Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
swanseaona style 19:29 - Feb 13 with 2319 viewslibertine

So it is official our current style of play is not working and we have an excess of midfield players fit.

why not try nd play the Barcelona style of not official striker and instead a strong midfield ???

could this work?
swanseaona style on 14:32 - Feb 14 with 2232 viewsEdmundo

Yes of course, but maybe back to total possession, walk it in the net stuff!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

swanseaona style on 14:38 - Feb 14 with 2229 viewsexiledclaseboy

Last week it was official that we are boring to watch and now it's apparently official that our current style of play is not working and "we have an excess of midfield players fit" (whatever the f*ck that means).

I'm intrigued. What is the accreditation process to make such things official? Are there forms to fill in? A panel to study the evidence and make a judgement? Is there an "official" trade body?

Poll: Tory leader

swanseaona style on 14:59 - Feb 14 with 2174 viewsParlay

swanseaona style on 14:38 - Feb 14 by exiledclaseboy

Last week it was official that we are boring to watch and now it's apparently official that our current style of play is not working and "we have an excess of midfield players fit" (whatever the f*ck that means).

I'm intrigued. What is the accreditation process to make such things official? Are there forms to fill in? A panel to study the evidence and make a judgement? Is there an "official" trade body?

Do you think its working then?

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

swanseaona style on 15:01 - Feb 14 with 2182 viewsSTEVE1

Right at the very start of football in the late 1800s they developed a system to judge who were the best sides in that season it is still going today it is called a league table and at this point we are 9th out of 20 teams in the premier league.
swanseaona style on 15:02 - Feb 14 with 2178 viewsJackanapes

We stopped playing Swansalona when Laudrup got here. I think we should inform the slower folks of that.
And we stopped playing Laudrupball a year before Laudrup left.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2015 15:03]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

swanseaona style on 16:06 - Feb 14 with 2087 viewslibertine

is it no true that the swagger has gone?????

what would you do, wait until next season when the rot has fully set in and there is nothing to do, you cannot honestly say we are now doing well.

we are only here because we started off really well.

why not use our midfield to our advantage rather than sub them or put them in unsuitable positions??
swanseaona style on 16:21 - Feb 14 with 2063 viewssixpenses

swanseaona style on 15:01 - Feb 14 by STEVE1

Right at the very start of football in the late 1800s they developed a system to judge who were the best sides in that season it is still going today it is called a league table and at this point we are 9th out of 20 teams in the premier league.

Good point.

So actually it does not matter a damn where we are now, it is where we are after 38 games.

Hovever the professional approach to any race would be to course correct if we appear to be rapidly going down hill (unless of course it is a downhill race). This would include taking into account where we are now, any difficulties that led to that, and the difficulty of the games ahead. It would also involve considering the impact on the team and the future of the club in allowing any difficulties to continue or escalate. Just as they did when they sacked our previous manager at the end of the transfer window (with a team just returning to fitness from massive key ongoing injuries with easier games to come and a much reduced fixture load).

Now back to the decline in our style and results to a point that over the last 5 1/2 months months and with a much stronger team, far less injuries and very significantly less crammed fixture lists; we have just 1 point more, than the manager we sacked last year, achieved in the same number of games in the 5+ months immediately before he was sacked. Despite also managing to keep our amazing European run going, beating ManU at OT for the first time in our history to keep us in the FA Cup whilst dealing with disruptive senior players.

Whilst the Swansea style seems to have been eroded to such an extent that at the home match against Chelsea it seemed to literally take for it's inspiration Jacknapes favourite Disney Movie Frozen. Unfortunately although a low it was not atypical as an approach.

Of course the Swansalona tag was dropped when Laudrup came to quote Ash

“We still like to play football, but the new manager has changed our style and we’re a bit more direct and attacking.”

But is was just a tag and has different meanings to different people. For many it or the Swansea way reflects a possession based game (which has declined considerably) but also the high tempo intuitive passing (which Monk has made quite clear he is concerned that this is not being achieved). The ability to make fast accurate passes and not be caught in possession (or having to stare around to see if anyone really wants the ball at all) to both retain the ball and attack.Plus the co-ordinated pressing to retain the ball once it is lost

One thing the Swansea Way is not, as a plan A, is sitting incredibly deep to repeatedly invite pressure. Kicking the ball up the field just to get it away for it to immediately return. Nor is it a disconnect where players are afraid to move or take on the ball with no cohesive shape in movement or in ball retrieval.
swanseaona style on 16:30 - Feb 14 with 2055 viewsshimmie

swanseaona style on 16:06 - Feb 14 by libertine

is it no true that the swagger has gone?????

what would you do, wait until next season when the rot has fully set in and there is nothing to do, you cannot honestly say we are now doing well.

we are only here because we started off really well.

why not use our midfield to our advantage rather than sub them or put them in unsuitable positions??

Ill tell you what happens to a team like ours who's very unlikely to finish any higher than where we are (that's not defeatist, it's just reality). The target every season is survival. When that's achieved or very close to it they ease off. Maybe only 2or3% but they do. Then performances drop and results like Wednesday happen.
With the talent we have in the squad the chances are if we got off to a poor start performances would've improved around the middle of the season. And so it continues.....
Login to get fewer ads

swanseaona style on 16:34 - Feb 14 with 2046 viewsmonmouth

"Swagger"

LMAO

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

swanseaona style (n/t) on 16:38 - Feb 14 with 2037 viewsshimmie

swanseaona style on 16:34 - Feb 14 by monmouth

"Swagger"

LMAO

I cringed at that comment myself.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2015 16:38]
swanseaona style (n/t) on 17:49 - Feb 14 with 1981 viewslibertine

swanseaona style (n/t) on 16:38 - Feb 14 by shimmie

I cringed at that comment myself.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2015 16:38]

I cringe at your naivety,

bury your head deeper into the ground it still will not help!

swagger meaning confident attitude to passing the ball, even when losing there is a way to lose , especially when playing against similarly placed teams, !etting blasted by chelski is just part of the game its expected but there is a way to lose.

I made a suggestion of playing to our strengths, our strengths at the moment are midfield so why not play Barcelona style with no targeted striker?

make a better suggestion oh wise one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
swanseaona style on 15:03 - Feb 22 with 1738 viewslibertine

I'm glad GM listened to this bit of intelligence
swanseaona style on 15:12 - Feb 22 with 1687 viewsshimmie

swanseaona style on 15:03 - Feb 22 by libertine

By not playing a striker as you suggested? Who was that big black dreadlocked fella who got awarded the goal then?
swanseaona style on 15:20 - Feb 22 with 1649 viewsjack247

swanseaona style on 15:03 - Feb 22 by libertine

We played a 442 diamond

Fab
Kyle Fed Ash Taylor
Cork
Ki Jonjo
Siggy
Routs Gomis

We played without wingers, not strikers.
swanseaona style on 18:10 - Feb 22 with 1467 viewslibertine

we played to our strengths
swanseaona style on 19:05 - Feb 22 with 1384 viewsperchrockjack

I ve not met shimmie and Ive had a few internet spats with him.

I veryuch doubt he is in any way shape or form "naïve".

We had a very happy family wedding yesterday and many had travelled from many paces and quite a few fans of various clubs.

I quoted some of the stuff recently posted on here, viz Ash a coward, team boring, clueless manager out of his depth and fair to say most were gob smacked especially the Leeds and Sheff Weds fans who clearly kill to be clearly 9th in PremIer League..
Also the fact we can trace squabbles back several years over players long gone as with previous managers and last but not least our possible relegation fight NEXT FOOKN SEASON.

Im not really sure what to make of all this and maybe its time packed all this in and got into Fine Art .

For boring or late lamented football style freaks ,where we passed the ball endlessly and beautifully for ages only to get bullied and shafted , maybe its also time to take up other pursuits.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

swanseaona style on 20:13 - Feb 22 with 1287 viewsBloodyhills

I think I'll pass on your no strikers idea and would stick with Gomis. It's better for us if he gets game time and starts scoring so that if he wants to move on in the summer somebody will want to buy him and we'll get the money back that we paid for him. If he wants to stay it's much better to have a confident scoring player.

We are pretty safe for this season so no need to stress.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

swanseaona style on 20:37 - Feb 22 with 1252 viewsjack247

swanseaona style on 18:10 - Feb 22 by libertine

we played to our strengths

Kind of. What we actually did was set up with a similar formation to what GM expected United to play, therefore not allowing them to dominate central midfield. It was a great decision and very brave, I doubt we will play that we often though, as it leaves the full backs very exposed against any team that plays with wingers.
swanseaona style on 21:40 - Feb 22 with 1186 viewsRancid

We'll be shit again next week when we don't beat Burnley.We're only ever as good as our last game at Swansea.
swanseaona style on 21:44 - Feb 22 with 1163 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Buttonholing random fans at a wedding and boring them to death with half remembered nonsense from a football Internet talkboard - it must have been a laugh a minute...

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024