Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hey! Sherpa, how much loose change have you got? 16:23 - Jun 18 with 720 viewsLohengrin

If you’ve got the odd four grand knocking around the house you can treat yourself, this has just come up for sale...

I was just saying to her now, “I think I’ll bang it on the card.”

“No! No! No way!”

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Hey! Sherpa, how much loose change have you got? on 17:28 - Jun 18 with 663 viewssherpajacob

I'm guessing the I, is Ismay.

Who is selling, Does Marietta know about it? Must be some story behind it for a corporal to receive it. With him when he died maybe.

Certainly of interest to our Cardiff brothers.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Hey! Sherpa, how much loose change have you got? on 17:56 - Jun 18 with 638 viewsLohengrin

Hey! Sherpa, how much loose change have you got? on 17:28 - Jun 18 by sherpajacob

I'm guessing the I, is Ismay.

Who is selling, Does Marietta know about it? Must be some story behind it for a corporal to receive it. With him when he died maybe.

Certainly of interest to our Cardiff brothers.

I’ll take a guess at Cpl Wiskin having been his Batman? The ‘I’ would almost certainly have been Ismay and I’d take a further guess that the watch may well have been among the effects of the late Colonel shipped home to the Crichton-Stuarts which his widow had inscribed and made a gift of to the Cpl in remembrance? That’s just me, though it does seem plausible given the date of the inscription.

I’ve probably told you this before but my great-grandfather carried the body back from New Trench to the Coy. clearing station. He was only a kid but a bloody big one for the era.

Here’s the links to the sale:

https://www.ww1trenchwatch.com/store/p81/Ninian_Crichton-Stuart_Engraved_WW1_Tre

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amazing-WW1-Trench-Watch-Engraved-Ninian-Crichton-Stu
[Post edited 18 Jun 2019 20:38]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024