Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Screen goddesses in football crowds 13:39 - Feb 9 with 2475 viewsAnotherJohn

Have you ever seen one in person? On a whim I recently again watched High Noon, and could not help but be impressed by the youthful beauty of Grace Kelly. It brought to mind the fact that she is the only screen siren from that time, or indeed any era, that I've seen at a football match on British shores. She was only about 20 yards from where I sat albeit in a glass viewing area. David Niven was also present that day. Can anybody guess what match that was?
Screen goddesses in football crowds on 13:24 - Feb 12 with 480 viewsSkipTheJack

I remember watching the Swans in a pre-season friendly at Llanelli once, and was surprised to see Catherine Zeta Jones sitting near me. Wasn't her uncle something to do with Llanelli?
Screen goddesses in football crowds on 19:10 - Feb 12 with 392 viewsSullutaCreturned

Their just distractions from what the story should be, look at the superbowl and Taylor Swift.

it should be about the sport not famous non sporting attendees.
Screen goddesses in football crowds on 19:24 - Feb 12 with 381 viewsSTID2017

Screen goddesses in football crowds on 13:24 - Feb 12 by SkipTheJack

I remember watching the Swans in a pre-season friendly at Llanelli once, and was surprised to see Catherine Zeta Jones sitting near me. Wasn't her uncle something to do with Llanelli?

Bobby Jones from Panda Motors ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Screen goddesses in football crowds on 11:52 - Feb 13 with 300 viewsAnotherJohn

Screen goddesses in football crowds on 19:10 - Feb 12 by SullutaCreturned

Their just distractions from what the story should be, look at the superbowl and Taylor Swift.

it should be about the sport not famous non sporting attendees.

Yes, Taylor Swift might well have been a bit of a distraction at the Superbowl, but my hypothesis was that we hardly ever see a "screen goddess" at a football match. It is a once in a blue moon sighting - in my case just one time. Is it just that they are mostly not interested, or is there something about football culture or the perceived risk that things might get out of hand? Even at the humble level of club mascots, there has rarely been any attempt to use sex appeal to gain attention. Does anybody remember Athena at Exeter City, who apparently went on to make adult movies. I only remember some of the dodgy fan chants ("Do you take it... ") that good taste prevents me from spelling out in full.
Screen goddesses in football crowds on 12:28 - Feb 13 with 268 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Screen goddesses in football crowds on 11:52 - Feb 13 by AnotherJohn

Yes, Taylor Swift might well have been a bit of a distraction at the Superbowl, but my hypothesis was that we hardly ever see a "screen goddess" at a football match. It is a once in a blue moon sighting - in my case just one time. Is it just that they are mostly not interested, or is there something about football culture or the perceived risk that things might get out of hand? Even at the humble level of club mascots, there has rarely been any attempt to use sex appeal to gain attention. Does anybody remember Athena at Exeter City, who apparently went on to make adult movies. I only remember some of the dodgy fan chants ("Do you take it... ") that good taste prevents me from spelling out in full.

I imagine that if she was an adult actress the answer would almost certainly be yes as it’s pretty much a job requirement. I’ve heard.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Screen goddesses in football crowds on 13:05 - Feb 13 with 242 viewsAnotherJohn

Screen goddesses in football crowds on 12:28 - Feb 13 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I imagine that if she was an adult actress the answer would almost certainly be yes as it’s pretty much a job requirement. I’ve heard.

Guess that you heard the chant. At one game I attended Athena walked up the steps in the stand, right past my seat, in her skimpy white dress as the chant rang out. Her expression was something to behold. Must say I felt for her.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-soccer-fa-cup-third-round-charlton-athletic-v-

P.S. Forgot her name had come up on here before (page 2):

Exeter v Liverpool. by lifelong 8 Jan 2016 19:31
FA Cup, live on BBC 1, now.

[Post edited 13 Feb 16:12]
Screen goddesses in football crowds on 13:55 - Feb 13 with 217 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Screen goddesses in football crowds on 13:05 - Feb 13 by AnotherJohn

Guess that you heard the chant. At one game I attended Athena walked up the steps in the stand, right past my seat, in her skimpy white dress as the chant rang out. Her expression was something to behold. Must say I felt for her.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-soccer-fa-cup-third-round-charlton-athletic-v-

P.S. Forgot her name had come up on here before (page 2):

Exeter v Liverpool. by lifelong 8 Jan 2016 19:31
FA Cup, live on BBC 1, now.

[Post edited 13 Feb 16:12]

I felt for her too but I couldn’t quite reach her from where I was.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024