Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dog Attacks 10:27 - Aug 7 with 6740 viewsCatullus

I have seen on the news the government wants to change the law regarding dangerous dogs.
As a (responsible) dog owner myself, I fully agree. The problem is rarely a bad dog, it's a bad owner. If a dog is aggressive, blame the owner for making it that way. Of course some doga are bred to be more aggressive. But even those dogs can be happy, loving animals if brought up properly.
So punish bad owners heavily. A longer jail term AND a fine. Unfortunately the dog will end up being destroyed because of the senseless, selfish morons who are to blame.
Rottweilers, Dobermans and German Shepherds will always be looked at as dangerous because of their size and they are the dog of choice for security guards. But we have all three breeds living close by and all those dogs are friendly and playful. Indeed the Rotty has adopted our son and has, on more than one occasion, placed himself between our son and other people walking past. Like a bodyguard.
I think, if a dog kills, the law should allow for the owner to face a charge of murder.
On a different note, I feel the same about drivers who break the law and kill!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Dog Attacks on 14:02 - Aug 8 with 3352 viewsBrynmill_Jack

A big part of this was losing the dog licence. If people had a sliding scale to pay vis a vis the more dangerous dog the higher the licence fee each year. And they would be subject to findings from the police in how appropriate the owner would be to look after such a dog, the environment would have to be ultra secure so the dog wouldn't be a danger to anyone.
It would put a lot off puppy farming if they had to pay the fee for each pup they raised, after all they would be selling at a profit so why not?
The elderly who just want a Yorkie/Jack Russell etc for company should not have to pay but must register their dog. Seem fair?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Dog Attacks on 14:42 - Aug 8 with 3335 viewstreboethjack

I totally agree with the o.p but regarding licenses, it's a good idea to go back to it although the only issue I see with it is that the type of person who specifically goes specifically looking to get an aggressive breed may be unlikely to bother getting a license anyway? I could be wrong but I fear that would be an issue.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Dog Attacks on 15:58 - Aug 8 with 3321 viewsAzzuriswan

Dog Attacks on 14:42 - Aug 8 by treboethjack

I totally agree with the o.p but regarding licenses, it's a good idea to go back to it although the only issue I see with it is that the type of person who specifically goes specifically looking to get an aggressive breed may be unlikely to bother getting a license anyway? I could be wrong but I fear that would be an issue.

Licences would be the obvious answer to the problem of dangerous dogs but unfortunately genuine owners would get them and those that didn't want to risk their dogs being found would not bother so you would still have the problem until there was an incident.
I would also say that in my experience dogs are only as nasty as they are allowed to be. I had a german shepherd a few years ago that was afraid of its own shadow but no stranger knew that..his best friend was a Doberman that would lick you to death.
Don't forget too that if a dog senses that you are afraid of them/it it will be less friendly!
Dog Attacks on 16:22 - Aug 8 with 3309 viewsmonkeymike

does anyone know the punishment for someone like that fat bitch in the paper recently, whos staffy pulled her into a front garden and it ripped the little dogs head of?

if people cant control a powerful dog they should not have it so i hope the law goes up on that side to, also when im walking my staffy down the woods , 8/10 times the other dogs there are of the lead, mine is on the lead for a reason he is not nasty but people would have more than enough to say if he was running around, what pisses me of is when they come running up to my dog and the owner is 100 ft or so away and does not even bother calling it....HE IS ON THE LEAD FOR A REASON and there is only so much i can to keep my dog still, while the other dog is darting back and for trying to bite him.

If I let him protect himself and he ripped the other dogs throat out, he would be the one put down and me in jail, i hope they do something about people letting them of the lead and not controlling them cause to be honest it pisses me of when a eel shit breath centowner lets their dog run riot, and i know i would get the blame if he got 1.
Dog Attacks on 16:33 - Aug 8 with 3303 viewsWolfie

Why anyone would want to own a dog that they had to keep on a lead for fear of it 'ripping another dogs throat out' is quite beyond me.

Give me my chocolate lab any day of the week.

Poll: What is your favourite colour on a pie chart?

Dog Attacks on 16:37 - Aug 8 with 3290 viewsexiledclaseboy

The problem with an aggressive dog is almost always an idiotic owner. Simple as that. My dog is small and inoffensive. but I can't let him off the lead because other stupid and irresponsible dog owners let their dogs run amok all over the place and have no power of recall over them. Consequently, I often get random dogs jumping all over mine while their owner strolls slowly up spouting some inanity like "Oh, it's ok, he only wants to play".

F*ck off. If you can't control your dog, if he or she won't come back to you when they're called and if they can't stay away from other dogs, keep them on the lead you dribbling halfwits.

Poll: Tory leader

Dog Attacks on 16:38 - Aug 8 with 3290 viewsmonkeymike

Dog Attacks on 16:33 - Aug 8 by Wolfie

Why anyone would want to own a dog that they had to keep on a lead for fear of it 'ripping another dogs throat out' is quite beyond me.

Give me my chocolate lab any day of the week.

thats the thing see you...im talking about 3 labs going for him
if they were on the lead and behaved like my dog , alot of attacks wouldnt happen, and im not in fear of him "ripping another dogs throat out " IF it happened you would have enough to say about it when its the owners fault for letting their dog of the lead and so close to one that is on the lead being walked properly

also labs attack more people than you think, you must be one of them people who think any big, nasty looking dog is shitter than yours
Dog Attacks on 16:39 - Aug 8 with 3285 viewsWolfie

Not "shittier" just more dangerous.

Login to get fewer ads

Dog Attacks on 16:41 - Aug 8 with 3277 viewsmonkeymike

Dog Attacks on 16:39 - Aug 8 by Wolfie

Not "shittier" just more dangerous.

need to open your eyes a bit you bias prick
Dog Attacks on 16:49 - Aug 8 with 3264 viewsWolfie

Yes, that papers are full of stories about labs, spaniels and beagles ravaging kids aren't they.

It's always the same breeds that you read about, whether it's their nature or their owners treatment is a separate question.

And saying that certain breeds are more likely to cause problems is totally different to saying every dog of a certain breed is dangerous.

You seem to be missing this important and obvious point here judging by your ultra defensive replies.

Dog Attacks on 16:53 - Aug 8 with 3234 viewsmonkeymike

Dog Attacks on 16:49 - Aug 8 by Wolfie

Yes, that papers are full of stories about labs, spaniels and beagles ravaging kids aren't they.

It's always the same breeds that you read about, whether it's their nature or their owners treatment is a separate question.

And saying that certain breeds are more likely to cause problems is totally different to saying every dog of a certain breed is dangerous.

You seem to be missing this important and obvious point here judging by your ultra defensive replies.

you know for a fact labs attack people and dogs, the papers are full of shit so are you for bringing them up thinking that is all that happens.

i cannot be bothered to read your bullshit so feck off or if you have got a problem bring your choco lab to meet my staff and lets record it and see him go for mine. problem solved and your stupid argument closed
Dog Attacks on 16:56 - Aug 8 with 3226 viewsmonkeymike

Dog Attacks on 16:53 - Aug 8 by monkeymike

you know for a fact labs attack people and dogs, the papers are full of shit so are you for bringing them up thinking that is all that happens.

i cannot be bothered to read your bullshit so feck off or if you have got a problem bring your choco lab to meet my staff and lets record it and see him go for mine. problem solved and your stupid argument closed

here you go anyway just to prove im right yes you do hear of it people just turn their head to it

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2013/01/07/labrador-attacks-girl-of-four/

http://www.henleystandard.co.uk/news/news.php?id=1295350

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2003849/Boy-3-left-horrific-facial-injur
Dog Attacks on 17:01 - Aug 8 with 3219 viewsWolfie

Oh, I'm petrified now. You've started swearing and everything. Obviously that means you've won the argument then.

I wouldn't let my dog within a hundred yards of yours by the sound of it. Actually I'd be more worried about you biting her than your dog. You sound like a right basket case.

Owners like you do nothing to improve the reputation of these dogs?

Dogs don't need licences, but people like you do.

Dog Attacks on 17:03 - Aug 8 with 3212 viewsWolfie

And I'm sure that if I put 'dog attack' into google I'd get a darn sight more than 3 examples from the usual breeds.

Dog Attacks on 17:06 - Aug 8 with 3209 viewsmonkeymike

Dog Attacks on 17:01 - Aug 8 by Wolfie

Oh, I'm petrified now. You've started swearing and everything. Obviously that means you've won the argument then.

I wouldn't let my dog within a hundred yards of yours by the sound of it. Actually I'd be more worried about you biting her than your dog. You sound like a right basket case.

Owners like you do nothing to improve the reputation of these dogs?

Dogs don't need licences, but people like you do.

im just pissed of you coming onto me on the internet, you followed me to another topic i posted on, you seem like a right prick , bet you don't even have a dog.

yeah i do plenty to improve the reputation of staffys, i keep him on a lead and he is with 2 teacup chihuahua all day, say what you want about them everyone else knows the truth. nice of you to comment on the pictures of the ladys arm, and kids face which was mauled by labs !! not so innocent after all are they
Dog Attacks on 17:07 - Aug 8 with 3204 viewsmonkeymike

Dog Attacks on 17:03 - Aug 8 by Wolfie

And I'm sure that if I put 'dog attack' into google I'd get a darn sight more than 3 examples from the usual breeds.

there is more than 3 there, i was just proving a point.
im about to take mine on a walk maybe i should take a few photos of all the other dogs running up to mine for you while not being called, especially the labs
Dog Attacks on 17:08 - Aug 8 with 3198 viewsWolfie

This is the first line of the first article that came up on a google search.

"As of May 25, 2013, the USA death count from dogs in 2013 is 14. Of these, 13 people were killed by pit bulls. In recent years, the dogs responsible for the bulk of the homicides are pit bulls and Rottweilers:"

Dog Attacks on 17:10 - Aug 8 with 3193 viewsmonkeymike

Dog Attacks on 17:08 - Aug 8 by Wolfie

This is the first line of the first article that came up on a google search.

"As of May 25, 2013, the USA death count from dogs in 2013 is 14. Of these, 13 people were killed by pit bulls. In recent years, the dogs responsible for the bulk of the homicides are pit bulls and Rottweilers:"

so you show me a american stat, and nothing to do with staffys

great job , pitbulls are banned here, and many people are selling pitbulls in the uk claiming they are staffys, there is plenty on the internet which does not help their rep either.
Dog Attacks on 17:13 - Aug 8 with 3190 viewsWolfie

You seem to be under the delusion that I'm specifically talking about your staffie. In reality I couldn't give a stuff about you or your dog.

Do you really want to go down the statistics route to prove your point? Please do it'll be great fun.

Dog Attacks on 17:20 - Aug 8 with 3188 viewsWolfie

And just to top it off, here's the most recent statistics I could find for the UK:

http://www.dogbiteclaims.co.uk/dangerous-breeds.html

The top ten least aggressive dogs:

Labrador Retriever
Rhodesian Ridgeback
Poodle
Greyhound
Whippet
Brittany Spaniel
Siberian Husky
Golden Retriever
Havanese
Portuguese water dog

Still want to keep arguing?

Dog Attacks on 17:53 - Aug 8 with 3173 viewsW_Hunt

Dog Attacks on 17:20 - Aug 8 by Wolfie

And just to top it off, here's the most recent statistics I could find for the UK:

http://www.dogbiteclaims.co.uk/dangerous-breeds.html

The top ten least aggressive dogs:

Labrador Retriever
Rhodesian Ridgeback
Poodle
Greyhound
Whippet
Brittany Spaniel
Siberian Husky
Golden Retriever
Havanese
Portuguese water dog

Still want to keep arguing?

He's pork, Wolfie. Prime pork.
Dog Attacks on 18:31 - Aug 8 with 3143 viewsmonkeymike

your list is a load of rubbish

and to be honest i dont want to argue online to some one sided prick if you have got a problem with me come and meet me or will you be lost without your paper quotes and internet findings, if not feck of i have told you

1 woman down the park - 3 labs with her-2 of them of the lead, what the feck is she going to do to control 3 dogs if 1 of them flips?
1 old man - 1 lab of the lead came up to my dogs face- again why is he coming so close to my dog? keep him on the fing lead
1 woman -1 choco lab of the lead
1 old man again - 1 lab of the lead fully extended to us
1 man- 1 german shepherd on the lead

anyway goodbye
Dog Attacks on 19:01 - Aug 8 with 3141 viewsWolfie

So what you're saying is that you saw 5 labs being walked off the lead. Surely it must have been carnage.

Oh no, wait nothing happened. What a shocker.

Dog Attacks on 19:37 - Aug 8 with 3123 viewsmonkeymike

Dog Attacks on 19:01 - Aug 8 by Wolfie

So what you're saying is that you saw 5 labs being walked off the lead. Surely it must have been carnage.

Oh no, wait nothing happened. What a shocker.

Came up to the face of my dog, I'm walking my dog on the lead I don't want some other persons dog coming up to me, how do they know 110 percent that dog won't attack , they don't. Should be on the fcking lead. Anyway don't reply to me you totally blanked the chance to sort your problem with me out, instead continued to be a prick in your message.

Go read your bible and eat some bread and water
Dog Attacks on 19:44 - Aug 8 with 3121 viewsexiledclaseboy

I've got some sympathy with Mikey here. If there are five dogs running round with an owner with no control over them and these dogs are in the face of his dog, it's f*cking annoying as I said above. The breed is irrelevant in that context. Can't control your dog, keep them on the lead. Simple,

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024