Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Question on the DJ Deal 01:21 - Feb 4 with 1945 viewsBanosPerth

I have been reading about the controversial James 'non-deal' and something about it bothered me from the start. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, albeit from 10,000 miles away, the bulk of the transfer money was to be paid by Leeds only if they got promoted. I have to wonder whether or not there might have been a conflict of interest here when we next played Leeds. OK, I know that match is only a few weeks away this season but this kind of 'dependent on promotion' deal concept seems to be a new one and could establish a precedent. In general the promotion of the buying team (Leeds in this case) could well depend on the result of the match with the selling team (Swansea in this case) especially if this occurs towards the latter end of the season and especially if one of the automatic places is at stake. In future not-too-hypothetical scenarios the outcome of the deal could even be decided by this head-to-head match in the final round of games. Would it not be within the bounds of possibility that the selling owners, desperate for a windfall of 10 million or so, could whisper in the manager's ear 'make sure you put out a weak team for this one mate or else ...'. In our particular case I would be prepared to hazard a guess at the answer. Surely this is a scenario that the FA rule-makers would have to consider in future.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 1:22]
General Question on the DJ Deal on 01:48 - Feb 4 with 1895 viewsJack123

No mate, I cannot see that happening at all! Edit Just re-read again, I see what you mean.. I suppose they could do, but then it's like basically saying you can't transfer within the same league.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 1:53]

libera nos a malo

General Question on the DJ Deal on 01:58 - Feb 4 with 1875 viewsBanosPerth

General Question on the DJ Deal on 01:48 - Feb 4 by Jack123

No mate, I cannot see that happening at all! Edit Just re-read again, I see what you mean.. I suppose they could do, but then it's like basically saying you can't transfer within the same league.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 1:53]

It's not saying that at all ... it's a deal structure that encourages unscrupulous owners of the selling club to assist the promotion of the buying club, the reward being a dollar windfall.
And remember ... if they don't get promoted, we don't get the 10 mill or whatever. it's not your standard deal.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 3:08]
General Question on the DJ Deal on 07:44 - Feb 4 with 1633 viewsdameedna

Dumb deal in terms of the competition. Should not be allowed. Leeds hitting a dip in form. Long may their dip in form continue.
General Question on the DJ Deal on 08:10 - Feb 4 with 1581 viewsjasper_T

There can be some dodgy implications of certain clauses but in DJ's case we would have had him back if they failed to get promoted afaik. It would have simply been a £1.5m loan for six months.
General Question on the DJ Deal on 08:45 - Feb 4 with 1460 viewsBanosPerth

Yes true, but the incentive is there to get Leeds promoted. Remember the owners would prefer the money, otherwise they would not have tried to sell in the first place ...
General Question on the DJ Deal on 09:55 - Feb 4 with 1332 viewsOptimisticJack

I think the OP has made a very good and relevant point.
Deals such as this should not be allowed by te F.A

Optimisticjack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024