Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. 17:28 - Dec 28 with 9088 viewsSwanfan1

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 15:49 - Dec 31 with 716 viewsbigbony

I truly believe that bony will score a lot more goals when he's played along side michu. Bony has no other player that can slip the final ball through to him, don't get me wrong I like shelvey, de guz and pozuelo (our 3 other atticking centre midfielders) but those are players that will shoot on site! That look to have theball back off the strikers rather than the trough ball And when in and around the area they will go it alone as for michu he will look for the one two and he will look to play others in and unlock the defence as well as have a go himself.

When michu isn't in the team we resort to a lot of long rang shots and that's not through the lake of movement by bony/Vazquez it's because we have got two central midfielders that like to have a go. I also think that the poor form from our wingers have nt helped. They've been behind play when the ball reaches bony which means that's all bonys got is to hold the ball up or lay in back.

In my opinion when michu is not available the only one other player (when on form) I believe we have to find the final ball in to bony is routledge. I still think routledges best position is in the middle just off the striker and when michu is fit routledge has no chance of starting there. We played our best football last year with three wingers on the pitch, routledges , dyer and Hernandez...
Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 16:09 - Dec 31 with 698 viewsCatullus

I read as far as this and that was enough. This is exactly what I've been saying for ages. When Lamah has played Bony looks more like scoring as Lamah at least tries to get in behind defenders and pull the ball back. This is what our wide players need to do. If we don't do this then no striker we buy is going to score many as the place any decent striker wants the ball is in front of him inside the box. Constantly having the ball outside the area, back to goal must be demoralising. Even RVP would find that hard.
When Bony scored against Stoke it was because we got around the back and crossed quickly.
I've been chirping on about our performances, saying something isn't right and I've decided it must be our confidence. We don't try things, we don't take the risks that we should (through balls, crosses etc) and because of that we aren't scoring enough.
We have been lucky enough (or maybe actually good enough) to pick up 21 points in 19 games despite generally less exciting performances. If we can go out and make more chances, and Bony actually has a run of games scoring (not just a game at a time) I believe we can have a great finish to the season. We have the quality. We just need the confidence.
So to precis, I think Bony is good enough. Vasquez is a different story though. I don't rate him, not in this league. We do need another striker, someone to push Bony harder. We also need Hernandez to show his true quality consistently. I think he's only running at 50% and maybe (again) it's confidence. I'm not sure why, but something is definitely off.
We were much better against Villa and deserved 3 points, lets give the Mancs something to think about tomorrow, lets run them ragged, lets give their goalie a hard afternoon!! We CAN do it, I know I've been a doubter recently but I still believe we are capable of giving ANY team in this league a run for their money!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 20:48 - Dec 31 with 661 viewsDavillin

This has been one exceptional thread, where nearly everyone agrees in a general way about a player and his contribution.

In briefest summary, Bony is a good striker who, for some reason, is not being played to his strengths, and if and when he is, will score goals in numbers.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024