Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal 13:17 - Sep 23 with 14946 viewshammy

I think if we can beat the gunners on Saturday then we can be seen as serious contenders for a top 6 finish. It seems that the more regularly we play games then the better our passing game becomes within the whole squad; probably due to less time on the training ground and more time actually playing under pressure.

Let's hope we can sustain the level of play we have seen over the past week, get a win at Brum on Wednesday night, and go back to the Liberty to prepare for Arsenal.

This is turning into a really interesting season for us ;)

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Arsenal on 18:39 - Sep 23 with 4299 viewshooplehead

totally winnable

even sunderland had them rattled in the second half
Arsenal on 18:51 - Sep 23 with 4267 viewsDr_Winston

Got all the makings of a cracking game. Limit the influence of Ramsey & Ozil however and it's definitely winnable.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Arsenal on 19:15 - Sep 23 with 4226 viewsduckling

Beat the 'Arsenal' of spain last week, hope to see the Arsenal of england lose the same this week.
Arsenal on 19:26 - Sep 23 with 4209 viewsRogueTrooper

It will be tough but they have a weakness, Mertesaker plays like a five year old when the ball is on the ground and their keeper is one of the most iffy in the prem, they are good in attack but so are we and Chico and Ash can work miracles on their day. It will be an awesome game and very close, but winnable.

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Arsenal on 19:34 - Sep 23 with 4193 viewsFar_Post

This would be my line up

Vorm

Rangel Ash Chico Davies

Canas JDG

Dyer Michu Pablo (if fit)

Bony

Can't wait!!!

Blog: The C Word

Arsenal on 21:37 - Sep 23 with 4115 viewsSCB1985

if spurs win against chelsea earlier in the day, then Arsenal need to play out of their skins against us to keep the top spot, but same thing if chelsea beats spurs, but a score draw would be enough for arsenal then.

but;
either way it will be a hard game, but every year against top teams i'm confident when we play liverpool and arsenal.

we cant make any mistakes in this as we will get punished.

2-1 swans win i think

Poll: whats more important to you

Arsenal on 22:44 - Sep 23 with 4061 viewsJackanapes

I think we will either win or lose or maybe draw, depending on how many times we score as compared, viz as viz, the number of times they score. Maybe.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2013 22:45]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Arsenal on 22:53 - Sep 23 with 4051 viewssomersetsimon

Arsenal on 19:34 - Sep 23 by Far_Post

This would be my line up

Vorm

Rangel Ash Chico Davies

Canas JDG

Dyer Michu Pablo (if fit)

Bony

Can't wait!!!

Certainly need some control in midfield. Arsenal would punish any loose balls from Shelvey.
Login to get fewer ads

Arsenal on 22:57 - Sep 23 with 4037 viewsJackanapes

I think if they get the kick of we should use the Kings Indian/fianchetto defence.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Arsenal on 23:15 - Sep 23 with 4014 viewsJJ08

Arsenal on 22:53 - Sep 23 by somersetsimon

Certainly need some control in midfield. Arsenal would punish any loose balls from Shelvey.

Ridiculous.... Without Shelvey, Ramsey and Wilshere will boss the midfield. We need someone who's going to run with the ball and is strong. Wilshere will be booked in the first 20 mins of playing against Shelvey. You need to think a little bit before deciding Shelvey is the only player to make a loose pass. He brings so much more to the table. Despite his mistakes against Liverpool, they still couldn't handle him. Even Gerrard didn't know how to deal with him. You're far to negative about him.
Arsenal on 00:24 - Sep 24 with 3982 viewsepaul

Arsenal on 23:15 - Sep 23 by JJ08

Ridiculous.... Without Shelvey, Ramsey and Wilshere will boss the midfield. We need someone who's going to run with the ball and is strong. Wilshere will be booked in the first 20 mins of playing against Shelvey. You need to think a little bit before deciding Shelvey is the only player to make a loose pass. He brings so much more to the table. Despite his mistakes against Liverpool, they still couldn't handle him. Even Gerrard didn't know how to deal with him. You're far to negative about him.

Well said

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Arsenal on 01:53 - Sep 24 with 3928 viewsduckling

Arsenal on 22:44 - Sep 23 by Jackanapes

I think we will either win or lose or maybe draw, depending on how many times we score as compared, viz as viz, the number of times they score. Maybe.

You should be a prophet mate ;)
Arsenal on 06:48 - Sep 24 with 3854 viewsSwansNZ

Lump on!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Arsenal on 09:03 - Sep 24 with 3794 viewshammy

Arsenal on 18:51 - Sep 23 by Dr_Winston

Got all the makings of a cracking game. Limit the influence of Ramsey & Ozil however and it's definitely winnable.

Agree with this. If we can keep their midfield quiet then we are more than a match for their defence and will be able to score a couple of goals. Will be interesting to see how Bony goes against the lanky German and the penalty machine Belgian and Michu is going to be a flippin handful !

Been speaking to a couple of (sensible) Arsenal fans recently and they seem to think that their team is getting away with it in games at the moment, in that teams like Stoke, Sunderland, etc. are getting enough possession and chances to be able to win these games (but maybe don't have the quality / confidence to see it through).

I think if we play like we have in the last week then we are in with a real shout.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Arsenal on 13:51 - Sep 24 with 3684 viewsborinifanclub

Are you sure about that?
I used to be indecisive but now I am not so sure.

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Arsenal on 13:59 - Sep 24 with 3252 viewswr72

I think Wilshere and Walcott are out.I'd still take a point mind and continue our momentum.
Arsenal on 14:50 - Sep 24 with 3209 viewsUxbridge

Arsenal on 23:15 - Sep 23 by JJ08

Without Shelvey? Blimey. We're going to have to be organised for this one. Shelvey's been a bit of a liability on the defensive side this season. De Guz to start. Canas will prob get the nod as he's first choice it seems.

Still, going to be a cracking game. Hardly invincible though, and we have beaten them in the league in each of the last two seasons. Even the games we've lost have been by narrow margins. Really looking forward to it.

Haven't they won something like 10 away games on the bounce?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Arsenal on 15:31 - Sep 24 with 3184 viewsSkipTheJack

Shelvey or De Guzman in midfield is a really tough call for this match. I can't help thinking that if we play Michu, Bony and Shelvey together then we're going to lose some control of the midfield.
Arsenal on 17:00 - Sep 24 with 3107 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Think Britton will be back in for this one. Possibly alongside Canas for some stability then either Shelvey behind Michu or Mich behind Bony

Think our positioning will be vital after watching some of Arsenals movement over the first few games - especially Ramsay.

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Arsenal on 17:03 - Sep 24 with 3099 viewshammy

Arsenal on 15:31 - Sep 24 by SkipTheJack

Shelvey or De Guzman in midfield is a really tough call for this match. I can't help thinking that if we play Michu, Bony and Shelvey together then we're going to lose some control of the midfield.

Not sure he will leave Leon out for this one. He was unavailable for the Valencia game so not sure that Canas is seen as "first" choice.

I think ML will be mixing and matching the team throughout the season based on opponents primarily. This is the team he put out against Man Utd, so will be interesting to see if he goes with something similar against another top 4 team, but maybe the result will cause a change of style:-

01 Vorm
04 Chico
06 Williams
22 Rangel
33 Davies
07 Britton (Bony - 46' )
08 Shelvey
12 Dyer
15 Routledge (Pablo - 46' )
21 Canas Booked (Ki Sung-Yeung - 77' )
09 Michu

Personally would bring De Guzman in for Canas and Bony for Shelvey, with Michu moving back to second striker / attacking midfield.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024