Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drug driving 09:23 - Feb 21 with 1199 viewsonehunglow

I’m actually quite shocked at some attitudes towards driving having drugs in the system.
Police officers I speak to say it’s epidemic levels now and drink driving not mu+h better.
Why is this ?
Are people now less willing to accept facts that they don’t like ?
Whatever,it’s killing us ,literally .
What can we do?
[Post edited 21 Feb 9:23]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Drug driving on 12:46 - Feb 23 with 207 viewsonehunglow

Drug driving on 12:09 - Feb 23 by Plankton

It's advice not advise

Good spot
English eh
I shall be practising the piano soon

Thanks

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Drug driving on 14:54 - Feb 23 with 178 viewsjackrmee

Drug driving on 09:25 - Feb 23 by YrAlarch

I do agree. The evidence shows that drugs such as cannabis and cocaine impairs your ability to drive and significantly increases the risk of an accident.

Yes that’s if you are intoxicated at the time, not if you are over the legal limit, yet not experiencing drowsiness or blurred vision.

No one is advocating anything or advising that driving whilst high or whilst smoking a joint is fine.

Clearly, cannabis can cause impairments and intoxication. Driving should never be undertaken if sleepy, drowsy, or vision is impaired.

However, if there are no effects such as this, or these effects have worn off, it’s totally acceptable to drive after using cannabis (if prescribed by your doctor).

I’m not the one who made these rules.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Drug driving on 14:59 - Feb 23 with 178 viewsjackrmee

Drug driving on 09:36 - Feb 23 by onehunglow

Mate.
My son in law is a serving officer .
Over Christmas pud recently we were discussing this very subject mainly as he d locked up a driver for just this and was late for Christmas dinner at ours and we had to microwave it all after he got himself away from the job .

Up here,it is epidemic proportion.

They feel they can fly as well as drive. Heightened awareness is the last thing drugs do .

Frankly,I’m still seething over reading one of our own coming up with this utter crap . Kids taking to the wheel after consuming a split believing they really can “drive” cuts me to the bone . Just how the living feck do we educate people like this .

Never forget ,it is invariably innocent men women and children that find out that these drives can’t by paying with their lives .

Kids driving off their face is different than what I’m saying,

All I’m saying is that cannabis use should not be lumped in to drug driving cases like that.

If a kid crashes into someone while off his face on Valium, then fair enough, they should be punished.
But if granny took some Valium from her gp and then drove her car, as she didn’t feel any effects, or they’d worn off, or she didn’t feel that the effects were strong enough to impair her driving, then that is totally fine. She can drive legally.
That’s the law.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Drug driving on 15:01 - Feb 23 with 175 viewsjackrmee

Drug driving on 10:10 - Feb 23 by YrAlarch

It is not 'Siimple as that'. Check out section 5 of the Road Traffic Act in it's entirety. There are caveats to the exemption regarding prescriptions.

Im sure there are caveats.
I haven’t read it yet, but I will.
I assume the caveats are that the user must show that they aren’t impaired too much to drive safely?

Drug driving on 15:06 - Feb 23 with 172 viewsjackrmee

Drug driving on 10:33 - Feb 23 by onehunglow

Or S 5A .
What is worrying me is the simple fact drugs are seen as increasing awareness
This was / is said about LSD
are we suggesting driving under LSD increases awareness and pre legion of hazards
As a society ,we are on dangerous ground.
Our roads are full of drugged up drivers who use their car at times when kids are being dropped off or collected from school.

God help us and protect us from our own arrogance and stupidity

This is the problem though…
LSD and Psilocybin, in small doses DO enhance your awareness also.
If these substances are microdosed, then I’m sure they would help your driving. They help hunters and those types of people.

Now what you are mistaking, is that just because I believe this will help driving, doesn’t mean I do it myself, or that I’m advocating people do it. I’m just stating the facts.

These “drugs”, in the correct doses, do totally different things than most people think. They are not for having fun. They are serious, life changing, positive and safe.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024