Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yanks investment 16:01 - Dec 31 with 1697 viewsstokejack

It’s clear we need a major investment on the playing squad in January (attacking players ) as far as I can see a major profit was made last season and following sales of Siggy and llorente this season . Are the Americans going actually show they care about the club and put some of their money into Swansea City ???? If they do not invest majorly in January it’s clear they will just milk the transfer money and tv money then leave us high and dry after the parachute money has gone .

What’s everyone’s thoughts ????
Yanks investment on 16:03 - Dec 31 with 1683 viewsA_Fans_Dad

"milking the transfer money" is not as easy as you and they may think.
There are safeguards in place to prevent that very thing going on.
Yanks investment on 21:47 - Dec 31 with 1549 viewsphact0rri

I honestly believe they think that this is more like buying stocks, purchase shares in a sport club and assume they will be able to turn over their shares when their brokers tell them its a good time to sell. No one in the consortum has a scooby's as to how sport clubs over here function.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Yanks investment on 21:52 - Dec 31 with 1533 viewsDr_Winston

I still don't understand why so many people are desperate for us to end up in hock to people who will want their money back eventually, one way or another.

Far better that they don't spend another penny that the club hasn't generated itself.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Yanks investment on 22:27 - Dec 31 with 1458 viewsChief

Yanks investment on 21:52 - Dec 31 by Dr_Winston

I still don't understand why so many people are desperate for us to end up in hock to people who will want their money back eventually, one way or another.

Far better that they don't spend another penny that the club hasn't generated itself.

I don't think anyone wants what you are suggesting in your first paragraph. Obviously not going to happen with the chancers we have, but other foreign owners in the prem (not just Chelsea and Citeh - look at Bournemouth) do use their own cash without appearing to want anything back yet.

Now there should be cash already there in the club coffers which is obviously the best option to go.

But then we don't own the ground anyway and the Yanks already own most of the club, if they did put a loan in to ensure we stay up and are comfortable for next season too, would that be a bad thing?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Yanks investment on 22:38 - Dec 31 with 1423 viewslonglostjack

Yanks investment on 21:52 - Dec 31 by Dr_Winston

I understand where you're coming from. What I don't understand is Jenkins' reference to increasing the overdraft. Interest rates are at an historical low for long term loans.

Edit: Getting stick from family for not getting out and lighting fireworks. Pretending I'm on FB talking to relatives. Happy New Year YJBs!
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 22:42]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Yanks investment on 22:45 - Dec 31 with 1391 viewsDr_Winston

Yanks investment on 22:38 - Dec 31 by longlostjack

I understand where you're coming from. What I don't understand is Jenkins' reference to increasing the overdraft. Interest rates are at an historical low for long term loans.

Edit: Getting stick from family for not getting out and lighting fireworks. Pretending I'm on FB talking to relatives. Happy New Year YJBs!
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 22:42]

I'm just having difficulty moving past the belief that the "need for external investment" was little more than an excuse for selling up.

A well manned, well funded scouting department reporting to a club hierarchy and team management working in tandem can save the club tens of millions in transfer fees. It's a shame we didn't try doing that instead of resorting to the same agent led bollocks that other clubs tend to partake in.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Yanks investment on 23:35 - Dec 31 with 1337 viewsairedale

Where would they get the money from to invest? If they thought about putting their own cash in, I’m sure that their wives would have something to say about that! And how would the other shareholders be able to afford their (pro data) contribution?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024