Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We apparently stole their thunder..... 20:44 - Sep 23 with 4088 viewsGroo

..... if you have it on you could you please give it back.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2/2985399/ShowPost.aspx#29853

Jimmy Smith

Top 150 Posts
Joined on 16/11/2005
Posts 3,922
Re: Oh so wonderful Swansea vs Oh so awful us

New Boy, They played the odd cup game more last season, (2 more than us) yes, but in Europe for the first time, they will play at least 10 more games than us. The time they'll get tired will be just after Christmas. I guess we'll see if they can stand up to that.

My initial post was before the Europa league last night. The new post doesn't change my opinion that they will find the league tougher going this time round.

Laudrup is doing slightly better, but not to the levels people are making out. They got the same points last season and so the difference was the quarter final win they got, the semi and the final win ve Bradford, it's not that much.

My point still stands that despite there being little difference in our progress in the last 5 years, they seem to have massively stolen our thunder and people should not get carried away and think Swansea are some kind of big hitters. They are as fragile as the rest of us bar the top 7 (Everton included in them).
[Post edited 23 Sep 2013 20:45]

Groo does what Groo does best

We apparently stole their thunder..... on 20:49 - Sep 23 with 4036 viewsDr_Winston

They've been bitching about that since we came up. If they wanted to be loved they shouldn't have appointed Chris Hughton.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

We apparently stole their thunder..... on 20:52 - Sep 23 with 4009 viewsWatchman

truly sad when your ego is pricked in public

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

We apparently stole their thunder..... on 20:54 - Sep 23 with 3991 viewsJonTheJack

Despite the majority on that thread seeing sense with what we (both) have achieved; since we were in the Championship together, I've had a raging desire to smash five past them every game.

After our recent success, this has now become smash four past them every game.
We apparently stole their thunder..... on 21:04 - Sep 23 with 3917 viewsJokeren1943

Many of them seem to be angry about that Norwich do not get the attention we get even though Norwich has almost got as many points in the Premier League as we have had.

But they fail to realise that people do not like us because the points we are getting.

People like Swansea because our club plays beautiful football.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2013 21:04]
We apparently stole their thunder..... on 21:05 - Sep 23 with 3905 viewsDevz00

We had a favourable cup run last season? I thought we beat Liverpool away (the cup holders at the time) and the European Champions, Chelsea, over 2 legs?

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

We apparently stole their thunder..... on 21:06 - Sep 23 with 3890 viewsWatchman

We apparently stole their thunder..... on 21:05 - Sep 23 by Devz00

We had a favourable cup run last season? I thought we beat Liverpool away (the cup holders at the time) and the European Champions, Chelsea, over 2 legs?

minor details Devz minor details

We apparently stole their thunder..... on 21:10 - Sep 23 with 3857 viewsDevz00

To be fair, it's only the odd one or two on there that seem bitter. The rest have accepted it and are praising us.

One of them seems slightly deluded though when he says we've raided spain for mediocre players and splashing out on 'ego' players?!

"I think Swansea look more dangerous going forward than us! Swansea in my eyes have thrown a bit of money towards players, say may say we have but we've built out team ad to say our highest transfer fee is £8.5m isn't that large when you compare it to Bony for 13m now I know people are gonna say there different types of strikers and the rest of it but I see us as on par with Swansea, we've built from league 1 kept with them players up until this season but we've moved with the times and built careful, don't get me wrong but Swansea are very good pass and move wise but were very good at home and our lads all play for each other, Swansea have a few ego players and just raid the Spanish league for mediocre players. And I think our board is better as nobody seem to mess us about like Chelsea after ruddy! We're very shrewd in our business and our board has always backed us and delia has been there through thick and thin! We're a true team and family of supporters and club!"

Some mental opinions on that one.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

We apparently stole their thunder..... on 21:12 - Sep 23 with 3824 viewsWatchman

11 Michu egos will do me just fine

Login to get fewer ads

We apparently stole their thunder..... on 21:15 - Sep 23 with 3800 viewsDevz00

We apparently stole their thunder..... on 21:12 - Sep 23 by Watchman

11 Michu egos will do me just fine

Mediocre Michu's with ego's.

We apparently stole their thunder..... on 09:30 - Sep 24 with 3064 viewssunshinehead

We are continually overachieving and improving, whereas they are not. Simples.
We apparently stole their thunder..... on 18:06 - Sep 24 with 2516 viewsSenhin

We apparently stole their thunder..... on 21:10 - Sep 23 by Devz00

To be fair, it's only the odd one or two on there that seem bitter. The rest have accepted it and are praising us.

One of them seems slightly deluded though when he says we've raided spain for mediocre players and splashing out on 'ego' players?!

"I think Swansea look more dangerous going forward than us! Swansea in my eyes have thrown a bit of money towards players, say may say we have but we've built out team ad to say our highest transfer fee is £8.5m isn't that large when you compare it to Bony for 13m now I know people are gonna say there different types of strikers and the rest of it but I see us as on par with Swansea, we've built from league 1 kept with them players up until this season but we've moved with the times and built careful, don't get me wrong but Swansea are very good pass and move wise but were very good at home and our lads all play for each other, Swansea have a few ego players and just raid the Spanish league for mediocre players. And I think our board is better as nobody seem to mess us about like Chelsea after ruddy! We're very shrewd in our business and our board has always backed us and delia has been there through thick and thin! We're a true team and family of supporters and club!"

Some mental opinions on that one.

Is it just me or does Bony's fee increase every time a pundit mentions it? I swear it was more like 11.75m - 12m or soemthing 0_o

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

We apparently stole their thunder..... on 18:10 - Sep 24 with 2503 viewsDyfnant

Jealous much

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

We apparently stole their thunder..... on 18:52 - Sep 24 with 2377 viewsmonmouth

We apparently stole their thunder..... on 18:10 - Sep 24 by Dyfnant

Jealous much

and inbred much.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024