Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article 09:58 - Jan 3 with 6130 viewsnadera78

Or if he has he hasn't learned a thing from it. This is his latest tweet:

What u reckon. After all the attacks on me this is sweet. Long long way to go. Much to do. Long long way from safety but keep believing and enjoy the moment. RT @QPRh92: @tonyfernandes tony how much are you buzzing right now???

Attacks? He's got away remarkably lightly so far, mainly because he's a jovial chap and his predecessor was detested. He really needs to have a re-think or else the shambles will continue. One win, however magnificently enjoyable, does not alleviate the self-inflicted problems at the club.
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 14:35 - Jan 3 with 1103 viewsderbyhoop

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 10:12 - Jan 3 by Northernr

Twitter is a very useful tool for businesses to build their brand, publications to drive traffic, and famous people to put the sort of image and message that they want across from the horse's mouth. Fernandes uses it well.

However, 90% of the people on there have about a dozen people following them, never say anything of any interest at all and use it to follow people. Of those, a good portion seem to enjoy just mindlessly abusing people from behind the safety of their keyboard.

It's useful for LFW to increase traffic to the site which is why I'm on there, but really it is a hateful, vile thing.

It's the same as any other form of social media. If you're going to use it, treat it as sending a postcard to the world and don't put up anything you cannot defend or wouldn't say face to face. Even then, innocent people with a high public profile, even a local celebrity/name, can get dog's abuse off the ignorant.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 15:50 - Jan 3 with 1076 viewsnadera78

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 14:06 - Jan 3 by Antti_Heinola

your points make absolutely no sense, then. Here's the tweet you quoted:

'After all the attacks on me this is sweet. Long long way to go. Much to do. Long long way from safety but keep believing and enjoy the moment.'

Please tell me where he 'rejects advice'. All he's said here is that it's nice to get a victory after the 'attacks' - not the 'advice'.
Have a close look at the phrases ''long way to go' and 'much to do' and the recognition that we are a long way from safety and the plea to at least 'enjoy the moment'.

A large part of Northern's article concerned the behaviour and attitude of the club, and that stems directly from the owners and senior management. TF going onto Twitter after only our second win of the season and using that one game to have a pop at his 'attackers' suggests nothing will change. The problems outlined in the article are still there, they haven't disappeared because we won one game.

It was exactly with same in the summer with the misplaced triumphalism followed by the BS about our signings, the Asian tour, and predictions for the season ahead. They need to drop the BS, get their heads down and turn this failing club around. Reading, and understanding, Northern's article might help them do that.
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 16:30 - Jan 3 with 1055 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 15:50 - Jan 3 by nadera78

A large part of Northern's article concerned the behaviour and attitude of the club, and that stems directly from the owners and senior management. TF going onto Twitter after only our second win of the season and using that one game to have a pop at his 'attackers' suggests nothing will change. The problems outlined in the article are still there, they haven't disappeared because we won one game.

It was exactly with same in the summer with the misplaced triumphalism followed by the BS about our signings, the Asian tour, and predictions for the season ahead. They need to drop the BS, get their heads down and turn this failing club around. Reading, and understanding, Northern's article might help them do that.

How has he had a pop? He said it's nice to get a win after being given stick. So what? You are projecting here, nadera, making all kinds of assumptions. Having said that, I do agree with you about all the ludicrous #livingthedream #globalbrand BS pre-season - but that was mainly by IJ Taylor, who has, mercifully, reined that in, thank God.

Bare bones.

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 16:33 - Jan 3 with 1051 viewswood_hoop

TF is learning the hard way just how stupid some supporters can be, also no intelligence test required to send 'tweets' that may even be way off the mark.

No doubt is a useful tool for those who insist in leading their lives under the public gaze but for me it seems to cause as many problems as it does enlighten.

Forums are at least monitered and this one better than many, opinions can freely be given and Clive and his team on the whole do an excellent job of letting things flow, even when some of the posts have been authored by what seems an orang utan who has just had his first reading lesson.

TF would get a much clearer picture of the fanbase if he used the Fans Forum system used in the past and using the opportunity of speaking directly with those that may critisise but at least look them in the eye when put on the spot.

He it seems has not grasped that the supporters have something more important 'invested' than money in our club and though he maybe the current custodian of the clubs bank accounts, he did not buy the 'soul' of the club and does not understand we are not some conglomerate like many of the other football clubs seem to be heading.

Hard lessons on the horizon for TF if he thinks he's getting a hard time now, still in serious trouble, lasts nights result was a reprieve and just maybe HR has found a few pieces to the puzzle he has to solve, I really hope so but a tough few months lie ahead for all those involved with the club.

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 16:36 - Jan 3 with 1041 viewsTHEBUSH

I must admit I find the negative criticism of TF on this board pretty astounding.
It must be so easy to run a football club, anyone can do it, or so you'd think.
I'm glad I'm only a fan, who'd want to run a football club, only jovial chaps and the detested ?
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 16:40 - Jan 3 with 1029 viewstoboboly

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 16:36 - Jan 3 by THEBUSH

I must admit I find the negative criticism of TF on this board pretty astounding.
I'm glad I'm only a fan, who'd want to run a football club, only jovial chaps and the detested ?

I don't think people are saying it is easy. However the guy is, at best, extremely naive in what he says (tweets). Don't forget that we have only won twice in the league, are a long way from staying up and are paying Bosingwa £65k a week to sit on his arse.

There are more things wrong with the club now than in the summer.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 16:50 - Jan 3 with 1016 viewsNorthernr

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 16:33 - Jan 3 by wood_hoop

TF is learning the hard way just how stupid some supporters can be, also no intelligence test required to send 'tweets' that may even be way off the mark.

No doubt is a useful tool for those who insist in leading their lives under the public gaze but for me it seems to cause as many problems as it does enlighten.

Forums are at least monitered and this one better than many, opinions can freely be given and Clive and his team on the whole do an excellent job of letting things flow, even when some of the posts have been authored by what seems an orang utan who has just had his first reading lesson.

TF would get a much clearer picture of the fanbase if he used the Fans Forum system used in the past and using the opportunity of speaking directly with those that may critisise but at least look them in the eye when put on the spot.

He it seems has not grasped that the supporters have something more important 'invested' than money in our club and though he maybe the current custodian of the clubs bank accounts, he did not buy the 'soul' of the club and does not understand we are not some conglomerate like many of the other football clubs seem to be heading.

Hard lessons on the horizon for TF if he thinks he's getting a hard time now, still in serious trouble, lasts nights result was a reprieve and just maybe HR has found a few pieces to the puzzle he has to solve, I really hope so but a tough few months lie ahead for all those involved with the club.

Wood - Fans forums are important because message boards, Twitter etc tend to be populated by the most opinionated people. You can get a very false picture of the feelings of a support base by reading this or any other forum. Probably 80% of QPR fans don't use forums at all, and are probably much more mellow on certain issues. A fans forum does at least give a wider cross section of the support a chance to get together and have a say. Same danger with using Twitter for your feedback - we had 3,000 fans there last night, how many Tweet I wonder? 500? Probably not even that.

It's why I was always a bit uncomfortable with the 'fans rep' meetings where they had people who ran the websites, the supporters trust, the LSA etc come together. What makes me a fan rep just because I run this website? I don't agree with about 80% of what I read on here and people don't agree with about 80% of what I say, so why should I go along as a representative of you lot? It was, however, better than nothing.

The club should communicate regularly with its support base in a whole variety of ways. At Hull FC they have a fans forum 4 times a year with the head coach, Adam Pearson the owner, the captain of the team and another player, and no punches are pulled on either side. That's more about the team and the direction of the club in general. They also have a fans rep group made up of website editors and elected members called FC Voices who meet with the club once a month and pass on concerns or raise points - everything from price of beer at match to use of salary cap for squad, a problem with standing in a certain part of the ground, a problem with the park and ride, water pressure in the ladies toilets ( ) that sort of thing. And they have the head of media and communications on Twitter communicating with supporters whether the comments be good, bad, big issue, small issue. QPR should be doing this as a minimum.

Oh, and I should add that a lot of the Hull FC fans see even this as inadequate. They've no idea!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 17:20 - Jan 3 with 978 viewsBromleyHoop

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 16:36 - Jan 3 by THEBUSH

+1.

I think some supporters forget how lucky we are to have the board that we have. They may make mistakes but they're only human. TF doesn't actually get any free advertising for Air Asia by improving the training ground facilities and other off-field aspects of the club. Some people need to get a reality check.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Login to get fewer ads

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 17:27 - Jan 3 with 972 viewswood_hoop

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 16:50 - Jan 3 by Northernr

Wood - Fans forums are important because message boards, Twitter etc tend to be populated by the most opinionated people. You can get a very false picture of the feelings of a support base by reading this or any other forum. Probably 80% of QPR fans don't use forums at all, and are probably much more mellow on certain issues. A fans forum does at least give a wider cross section of the support a chance to get together and have a say. Same danger with using Twitter for your feedback - we had 3,000 fans there last night, how many Tweet I wonder? 500? Probably not even that.

It's why I was always a bit uncomfortable with the 'fans rep' meetings where they had people who ran the websites, the supporters trust, the LSA etc come together. What makes me a fan rep just because I run this website? I don't agree with about 80% of what I read on here and people don't agree with about 80% of what I say, so why should I go along as a representative of you lot? It was, however, better than nothing.

The club should communicate regularly with its support base in a whole variety of ways. At Hull FC they have a fans forum 4 times a year with the head coach, Adam Pearson the owner, the captain of the team and another player, and no punches are pulled on either side. That's more about the team and the direction of the club in general. They also have a fans rep group made up of website editors and elected members called FC Voices who meet with the club once a month and pass on concerns or raise points - everything from price of beer at match to use of salary cap for squad, a problem with standing in a certain part of the ground, a problem with the park and ride, water pressure in the ladies toilets ( ) that sort of thing. And they have the head of media and communications on Twitter communicating with supporters whether the comments be good, bad, big issue, small issue. QPR should be doing this as a minimum.

Oh, and I should add that a lot of the Hull FC fans see even this as inadequate. They've no idea!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Clive, I think you are being very modest , your views and your excellent written reports are in general agreed with by a much higher percentage than you may think.

This messageboard may not be a sounding board for the many thousands of fans we have but I think that the cross section of many hundreds do reflect views that are held by the silent majority.

Maybe a few years back message boards were primarly for just a small section of the fanbase and those with the loudest voices, but now the internet is so freely available and usage is a big part of daily life even supporters who may not feel the need to participate in the debates across the QPR boards the posts on them have a much wider audience and fans are a lot more informed as to how other fans feel.

It will always be difficult to decide just who should attend Fans Forums but those who invest time in running the messageboards and various supporters clubs are to me a good start for some of the places, I do agree we should have lot more of them but the way the club is being run it seems we will only get lip-service and facing the fans would be more of an irritant than an education.
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 17:50 - Jan 3 with 957 viewswood_hoop

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 17:20 - Jan 3 by BromleyHoop

+1.

I think some supporters forget how lucky we are to have the board that we have. They may make mistakes but they're only human. TF doesn't actually get any free advertising for Air Asia by improving the training ground facilities and other off-field aspects of the club. Some people need to get a reality check.

Lucky ......hmmm

TF saw a business opportunity and took the chance of trying to make money, he must be of the opinion his expertise in other fields could be transferred into the succesful running of the football world, jury still out on that one....

Wonder if he pays his pilots three times the going rate of other airlines who then proceed to crash land time after time.....

Any investment into better training facilities is more than welcome, the demise of our youth system is a disgrace and like many other clubs it is a sensible investment to try and nuture your own players and much more financially viable than spending millions in the transfer markets, as he has found out.

If it wasn't TF it would be someone else, plenty of entrepanours out there that feel they have the knowhow to make a success of running a football club, the rewards if getting it right in the Prem are now astronomical, TF has chanced his arm and will no doubt revel in the plaudits if HR manages to keep us up but I will have no sympathy if he dosn't.
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 17:57 - Jan 3 with 953 viewsNorthernr

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 17:27 - Jan 3 by wood_hoop

Clive, I think you are being very modest , your views and your excellent written reports are in general agreed with by a much higher percentage than you may think.

This messageboard may not be a sounding board for the many thousands of fans we have but I think that the cross section of many hundreds do reflect views that are held by the silent majority.

Maybe a few years back message boards were primarly for just a small section of the fanbase and those with the loudest voices, but now the internet is so freely available and usage is a big part of daily life even supporters who may not feel the need to participate in the debates across the QPR boards the posts on them have a much wider audience and fans are a lot more informed as to how other fans feel.

It will always be difficult to decide just who should attend Fans Forums but those who invest time in running the messageboards and various supporters clubs are to me a good start for some of the places, I do agree we should have lot more of them but the way the club is being run it seems we will only get lip-service and facing the fans would be more of an irritant than an education.

Well after my little meltdown at the weekend Ian from the press team did get in touch and I think we're going to have a sit down next week to discuss some of the concerns raised so I'll bring some of this up then.
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 19:49 - Jan 3 with 910 viewswestberksr

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 17:57 - Jan 3 by Northernr

Well after my little meltdown at the weekend Ian from the press team did get in touch and I think we're going to have a sit down next week to discuss some of the concerns raised so I'll bring some of this up then.

remember the first rule of fight club....

there are no rules!

demand a big trophy, executive role, Dave's old Bentley as a company car & choice of WAG

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 19:55 - Jan 3 with 904 viewsdanehoop

And don' settle for a Nando's meal this time. Go for the special membership card....

Never knowingly understood

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 20:26 - Jan 3 with 887 viewssmegma

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 19:55 - Jan 3 by danehoop

And don' settle for a Nando's meal this time. Go for the special membership card....

Insist on a loyalty card for Cooks Pie & Mash and an unlimited account.
Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 20:49 - Jan 3 with 866 viewsTHEBUSH

Fernandes Hasn't Read Clive's Article on 17:50 - Jan 3 by wood_hoop

Lucky ......hmmm

TF saw a business opportunity and took the chance of trying to make money, he must be of the opinion his expertise in other fields could be transferred into the succesful running of the football world, jury still out on that one....

Wonder if he pays his pilots three times the going rate of other airlines who then proceed to crash land time after time.....

Any investment into better training facilities is more than welcome, the demise of our youth system is a disgrace and like many other clubs it is a sensible investment to try and nuture your own players and much more financially viable than spending millions in the transfer markets, as he has found out.

If it wasn't TF it would be someone else, plenty of entrepanours out there that feel they have the knowhow to make a success of running a football club, the rewards if getting it right in the Prem are now astronomical, TF has chanced his arm and will no doubt revel in the plaudits if HR manages to keep us up but I will have no sympathy if he dosn't.

Crikey, sounds like you want TF to fail, so you can say, I told you so !!

I want TF and HR to succeed for QPR my team, I just hope all the money they've spent brings success.

Of course there are no guarantees, we could all be dead tomorrow !!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024