Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday 14:35 - Oct 27 with 933 viewsbuilthjack

Rush home from work
Change in 5 minutes
Take a cuppa in the car
Tell the others to hurry up
Chat with the others about tonight’s game
Travel the 70 miles down to Swansea
Grab some grub quick
Head for the stadium
Have banter with the guy on the gate
Grab a overpriced cuppa each
Get to our seats just before kick off
Chat with the neighbours
Stand up to cheer the boys on
Sit down
Hope for the best
Jump up when we score
Say ffs or similar when they score
Do some singing
Half time pee
Watch the second half
Cheer , jeer, smile, sad
80 minutes watch all the shift workers leave
Final whistle
Hopefully jump in the air and clap for a few minutes
Shout well done to the boys
Or if we lose get out of the ground quick
Talk about the game in the car
Call at McD in cross hands
Eat or drink or both
Head home

I miss it

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 14:54 - Oct 27 with 915 viewsMartinSwan

Memories eh
A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 15:30 - Oct 27 with 892 viewsKeithHaynes

When we travelled from Gloucester.
Leave around 4pm, sometimes two or three cars.
Get to The Globe or similar ( sometimes Rossi’s)
Meet up with ex Gloucester lads Railway or Globe.
Eat chips, always a choice between Fish or rissoles.
Get a last beer in the season ticket bar east stand.
Get in to the same seats We have had since the Liberty opened
Usual stuff as per Builth.
Inc chatting stuff on route, begrudge paying the toll on the bridge.
Now and again the odd car passes with mates of old inside.
Now and again a car passes flicking the V’s, usual Cardiff stuff, sometime we followed them :-)
Post match fingers crossed the M4 or M5 isn’t closed between junctions.
I recall the Portsmouth home game a few years ago where our total travel time was ten hours to Swansea and back due to snow etc. We lost I think.
Also way back I recall the mini bus we used to take from Gloucester fighting through the snow for the 4-1 drubbing of Cardiff City. I got so mashed after the game Dave the weatherman drove back, he hadn’t driven a mini bus before. It was eventful. There are the usual tales of punctures, break downs and I remember once after we beat Chester in the play offs we all stopped at Cardiff services for refreshments etc - Kevin Ratcliffe looked petrified as did his team as we gave them real stick. Mind you there must have been around 35 of us. Ratcliffe came in to the toilets he said to me, you boys are a long way from Swansea, I said to him, your not a long way from Cardiff. A couple of the boys who were no strangers to upping the anti had some jest with him. Ratcliffe doesn’t like us, but we know that. Memories, so many more.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 15:52 - Oct 27 with 875 viewsNotLoyal

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 15:30 - Oct 27 by KeithHaynes

Now and again a car passes flicking the V’s, usual Cardiff stuff, sometime we followed them :-)
I recall the Portsmouth home game a few years ago where our total travel time was ten hours to Swansea and back due to snow etc. We lost I think.
Also way back I recall the mini bus we used to take from Gloucester fighting through the snow for the 4-1 drubbing of Cardiff City. I got so mashed after the game Dave the weatherman drove back, he hadn’t driven a mini bus before. It was eventful. There are the usual tales of punctures, break downs and I remember once after we beat Chester in the play offs we all stopped at Cardiff services for refreshments etc - Kevin Ratcliffe looked petrified as did his team as we gave them real stick. Mind you there must have been around 35 of us. Ratcliffe came in to the toilets he said to me, you boys are a long way from Swansea, I said to him, your not a long way from Cardiff. A couple of the boys who were no strangers to upping the anti had some jest with him. Ratcliffe doesn’t like us, but we know that. Memories, so many more.

I was there for some of those, west ham away in the cup, now how did we make it back 😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 17:18 - Oct 27 with 839 viewsonehunglow

Rather different for me.

Pursuade wife gently to go to Swansea down the tedious A483.
Book into hotel /apartment then look for someone half decent to eat.
Go back to hotel and then discuss the prospects for tomorrows game or simply stick to what we always seem to do in hotel rooms.
Fall asleep

Wake up and then make over to Tesco for fresh croissants and fruit .
After breakfast,take a stroll along the prom and then get back to hotel to dry off

Make to designated pub for catch up with friends -when I had them .

Have Luncheon then make to the Alma /Plough and Harrow for more catch up and gossip.

Split with wife as we couldnt get ticket together and watch the game.

Meet back after and go back to hotel /apartment for a good sulk and get mentally prepared for the trip back north.

On journey back,slag off everyone Ive met down there and swear never to go again.

When home,more sulking then get lap from missus.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday (n/t) on 17:44 - Oct 27 with 826 viewsNortbankboy

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 15:52 - Oct 27 by NotLoyal

I was there for some of those, west ham away in the cup, now how did we make it back 😂

I remember West ham away in the fa cup.
How did we get home in one piece
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 17:48]
A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday (n/t) on 18:19 - Oct 27 with 800 viewsKeithHaynes

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday (n/t) on 17:44 - Oct 27 by Nortbankboy

I remember West ham away in the fa cup.
How did we get home in one piece
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 17:48]

In loyals case I’m preferring how did they make it home :-)

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 21:35 - Oct 27 with 722 viewsbuilthjack

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 15:30 - Oct 27 by KeithHaynes

Myself and Fireboy were on a Wales away day, with a 6 hour stop in Cologne waiting for a connecting flight (12 pints drank in that time burp).
Anyway, Iwan Roberts joins us with this old haggard guy. They stayed with us a while then scarpered as the pace was too fast for them. It was only later that we all realised it was Ratty. He looked unrecognisable. That was last year.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 21:40 - Oct 27 with 719 viewsFireboy2

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 21:35 - Oct 27 by builthjack

Myself and Fireboy were on a Wales away day, with a 6 hour stop in Cologne waiting for a connecting flight (12 pints drank in that time burp).
Anyway, Iwan Roberts joins us with this old haggard guy. They stayed with us a while then scarpered as the pace was too fast for them. It was only later that we all realised it was Ratty. He looked unrecognisable. That was last year.

You havent mentioned your mid session nap K
Login to get fewer ads

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 21:44 - Oct 27 with 710 viewsKeithHaynes

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 21:35 - Oct 27 by builthjack

Lives in a bus stop with Kenny Sansom and John Toshack apparently :-)

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 21:48 - Oct 27 with 706 viewsbuilthjack

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 21:40 - Oct 27 by Fireboy2

You havent mentioned your mid session nap K

A half hour nap in the day , then still going strong at 5 in the morning whilst you were firing zeds lol

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 22:29 - Oct 27 with 666 viewsFireboy2

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 21:48 - Oct 27 by builthjack

A half hour nap in the day , then still going strong at 5 in the morning whilst you were firing zeds lol

Going strong? Dont you mean walking round aimlessly
A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 06:19 - Oct 28 with 605 viewsbuilthjack

I can still smell the pasties from the vetch days, hotter than anything i have ever tasted too.
Then there is the smell of pi$$ if you went near the toilets behind the north bank.
The asian guy who stood next to the tunnel and gave a nod every time he saw you.
Those were the days.

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 10:18 - Oct 28 with 541 viewsonehunglow

You still working K?

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 10:55 - Oct 28 with 522 viewsbuilthjack

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 10:18 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

You still working K?

Yep. I am only a youngster

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 10:56 - Oct 28 with 520 viewsonehunglow

Don't look it

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 11:00 - Oct 28 with 519 viewsbuilthjack

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 10:56 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

Don't look it

they say i am mature for my years

A NORMAL Tuesday night matchday on 11:26 - Oct 28 with 509 viewsonehunglow

Pack it in mun

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024