Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Councils merging from 22 to 8-9 (Swansea and NPT merge) 18:24 - Jun 17 with 1600 viewsKennedy

All over news today that they thinking if doing this to save money.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/happened-reaction-leighton-andrews-

As a resident of Swansea but under NPT I can not see them decreasing my council tax from the 2nd highest in Wales to whatever Swansea pay around £300-400 a year for band C.

Just call me JFK

Councils merging from 22 to 8-9 (Swansea and NPT merge) on 18:31 - Jun 17 with 1579 viewsNogginthenog

Rest assured that it won't mean savings for the man in the street.

Any savings will be raked back into Treasury coffers at year's end.
Councils merging from 22 to 8-9 (Swansea and NPT merge) on 19:02 - Jun 17 with 1538 viewsowainglyndwr

What could be worse is Carwyn Jones is talking about NPT merge into Bridgend which is madness.
I am under NPT but my phone my address and everything is Swansea.
My inlaws are also under NPT but the opposite side of the road is Swansea council bin days are interesting.
Councils merging from 22 to 8-9 (Swansea and NPT merge) on 23:56 - Jun 17 with 1374 viewsPrivate_Partz

Councils merging from 22 to 8-9 (Swansea and NPT merge) on 18:31 - Jun 17 by Nogginthenog

Rest assured that it won't mean savings for the man in the street.

Any savings will be raked back into Treasury coffers at year's end.

This true. No savings will be passed on to the ratepayers as the Govt will continue to screw Wales with its austerity measures.
I am very disappointed in Leighton Andrews and his new proposals. It does not go far enough and he is merely reverting to the 1996 boundaries with no lower tiers. 8/9 Authorities are far too many for Wales and will continue to be an unnecessary financial burden. It should have been 4/ 5 Authorities maximum.
This would not mean masses of redundancies as you are still going to need the staff to provide services. The savings come with less Diretors, Heads Of Service and councillors.
We are missing a great opportunity to create larger more powerful Authorities capable of fighting their corner. Instead we have a complacent redrawing of an old map.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Councils merging from 22 to 8-9 (Swansea and NPT merge) on 06:14 - Jun 18 with 1317 viewsTreforys_Jack

Can we also go back to west Glamorgan pls
Councils merging from 22 to 8-9 (Swansea and NPT merge) on 11:25 - Jun 18 with 1200 viewsscottishjack

In the case of Swansea, Neath, Port Talbot I think this makes sense, we are slowly becoming the "Swansea Bay" area anyway.

Reading up on this, Gwent seems to be the area with the most objections?
Councils merging from 22 to 8-9 (Swansea and NPT merge) on 13:29 - Jun 18 with 1168 viewsPrivate_Partz

Councils merging from 22 to 8-9 (Swansea and NPT merge) on 06:14 - Jun 18 by Treforys_Jack

Can we also go back to west Glamorgan pls

Are you referring to the name of the Authority? There is a strong case for calling it Swansea Bay so that the identity can be linked to our very successful football club.
The current proposal does reflect the old West Glamorgan Authority boundary but this time it does not have the ridiculous lower tier of District Councils.
Having said that I still think the proposed Authority is to small. It should cover the whole of S W Wales stretching up into Mid.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Councils merging from 22 to 8-9 (Swansea and NPT merge) on 14:09 - Jun 18 with 1154 viewsfather_jack

who was banding the ideas about of new stadium on fabian way again???? wouldnt make any difference being in npt area now lol

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Councils merging from 22 to 8-9 (Swansea and NPT merge) on 14:21 - Jun 18 with 1148 viewsLeonisGod

Councils merging from 22 to 8-9 (Swansea and NPT merge) on 23:56 - Jun 17 by Private_Partz

This true. No savings will be passed on to the ratepayers as the Govt will continue to screw Wales with its austerity measures.
I am very disappointed in Leighton Andrews and his new proposals. It does not go far enough and he is merely reverting to the 1996 boundaries with no lower tiers. 8/9 Authorities are far too many for Wales and will continue to be an unnecessary financial burden. It should have been 4/ 5 Authorities maximum.
This would not mean masses of redundancies as you are still going to need the staff to provide services. The savings come with less Diretors, Heads Of Service and councillors.
We are missing a great opportunity to create larger more powerful Authorities capable of fighting their corner. Instead we have a complacent redrawing of an old map.

Yep, lacks any imagination doesn't it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024