be screaming at the forwards along with the defence. I mean if your Colback do you really want to be facing up to Asmir and Cook in the changing rooms after the game?

Wasn't this tried a few years back and dropped?
Football sin bins on 18:46 - Feb 8 with 1350 viewskensalriser

Football sin bins on 18:31 - Feb 8 by Northernr

It's very similar to all the chat we had a year or so back around injury time, faking injuries, time wasting, shithousing etc. The conversation was always about what new rules we could bring in to stop it, different coloured cards, injured players forced to stay off the field for a period of time etc. The answer was simple - enforce the rules you've already got. Time wasting is already a bookable offence, you don't have to stop the game unless it's a head injury, and the injured players are supposed to be treated off the field of play not treated on it and then asked to walk to the side and back on again as it is applied. Just enforce the rules you've got, book early and often for time wasting, add time on properly at the end, it'll go away.

This is the same. You already have yellow cards for dissent, just issue more of them. Don't put up with it. Apply the rules you already have.

That said, I think what you are seeing a rise in is not only cynical, tactical, 'taking one for the team' fouls to interrupt counter attacks (which have always existed) but trhat type of foul that's done to hurt players. Mostly those fouls used to be a deliberate shirt pull or a trip, now you're seeing players take advantage of a situation they know they're going to get yellow carded in to really crack into a guy. Colback is bad for it. Again, though, there exists already a punishment for that - send him off if you think it's excessive.

Same is true in politics. Always calls for more draconian laws, longer sentences blah blah blah, when what's really needed is more resources into enforcement. Are muggers going to stop because they might get six years instead of four? No, they'll stop if they know there's an odds on chance of getting nicked in the first place.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Football sin bins on 18:51 - Feb 8 with 1328 viewsslmrstid

I'm actually in favour of it if it genuinely put a stop to some of the excessive timewasting and general shitbaggery we see in the game but I'm also with Northern in that it'd only work if its enforced properly, which the current supposedly tougher rules aren't.

So I'm in favour if its used properly against a player being a knob early on - I am not in favour if a ref is too wimpish to use it until the 93rd minute when it becomes irrelevant.
Football sin bins on 18:54 - Feb 8 with 1306 viewsFDC

Football sin bins on 18:31 - Feb 8 by Northernr

I think this is right. The problem is that referees are inconsistent, cowed by big clubs and big situations, and susceptible to a kind of interpretation drift, where the way that rules are applied changes over time. All of that is quite difficult to iron out, but trying to do so would be better than introducing quite radical measures that will add another layer of complexity and controversy
[Post edited 8 Feb 18:59]
Football sin bins on 18:59 - Feb 8 with 1292 viewsFDC

You can imagine all the sky sports breathless analysis on whether the ref brought the sin binned player back soon enough after his ten minutes were up, or whether he allowed play to continue for too long during which time a goal was scored
[Post edited 8 Feb 19:00]
Football sin bins on 19:24 - Feb 8 with 1224 viewsNorthernr

Football sin bins on 18:59 - Feb 8 by FDC

You can imagine all the sky sports breathless analysis on whether the ref brought the sin binned player back soon enough after his ten minutes were up, or whether he allowed play to continue for too long during which time a goal was scored
[Post edited 8 Feb 19:00]

I'm seeing the same thing happen in rugby league. Like football, a sport where the main appeal was its simplicity, becoming ever more convoluted and complicated with ever more rules and regs and ever more referee involvements to the point it becomes unwatchable.

We should be looking at ways for referees to be less involved, ball in play more, games more free flowing, not the opposite.
Football sin bins on 19:41 - Feb 8 with 1173 viewsDorse

Football sin bins on 19:24 - Feb 8 by Northernr

I'm seeing the same thing happen in rugby league. Like football, a sport where the main appeal was its simplicity, becoming ever more convoluted and complicated with ever more rules and regs and ever more referee involvements to the point it becomes unwatchable.

We should be looking at ways for referees to be less involved, ball in play more, games more free flowing, not the opposite.

It's like when they introduced tackling in golf. Madness.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024