Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsen Wenger hypocrite 22:02 - Jan 25 with 1046 viewsloftboy

Slagging Newcastle for buying all these French players saying its bad for the game, didnt he once field a side without an Englishman in it?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Arsen Wenger hypocrite on 22:06 - Jan 25 with 1022 viewsTGRRRSSS

Really??????..... Thats incredible, besides he still brings in foreigners galore incredible he always said he was against signing someone based on his passport when asked about quotas and things.
Arsen Wenger hypocrite on 22:16 - Jan 25 with 999 viewsN12Hoop

Arsen Wenger hypocrite on 22:06 - Jan 25 by TGRRRSSS

Really??????..... Thats incredible, besides he still brings in foreigners galore incredible he always said he was against signing someone based on his passport when asked about quotas and things.

He's the wnker who started it all. Hoovering up French talent in particular and signing up youngsters who had been developed and nurtured by other clubs so he could stick them in the reserves and hope that 1 in 5 worked out. And then when they come good, moaning about the fact that all they wanted to do is go back overseas,e g Fabregas. Saying that, Newcastle are probably going to have a far harder time integrating all their Frenchman then Wenger did and hopefully it won;t happen until after they go down

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Arsen Wenger hypocrite on 22:19 - Jan 25 with 993 viewsxistens_pet

To be fair to the guy he has nurtured and given first team chances to more young English players than the majority of PL managers. Obviously he has brought in a lot of foreign players too but I'm not sure he can be singled out.

The Newcastle situation is almost parody so I'm sure everyone has been asked in their respective conferences.
Arsen Wenger hypocrite on 22:23 - Jan 25 with 971 viewsTGRRRSSS

Ashley Cole, Jack Wilshere, uhmmmmmmmmmmmm in 16 years how many English people??? Can't be more than 10 not counting likes of Seaman or Adams back in his early days.
Arsen Wenger hypocrite on 22:24 - Jan 25 with 964 viewsN12Hoop

Arsen Wenger hypocrite on 22:19 - Jan 25 by xistens_pet

To be fair to the guy he has nurtured and given first team chances to more young English players than the majority of PL managers. Obviously he has brought in a lot of foreign players too but I'm not sure he can be singled out.

The Newcastle situation is almost parody so I'm sure everyone has been asked in their respective conferences.

I'm not sure I agree. When you are one of the biggest clubs around, then the best of the young talent tends to end up on your books and therefore the chances are that some will make it. But how many Arsenal homegrown players have really come through in the last few years and are top quality? Wilshere is the obvious one, are there many else.? SAme argument goes for MAnure. IF your a talented youngster and they offer you a place in their youth set-up, you're unlikely to turn them down for Burnley or Stockport

Arsen Wenger hypocrite on 22:27 - Jan 25 with 957 viewsOakR

Did he really say he disagreed with Newcastle's foreign signings? I saw he said he thought the Jan transfer window should be limited to 2 players, but nothing about the nationality of players - is there a link to these comments? Wold certainly be odd for him to say that

Poll: Will we stay up?

Arsen Wenger hypocrite on 22:37 - Jan 25 with 940 viewsultramagnetic

Arsen Wenger hypocrite on 22:27 - Jan 25 by OakR

Did he really say he disagreed with Newcastle's foreign signings? I saw he said he thought the Jan transfer window should be limited to 2 players, but nothing about the nationality of players - is there a link to these comments? Wold certainly be odd for him to say that

That is all he said op twisted the words. If wenger did say it, it is a dig back at what pardew said about arsenal when he was west ham boss
Arsen Wenger hypocrite on 22:39 - Jan 25 with 934 viewsxistens_pet

Well I suppose in the immediate sense I was thinking of English players he had bought like Jenkinson, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, etc. Their academy is just a high quantity/low quality money spinner most of the time but produces the likes of Bothroyd, Connolly, Simpson, and those are just the players that we've picked up. A bit of research may uncover more but in the meantime it just seems a bit harsh when he always seemed like he was balancing the books between foreign and homegrown.
Login to get fewer ads

Arsen Wenger hypocrite on 23:24 - Jan 25 with 885 viewsloftboy

Arsen Wenger hypocrite on 22:27 - Jan 25 by OakR

I probably wasn't listening properly, so apologies if wrong, but it's still none of his business what other clubs do.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Arsen Wenger hypocrite on 15:34 - Jan 26 with 730 viewsderbyhoop

The first PL club to field a starting XI without any English players was ....

.... that detestable mob down the road.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Arsen Wenger hypocrite on 15:44 - Jan 26 with 713 viewsJamie

Arsen Wenger hypocrite on 22:23 - Jan 25 by TGRRRSSS

Ashley Cole, Jack Wilshere, uhmmmmmmmmmmmm in 16 years how many English people??? Can't be more than 10 not counting likes of Seaman or Adams back in his early days.

Cole, Wilshere, Hoyte, Bentley, Pennant, Muamba, Thomas, Stack, Taylor, Stokes, Gibbs, Lansbury, Frimpong, Bartley all gone on to play PL football in the last decade.
Arsen Wenger hypocrite on 16:01 - Jan 26 with 702 viewsN12Hoop

Arsen Wenger hypocrite on 15:44 - Jan 26 by Jamie

Cole, Wilshere, Hoyte, Bentley, Pennant, Muamba, Thomas, Stack, Taylor, Stokes, Gibbs, Lansbury, Frimpong, Bartley all gone on to play PL football in the last decade.

Other than the first 2, it's hardly a list of greats given that they probably get the pick of promising youngsters.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024