Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Live Streaming Unblock with Free VPN illegal or not 11:04 - Jun 16 with 1784 viewsgarymartin

I have content restrictions where I live. Can anybody tell me if unblocking EURO 2016 streaming site with a free VPN is illegal or not
[Post edited 16 Jun 2016 11:20]
Live Streaming Unblock with Free VPN illegal or not on 11:11 - Jun 16 with 1775 viewsmonmouth

Irrespective of legality, you'll be lucky not to be buffered into oblivion.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Live Streaming Unblock with Free VPN illegal or not on 11:58 - Jun 16 with 1734 viewsblueytheblue

Well the answer is bloody obvious... of course it's illegal ( by which I mean breaks copyright as a civil offence, not criminal before pedants reply ).

Copyright holder has made the decision to make it viewable in specific areas only which is their right.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Live Streaming Unblock with Free VPN illegal or not on 12:28 - Jun 16 with 1695 viewsUxbridge

However, even FACT admit that nobody has ever been fined or even prosecuted for illegally streaming content and, as has historically been the case with such things (even back to the days of copying tapes, games, software etc), they'll never go after the consumers of it.

Given that the Euros are broadcast FTA in the UK, and streamed in the UK for free, then I think the word illegal would be a little way off the mark here.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Live Streaming Unblock with Free VPN illegal or not on 12:36 - Jun 16 with 1677 viewsblueytheblue

Live Streaming Unblock with Free VPN illegal or not on 12:28 - Jun 16 by Uxbridge

However, even FACT admit that nobody has ever been fined or even prosecuted for illegally streaming content and, as has historically been the case with such things (even back to the days of copying tapes, games, software etc), they'll never go after the consumers of it.

Given that the Euros are broadcast FTA in the UK, and streamed in the UK for free, then I think the word illegal would be a little way off the mark here.

Well it's easier to target the suppliers not the consumers.

The fact they are FTA in the UK, streamed in UK for free isn't the issue. Copyright holders can make their content available in whatever regions they wish.

The reason imo for it being UK only would be that separate countries make deals with UEFA for match coverage; BBC would have rights to X matches in the UK region. If that gets released in other regions then it impinges upon any broadcast deals in those areas...

Live Streaming Unblock with Free VPN illegal or not on 12:50 - Jun 16 with 1657 viewsUxbridge

Live Streaming Unblock with Free VPN illegal or not on 12:36 - Jun 16 by blueytheblue

Well it's easier to target the suppliers not the consumers.

The fact they are FTA in the UK, streamed in UK for free isn't the issue. Copyright holders can make their content available in whatever regions they wish.

The reason imo for it being UK only would be that separate countries make deals with UEFA for match coverage; BBC would have rights to X matches in the UK region. If that gets released in other regions then it impinges upon any broadcast deals in those areas...

So, who's going to sue someone for accessing a FTA stream in a foreign country? The OP could even be a British national (and if it's THE Gary Martin then he would be), so you have further grey areas there.

Last I heard there was a case going to the European courts to determine the legal position regarding streaming.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Live Streaming Unblock with Free VPN illegal or not on 12:56 - Jun 16 with 1649 viewsblueytheblue

Live Streaming Unblock with Free VPN illegal or not on 12:50 - Jun 16 by Uxbridge

So, who's going to sue someone for accessing a FTA stream in a foreign country? The OP could even be a British national (and if it's THE Gary Martin then he would be), so you have further grey areas there.

Last I heard there was a case going to the European courts to determine the legal position regarding streaming.

Didn't say anyone would sue per se.

Nationality would be irrelevant, it's where the content is made available. Can't see European courts would back streaming by individuals per se due to copyright issues but you never know.

Live Streaming Unblock with Free VPN illegal or not on 15:04 - Jun 16 with 1568 viewsphact0rri

vpn's are legal (for now) you have a legit IP address that identifies you in that region "oops" you've done nothing wrong IMHO.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Live Streaming Unblock with Free VPN illegal or not on 16:02 - Jun 16 with 1541 viewsswanduck

Where are you? I also have this issue but most VPNs are too slow to stream stuff with, in my experience anyway. Also if you are in a country where a lot of stuff is blocked you might have trouble procuring one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024