Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
iPad equivalent 10:05 - Oct 4 with 3872 viewscupidstunt

With Christmas around the corner I got 2 young kids that are after iPads. These would mainly be used for google and games. Any other equivalent tablets out there that would do the same?

I understand that Tesco have just brought out their own and are selling for around £140

Any help appreciated.
iPad equivalent on 10:12 - Oct 4 with 3866 viewsLord_Bony

Whatever you do don t buy from abroad on e bay.

I bought 3 last Christmas from china advertised as I pads.
When they come back they were a pile of crap almost unusable. At £80 each should have realised they were nt genuine..my bad

Tescoes would be good for tablets and they give an exchange if not suitable.

But can t beat the real thing though...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

iPad equivalent on 10:23 - Oct 4 with 3850 viewsBaker

Got exactly the same dilemma, pal.

Not a fan of apple products, so looking close at those Google Nexus 7's. They look the bollox TBF.

Only thing I'm worrying about is that if I get them a Nexus (which i probably will) all the spoilt ipad c*nts in their class will rip the piss out of them.

As regards the Tesco tablet, I wouldn't buy their own brand beans, let alone their electronic gadgetry - Avoid.

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

iPad equivalent on 10:31 - Oct 4 with 3844 viewsepaul

Argos sell a tablet by Cnm( a welsh co), 10" screen 16gb built in, it's a little cracker £149 beer tokens. Th charger part broke (think it was my fault) I rang them, they picked it up next day all back working perfect within 2 days, no questions asked, wicked service

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

iPad equivalent on 12:00 - Oct 4 with 3818 viewslifelong

Tesco has brought out the Hudl, it's £119 pretty basic but ideal for kids. They are selling like hot cakes apparently.

If you know anyone working in Tesco they are giving a 20% discount to all staff this week.

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0SO80nank5SJUsAf5xXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzNmtqcGRxBHN
[Post edited 4 Oct 2013 12:03]
iPad equivalent on 12:23 - Oct 4 with 3798 viewsSnowgoon

iPad equivalent on 12:00 - Oct 4 by lifelong

Tesco has brought out the Hudl, it's £119 pretty basic but ideal for kids. They are selling like hot cakes apparently.

If you know anyone working in Tesco they are giving a 20% discount to all staff this week.

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0SO80nank5SJUsAf5xXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzNmtqcGRxBHN
[Post edited 4 Oct 2013 12:03]

This

Or the Kindle Fire HD

Listen, you f*cking fringe, if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking, and I'll cut your f*cking Jacobs off

iPad equivalent on 12:33 - Oct 4 with 3782 viewsLord_Bony

I really don t think a kindle is in the same league as an I pad def not for teenagers.

You can get the kindle app free on most tablets don t see the point of having one.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

iPad equivalent on 14:10 - Oct 4 with 3749 viewsDyfnant

Don't mess about with all that other crap. Got ours the iPad mini's last year, around £100 cheaper than the normal one.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

iPad equivalent on 14:21 - Oct 4 with 3735 viewsDarran

iPad equivalent on 14:10 - Oct 4 by Dyfnant

Don't mess about with all that other crap. Got ours the iPad mini's last year, around £100 cheaper than the normal one.

Is the correct answer.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

iPad equivalent on 14:31 - Oct 4 with 3724 viewslifelong

iPad equivalent on 14:10 - Oct 4 by Dyfnant

That's all well and good but they are about £150 more, meaning that if you have got a couple of kids it could be very expensive.

Some people,sometimes, have got to look for the cheaper option.
iPad equivalent on 14:35 - Oct 4 with 3713 viewsDarran

iPad equivalent on 14:31 - Oct 4 by lifelong

That's all well and good but they are about £150 more, meaning that if you have got a couple of kids it could be very expensive.

Some people,sometimes, have got to look for the cheaper option.

You can't scrimp when it comes down to your children you tight old bastard.

iPad equivalent on 14:42 - Oct 4 with 3700 viewslifelong

iPad equivalent on 14:35 - Oct 4 by Darran

You can't scrimp when it comes down to your children you tight old bastard.

Me tight

Silly man.
iPad equivalent on 14:46 - Oct 4 with 3691 viewsDarran

iPad equivalent on 14:42 - Oct 4 by lifelong

Me tight

Silly man.

I think you should buy them for his kids for Christmas,how wonderful would that be,season of goodwill and all that.

iPad equivalent on 15:39 - Oct 4 with 3656 viewsTheFranchise

My 7 year old has an Asus MeMo Pad 7 HD, it's very good for the money. 16Gb, really good battery and a good camera.
iPad equivalent on 09:28 - Oct 5 with 3590 viewsjacksinceever

iPad equivalent on 10:23 - Oct 4 by Baker

Got exactly the same dilemma, pal.

Not a fan of apple products, so looking close at those Google Nexus 7's. They look the bollox TBF.

Only thing I'm worrying about is that if I get them a Nexus (which i probably will) all the spoilt ipad c*nts in their class will rip the piss out of them.

As regards the Tesco tablet, I wouldn't buy their own brand beans, let alone their electronic gadgetry - Avoid.

Tesco make some excellent electronic goods.
Also as someone else said if you have problems you can take it back far easier than say Argos or PC World.
Don't buy into this "I won't buy the own brand" crap - if it does the job then your quids in.
Just for games & Google highly recommend Blackberry tablet.
Relatively cheap and is a recognised make - win win situation.
iPad equivalent on 09:58 - Oct 5 with 3578 viewsBaker

iPad equivalent on 09:28 - Oct 5 by jacksinceever

Also as someone else said if you have problems you can take it back far easier than say Argos or PC World.
Don't buy into this "I won't buy the own brand" crap - if it does the job then your quids in.

So you don't buy into branding although you recommend the Blackberry which is a recognised make?

Oh, and as for tesco's gadgetry returns dept - they are the most evasive set of c*nts known to man.

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

iPad equivalent on 11:42 - Oct 5 with 3554 viewsUxbridge

IPads are a tax on stupidity.

If you're after a 7" then the Nexus is as good as it gets. For 10" then I'd head towards the Galaxy Note. If feeling brave then plenty of decent Chinese makes (especially the comedy named Ainol) but do your research.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

iPad equivalent on 11:44 - Oct 5 with 3546 viewsUxbridge

iPad equivalent on 09:28 - Oct 5 by jacksinceever

Yep the Playbook is a superb tablet for the money and if you're just using it for watching video and browsing. Apps? Not so much. It ain't Android. Mine still gets used though. Can pick them up for around 80 quid these days too.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2013 11:44]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

iPad equivalent on 12:48 - Oct 5 with 3524 viewsjacksinceever

iPad equivalent on 09:58 - Oct 5 by Baker

So you don't buy into branding although you recommend the Blackberry which is a recognised make?

Oh, and as for tesco's gadgetry returns dept - they are the most evasive set of c*nts known to man.

Last January Tesco's wasn't on the market, apart from the Nexus the Blackberry was the cheapest one which did what the young kid wanted and had got decent reviews.
I've bought loads of electronic goods down the years from Tesco's. Keep the receipts and if they go faulty never had a problem getting a refund or exchange.
iPad equivalent on 14:24 - Oct 5 with 3505 viewsJackfath

Kindle Fire HD

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024