Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When FA cup finals WERE FA cup finals 05:04 - Apr 19 with 392 viewsRonaldStump

And they mattered.

Abide with Me

This post has been edited by an administrator

(He She Him)

When FA cup finals WERE FA cup finals on 07:58 - Apr 19 with 355 viewsKeithHaynes

The whole day was a great build up, total Tv from 10am at the teams hotels, then throughout the day. It was a special time, the biggest trophy in the world for me back then. Now, with semi finals at Wembley it just isn’t the same, not even the final. Diluted by money and greed.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

When FA cup finals WERE FA cup finals on 08:22 - Apr 19 with 343 viewsKilkennyjack

Lost interest in 1927.

Mickey Mouse cup.

The welsh cup looks far better as well. 😎

Beware of the Risen People

When FA cup finals WERE FA cup finals on 08:46 - Apr 19 with 338 viewsfelixstowe_jack

When FA cup finals WERE FA cup finals on 08:22 - Apr 19 by Kilkennyjack

Lost interest in 1927.

Mickey Mouse cup.

The welsh cup looks far better as well. 😎

Trouble is the Welsh FA banned all the top clubs from entering their own competition. The Welsh Cup is little more than a parks competition now.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

When FA cup finals WERE FA cup finals on 08:48 - Apr 19 with 335 viewsKilkennyjack

When FA cup finals WERE FA cup finals on 08:46 - Apr 19 by felixstowe_jack

Trouble is the Welsh FA banned all the top clubs from entering their own competition. The Welsh Cup is little more than a parks competition now.

I was talking about the trophy itself.

Hence ‘looks’ better.

Beware of the Risen People

When FA cup finals WERE FA cup finals on 08:56 - Apr 19 with 329 viewsonehunglow

Never really thought Abide with Me appropriate.

The words are too profound for a football match

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

When FA cup finals WERE FA cup finals on 09:34 - Apr 19 with 321 viewsfelixstowe_jack

When FA cup finals WERE FA cup finals on 08:48 - Apr 19 by Kilkennyjack

I was talking about the trophy itself.

Hence ‘looks’ better.

The village darts trophy may look nice but most footballers would prefer to win the FA CUP. I seem two remember two Argentinians who were delighted to win for totenam.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

When FA cup finals WERE FA cup finals on 10:01 - Apr 19 with 307 viewsCatullus

When FA cup finals WERE FA cup finals on 09:34 - Apr 19 by felixstowe_jack

The village darts trophy may look nice but most footballers would prefer to win the FA CUP. I seem two remember two Argentinians who were delighted to win for totenam.

Surely it was "Tottingham"?

Yes players certainly valued the FA cup more in years gone by but it's more about the money and global attention these days. Since the EUropean Cup became the Champions league some teams aren't that interested in even winning their own league, qualifying for the "Champions League" is what matters, it's shocking really. Football is lost to the money men and the players are just as greedy and grasping too.

I think it's why I stopped worrying so much about winning things and think more about enjoying games. The heart is being ripped out of the game by players who want to prance abround like superstars and don't want to have any contact with lesser players, literally, they want football to become a non contact sport and any contact is a foul!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

When FA cup finals WERE FA cup finals on 13:05 - Apr 19 with 282 viewsbuilthjack

When FA cup finals WERE FA cup finals on 07:58 - Apr 19 by KeithHaynes

The whole day was a great build up, total Tv from 10am at the teams hotels, then throughout the day. It was a special time, the biggest trophy in the world for me back then. Now, with semi finals at Wembley it just isn’t the same, not even the final. Diluted by money and greed.

This

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

When FA cup finals WERE FA cup finals on 19:12 - Apr 19 with 243 views1462jack

When FA cup finals WERE FA cup finals on 07:58 - Apr 19 by KeithHaynes

Totally agree Keith but what else has changed it for me is the new stadium , even though we have had great success both times we have visited it and I carried the cup for the 2013 final , old Wembley although run down was quite magical the 1994 final will always be my favourite
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024