Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
at last Hoilett is official 11:25 - Jul 27 with 20526 viewsFerdy

see the photos on the official homepage.
at last Hoilett is official on 12:55 - Jul 27 with 2378 viewsWestbourneR

Pre Kean Hoillett played on the right. He is right footed.

Barton was a dog in some games but his short passing is and can be excellent.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

at last Hoilett is official on 12:58 - Jul 27 with 2346 viewsNorthernr

at last Hoilett is official on 12:55 - Jul 27 by WestbourneR

But why do you make excuses for Barton and not for Mackie? I don't understand it. One has done far more to get us in the Prem and keep us there.

Your attitude to the pair of them strikes me as odd. You don't like the guy who tries his best for the club and scores regularly because you don't think he's that good and you therefore take every chance to slag him off. But you do like the guy who plays massively within his ability, drags the club's name through the mud and gets sent off at crucial times in crucial games because you think sometimes his short passing game is ok. Bizarre.
at last Hoilett is official on 13:00 - Jul 27 with 2323 viewsBasingstokeR

at last Hoilett is official on 12:58 - Jul 27 by Northernr

But why do you make excuses for Barton and not for Mackie? I don't understand it. One has done far more to get us in the Prem and keep us there.

Your attitude to the pair of them strikes me as odd. You don't like the guy who tries his best for the club and scores regularly because you don't think he's that good and you therefore take every chance to slag him off. But you do like the guy who plays massively within his ability, drags the club's name through the mud and gets sent off at crucial times in crucial games because you think sometimes his short passing game is ok. Bizarre.

Not ganging up - but agree with this!
at last Hoilett is official on 13:03 - Jul 27 with 2303 viewsrobith

I'm not mad keen on Hoilett (but fully prepared to be wrong) but in the case of talented youngster leaves crisis club for ambitious club going places, it's nice to be the latter for once
at last Hoilett is official on 13:04 - Jul 27 with 2291 viewsNeil_SI

at last Hoilett is official on 12:55 - Jul 27 by WestbourneR

He's right footed, but he plays better from the left, in my opinion. And, when you think about it, he's a better option on the left than Mackie or Wright-Phillips, so it wouldn't make sense to weaken the best position of two players by playing them at their opposites.

He cuts in well from the left, makes good angles when he does, and provides a natural space for an explosive full back to run into, perfect for Fabio or Traore, which again, is a better combination than Onuoha doing the same down the right.

The only worry we have is how he fares defensively. He's more offensive, so he will need to develop a good relationship with the man playing behind him and perhaps will need to improve his defensive support work, and under Mark Hughes and his style, you'd expect him to.
at last Hoilett is official on 13:05 - Jul 27 with 2294 viewsJamie

at last Hoilett is official on 12:46 - Jul 27 by WestbourneR

Jamie he can play on the right. He used to play on the right - he is right footed.

And the reason he will is because Taarabt plays on the left.

Sour grapes again from you...

He's 2 footed like most footballers and played predominantly on the left. Playing out left lets him cut inside on his right foot which is what we will want him to do.

Taarabt spent an awful lot of pre-season playing off the striker for a man intended to play on the left...
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
at last Hoilett is official on 13:09 - Jul 27 with 2270 viewsMedwayR

at last Hoilett is official on 12:15 - Jul 27 by Neil_SI

I don't think that Mackie's place in the side is actually under threat from Hoilett, who I expect would play wide left, and is one of the reasons why we've seen Shaun Wright-Phillips there in pre-season. That told a story for me.

Mackie played a lot in in some of the fixtures on the right, where others were being rested at half-time, so that suggests to me that he is still fighting for a place in the side but in that position.

The front positions are now quite varied with the personnel we have. If you play one up front, with Taarabt in behind, you can compliment with Hoilett on the left and then the workers, such as Mackie right and Ji-Sung Park in the middle. But really there is a lot of rotation and permutations, which is excellent for us.

Hoilett, Mackie, Taarabt and Ji-Sung Park can all play wide left, wide right, in the middle and behind the striker or even up top if really need be. You can put Wright-Phillips in that category as well, but based on his form, you'd probably want to try and keep him in his best position as much as possible.

We've a real nice mix of pace, flair and hard graft in there, with options to lean more one way or the other depending on the opposition.

Personally I think Taarabt & Zamora will be rotated as Cisse's partner up front, Taarabt doesn't really perform away from home and Zamora holds the ball up well too which helps when playing away games. In a 442 or 4411 we have plenty of options.

GK: Green/Cerny/Murphy
RB: Onouha/Fabio
CB: Ferdinand/Onouha
CB: Hill/Nelsen
LB: Fabio/Traore/Hill
RM: Park/SWP/Mackie
CM: Diakite/Barton/Derry
CM: Faurlin/Park
LM: Hoillett/Taarabt/Traore
CF/AM: Taarabt/Zamora
CF: Cisse/Johnson/Mackie

Plus possibly Young, Ephraim, Bothroyd, Helguson and the youngsters like Ehmer & Doughty.

Then you have the likes of Smith, Campbell & Hulse hanging around still...

Poll: Who’s better?

at last Hoilett is official on 13:15 - Jul 27 with 2244 viewsNeil_SI

at last Hoilett is official on 11:40 - Jul 27 by ChurchOfLes

Why the apocalyptic moody sky?

The photo has been exposed for retaining detail in the background, at the foreground's expense, which in turn has been lit and exposed by a single light large light source, probably a soft box, from up high on camera left.

Simple and effective lighting to make for a dramatic male portrait. The foreground is slightly over exposed, rending highlights a bit too bright for my liking mind and they probably should have taken some more or used a shot where he had both his eyes fully open.

...oh sorry...was getting carried away with the details. Anyway, this type of set up makes for an apocalyptic moody sky. ;)
Login to get fewer ads

at last Hoilett is official on 13:17 - Jul 27 with 2223 viewsNeil_SI

at last Hoilett is official on 13:09 - Jul 27 by MedwayR

Personally I think Taarabt & Zamora will be rotated as Cisse's partner up front, Taarabt doesn't really perform away from home and Zamora holds the ball up well too which helps when playing away games. In a 442 or 4411 we have plenty of options.

GK: Green/Cerny/Murphy
RB: Onouha/Fabio
CB: Ferdinand/Onouha
CB: Hill/Nelsen
LB: Fabio/Traore/Hill
RM: Park/SWP/Mackie
CM: Diakite/Barton/Derry
CM: Faurlin/Park
LM: Hoillett/Taarabt/Traore
CF/AM: Taarabt/Zamora
CF: Cisse/Johnson/Mackie

Plus possibly Young, Ephraim, Bothroyd, Helguson and the youngsters like Ehmer & Doughty.

Then you have the likes of Smith, Campbell & Hulse hanging around still...

It will be very interesting to see how he sets the strikers up, we have lots of options than impact them and their combinations, both in 4-5-1 or 4-4-2.

I'm none the wiser as to what Hughes will do at the top end of the pitch, but Cissé's class means he's surely the front runner for the majority with the rest playing second fiddle, but you never know. It may work out very differently to that.

I think he'll have a hard time keeping some of those players happy though, they are all the kind of players that want game time.
at last Hoilett is official on 13:21 - Jul 27 with 2208 viewsisawqpratwcity

at last Hoilett is official on 13:15 - Jul 27 by Neil_SI

The photo has been exposed for retaining detail in the background, at the foreground's expense, which in turn has been lit and exposed by a single light large light source, probably a soft box, from up high on camera left.

Simple and effective lighting to make for a dramatic male portrait. The foreground is slightly over exposed, rending highlights a bit too bright for my liking mind and they probably should have taken some more or used a shot where he had both his eyes fully open.

...oh sorry...was getting carried away with the details. Anyway, this type of set up makes for an apocalyptic moody sky. ;)

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

at last Hoilett is official on 13:25 - Jul 27 with 2170 viewsRBlock

at last Hoilett is official on 13:00 - Jul 27 by BasingstokeR

Not ganging up - but agree with this!

oh god, its getting Cliquey again!
at last Hoilett is official on 13:26 - Jul 27 with 2167 viewsRodneysgongger

not one for naming plants after players either.........so here is a picture of.....

my Queens Hydrangea

oh dear

Oh Dear

at last Hoilett is official on 13:27 - Jul 27 with 2156 viewsWestbourneR

But Northern you are making this about 'like' and 'dislike'. Its all too emotive.

I am saying its about ability.

Mackie lacks ability to be a in the starting eleven for an ambitious Prem team for my mind.

I don't mind grafters in certan positions but a Wing Forward needs to have skill crossing and passing.

at last Hoilett is official on 13:29 - Jul 27 with 2138 viewsJonDoeman

at last Hoilett is official on 13:26 - Jul 27 by Rodneysgongger

not one for naming plants after players either.........so here is a picture of.....

my Queens Hydrangea

oh dear

Well done for FcKing the page up!

It Is What It Is !!

at last Hoilett is official on 13:30 - Jul 27 with 2126 viewsWestbourneR

at last Hoilett is official on 13:25 - Jul 27 by RBlock

Haha - sadly Rblock my clique only has one member 1. It's a very tight knit clique.

The Mackie lovers are kinder than me then. They want Jamie to get the go he has worked so hard for. He is a model pro - unlike Barton.

Personally I feel he runs down blind alleys and there are only so many times the ball will luckily bounce of back of somebody's shin as you set off an pretty unsophicticated run.

at last Hoilett is official on 13:31 - Jul 27 with 2119 viewsPinnerPaul

at last Hoilett is official on 13:17 - Jul 27 by Neil_SI

It will be very interesting to see how he sets the strikers up, we have lots of options than impact them and their combinations, both in 4-5-1 or 4-4-2.

I'm none the wiser as to what Hughes will do at the top end of the pitch, but Cissé's class means he's surely the front runner for the majority with the rest playing second fiddle, but you never know. It may work out very differently to that.

I think he'll have a hard time keeping some of those players happy though, they are all the kind of players that want game time.

The monthly BACs transfer at the end of every month should do it!
at last Hoilett is official on 13:34 - Jul 27 with 2093 viewsdermyqpr

Practice what you preach Neil. Your smiley..........................both eyes open ????????????????

at last Hoilett is official on 13:42 - Jul 27 with 2039 viewsTacticalR

Think of the shirt sales in Toronto.

Air hostess clique

at last Hoilett is official on 13:52 - Jul 27 with 1989 viewsWestbourneR

I think Park will play CM while we're waiting for Faurlin or Barton to return.

And if he plays 442 (Zamora will be expectin to play, as will Cisse and Johnson - they'd be better off competing to play in two spots rather than one) then it will be Taarabt on the left and Hoilett on the right.

at last Hoilett is official on 14:04 - Jul 27 with 1944 viewsFerdy

now confirmed 4 year deal
at last Hoilett is official on 14:04 - Jul 27 with 1943 viewsaustinqpr

QPR FC
HOILETT SIGNS: Mark Hughes has bolstered his attacking options with the signing of highly-rated Canadian starlet David ‘Junior’ Hoilett #QPR
at last Hoilett is official on 14:08 - Jul 27 with 1913 viewsKevinPR

at last Hoilett is official on 13:25 - Jul 27 by RBlock

Join the '3rd from the left' clique!

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_mb.php?m=v&t=59307#46
at last Hoilett is official on 14:12 - Jul 27 with 1880 viewsBklynRanger

Now officially official per the offish.

GGGOOOOOAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
at last Hoilett is official on 14:12 - Jul 27 with 1873 viewsWestbourneR

I'll happily join.

It's a slow burner but I think you might have made the right call there.

at last Hoilett is official on 14:13 - Jul 27 with 1865 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Why how splendid, a capital signing.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024