Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread UPDATED ** 16:09 - Apr 6 with 15102 viewsModeratorC




Swansea City v Plymouth : Match Day Latest & Two Shades Of Alan 9th Apr 2025 08:00
The Swans take on Plymouth Argyle this evening at the Swansea.Com (7:45pm) with the home side not as comfortable as some will tell you. We have differing opinions here at the Indy but overall we all agree that three points this evening will pretty much keep the Swans safe in the Championship for another season. 0




Swans v Argyle : Team News : Championship fixture with all the info & links 9th Apr 2025 14:47
The Swans will take on Plymouth Argyle tonight at the Swansea.Com. (7:45pm) We take a look at the latest news building up to the game. Plus Gwyn Stato looks at the officials and stats. 0




Swans win in first half style as Joe Allen shines 9th Apr 2025 22:35
Swansea City got their win which took them to fifty one points this evening at the Swansea.com in first half style against a very dull and uninspiring Plymouth Argyle. It should have been far more than the three goals with golden opportunities missed in the second half. However, that’s it, job done and the Swans will be playing Championship football next season. It’s not mathematically done, but with so many permutations left it may as well be. 0








This post has been edited by an administrator
1
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 09:34 - Apr 10 with 1131 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 09:15 - Apr 10 by raynor94

Sunderland have already secured their play off place, will they rest a couple, if we are up for it I can see us getting something


Exactly. Sunderland are going to finish 4th. 7 points behind 3rd and 13 points ahead of 5th, at this stage of the season it's strange to say that a team in the play off positions have nothing on the game. I expect us to get a draw at least.
0
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 10:17 - Apr 10 with 1018 viewsjack247

I’ve changed my opinion totally now. I’m still not quite in the ‘give him the job’ camp but I’m certainly in the ‘let’s see what he can do until the end of the season camp’.

I was worried after Derby, even though we won, as I thought it was negative and (incorrectly on my part) showed a lack of confidence in his own ability.

Last night, I was surprised to see Allen starting, but the minute the game started and Plymouth seemed to be playing a 5-2-3? It was obvious he knew their midfield would be light on numbers and picked the perfect midfielder to exploit our numerical advantage.

That told me he’d done his homework and had the confidence and ability to set us up to their weaknesses. It’s also impressive to get the team playing completely different styles a couple of days apart.

Have to admit I jumped the gun and everyone who said he was just playing that way against Derby to get us over the line was right.
2
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026