Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The indirect free kick inside the area 10:54 - Feb 24 with 479 viewsKeithHaynes

Haven’t seen one for years and years.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The indirect free kick inside the area on 11:32 - Feb 24 with 457 viewsSkipTheJack

We had one last season against somebody, I forget who.

Actually it was this season against Stoke when the keeper handled a backpass.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 13:09]
The indirect free kick inside the area on 11:36 - Feb 24 with 450 viewsswancity

You see it occasionally for a back pass to the keeper where he’s picked the ball up

But yes obstruction in the penalty area was previously deemed to be an indirect free kick wasn’t it. May be that rule had changed and it’s now a pen? Not sure.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The indirect free kick inside the area on 12:39 - Feb 24 with 416 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Obstruction seems to have disappeared from the game now. As I understand it shielding the ball out of play is fine but you must be close enough to actually ay the ball. Often defenders are nowhere near enough to play the ball.

Another thing that annoys me is when players stand over the ball when the opposition get a free kick. As I understand it players should retreat 10 yards away as soon as a free kick is awarded. Refs used to book players who stopped a quick free kick being taken.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The indirect free kick inside the area on 21:38 - Feb 24 with 309 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The indirect free kick inside the area on 11:36 - Feb 24 by swancity

You see it occasionally for a back pass to the keeper where he’s picked the ball up

But yes obstruction in the penalty area was previously deemed to be an indirect free kick wasn’t it. May be that rule had changed and it’s now a pen? Not sure.

There is no such offence as obstruction anymore was changed about 10 years ago.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024