Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Randox testing 12:18 - Jul 25 with 1703 viewsjack_lord

Anyone used the randox drop box for testing PCR's?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Randox testing on 12:23 - Jul 25 with 1687 viewsProfessor

No, but my daughter had their in person testing last Sunday in Liverpool. Very efficient and result in 16 hours. I used another company last year that cost more, long wait and took 72 hours to get result only after pushing them via Twitter.
Randox testing on 12:44 - Jul 25 with 1668 viewsRonaldStump

CDC has just announced they will revoke the emergency use authorisation of the RT-PCR tests first introduced in 02/20

CDC encourages labs to consider adaption of a multiplexed method that can facilitate detection and differentiation of SARS CoV-2 and Influenza viruses

(He She Him)

Randox testing on 12:50 - Jul 25 with 1666 viewsProfessor

Randox testing on 12:44 - Jul 25 by RonaldStump

CDC has just announced they will revoke the emergency use authorisation of the RT-PCR tests first introduced in 02/20

CDC encourages labs to consider adaption of a multiplexed method that can facilitate detection and differentiation of SARS CoV-2 and Influenza viruses

U.K. uses multiplex assays. The Randox assay utilises three SARS CoV2 genes. As does standard NHS testing. Poor trolling. Remember CDC went with US exceptionalism as regards diagnostics.
Randox testing on 13:13 - Jul 25 with 1657 viewsItchySphincter

What's drop box?

I've had loads in the last few months, PCR by Xpress Test, loads of foreign ones by Synlab and Medicover and Lucira test kits from the Americans. I thought they were all slightly different.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Randox testing on 13:18 - Jul 25 with 1656 viewsProfessor

Randox testing on 13:13 - Jul 25 by ItchySphincter

What's drop box?

I've had loads in the last few months, PCR by Xpress Test, loads of foreign ones by Synlab and Medicover and Lucira test kits from the Americans. I thought they were all slightly different.

It’s the standard Randox PCR at home, but there are drop boxes around the country which are collected regularly. Basically if you drop by 4pm the sample will get to the lab that day rather than the vagaries of posting
Randox testing on 13:22 - Jul 25 with 1653 viewsItchySphincter

Randox testing on 13:18 - Jul 25 by Professor

It’s the standard Randox PCR at home, but there are drop boxes around the country which are collected regularly. Basically if you drop by 4pm the sample will get to the lab that day rather than the vagaries of posting

That's good. The NHS Wales test result wait is crap. They make you do day two and eight tests but each takes up to four days to come back before they open a case on it. It's a painful process especially when you're testing privately everyday and its confirmed negative.

Randox testing on 13:28 - Jul 25 with 1641 viewsRonaldStump

Randox testing on 12:50 - Jul 25 by Professor

U.K. uses multiplex assays. The Randox assay utilises three SARS CoV2 genes. As does standard NHS testing. Poor trolling. Remember CDC went with US exceptionalism as regards diagnostics.

Still far from accurate. Doesn't serve it's purpose and creates fear.

(He She Him)

Randox testing on 13:37 - Jul 25 with 1638 viewsProfessor

Randox testing on 13:28 - Jul 25 by RonaldStump

Still far from accurate. Doesn't serve it's purpose and creates fear.

Really. I call BS as someone who has developed and used qPCR for 22 years. About 98.9% specific and 99% sensitive. That’s a good diagnostic test by any standards. So what’s your alternative?
Login to get fewer ads

Randox testing on 13:52 - Jul 25 with 1626 viewsRonaldStump

Randox testing on 13:37 - Jul 25 by Professor

Really. I call BS as someone who has developed and used qPCR for 22 years. About 98.9% specific and 99% sensitive. That’s a good diagnostic test by any standards. So what’s your alternative?

Well you're the professor so maybe you should tell me. We've been diagnosing the common cold and influenza for years

(He She Him)

Randox testing on 13:56 - Jul 25 with 1626 viewsProfessor

Randox testing on 13:52 - Jul 25 by RonaldStump

Well you're the professor so maybe you should tell me. We've been diagnosing the common cold and influenza for years

Well I’m telling you it’s by far the best option. You lot never have an answer
Randox testing on 11:25 - Jul 26 with 1557 viewsRonaldStump

Randox testing on 13:56 - Jul 25 by Professor

Well I’m telling you it’s by far the best option. You lot never have an answer

Well it looks like you have already got one. A group of investors led by the Soros economic development fund and the Bill & Mel Gates foundation financed the buyout of UK diagnostic technologies firm motogic, which has developed a 10 minute Rona test, whilst suddenly overnight as pointed out above the CDC revokes the emergency use authorization of the PCR test .....Hmmmmmm

Seems like they couldn't tell the difference between (so called) Covid and Influenza
[Post edited 26 Jul 2021 11:27]

(He She Him)

Randox testing on 12:27 - Jul 26 with 1540 viewsProfessor

Randox testing on 11:25 - Jul 26 by RonaldStump

Well it looks like you have already got one. A group of investors led by the Soros economic development fund and the Bill & Mel Gates foundation financed the buyout of UK diagnostic technologies firm motogic, which has developed a 10 minute Rona test, whilst suddenly overnight as pointed out above the CDC revokes the emergency use authorization of the PCR test .....Hmmmmmm

Seems like they couldn't tell the difference between (so called) Covid and Influenza
[Post edited 26 Jul 2021 11:27]

Really?

So having a genome allows you to pick species (and even strain/variant) specific sequences. The only worry is ever specificity against closely related viruses-other coronaviruses likes SARS CoV 1 or the human coronaviruses associated with about 10% of 'colds'. Influenza is and orthomyyovirus and about as closely related to a coronavirus as you are to an alligator. There is not a 'cold' virus-a cold is just the symptoms caused by one of hundreds of different respiratory virus. Plenty of companies developing rapid tests-we invested as a country in DNA nudge-which turned out to be useless.

I take it you mean mologic -they are a lateral flow test company. I suspect Gates wants to use these as tests where access to PCR is less achievable. Lateral Flow Tests are OK as point of care tests (the lead guy of melodic delveloped the clear blue pregnancy test), but lack specificity and sensitivity. They are just making a better version of the home tests we currently buy from China. They almost certainly will not replace qPCR in the UK where we have the set up and investment to use qPCR going forward. LFDs are a good way to pick up positive cases early, but rightly need a confirmatory PCR. If the US are daft enough to rely on LFDs, then that's their issue.

Another case of 2 +2+6 I think.
Randox testing on 12:30 - Jul 26 with 1537 viewsItchySphincter

Randox testing on 12:27 - Jul 26 by Professor

Really?

So having a genome allows you to pick species (and even strain/variant) specific sequences. The only worry is ever specificity against closely related viruses-other coronaviruses likes SARS CoV 1 or the human coronaviruses associated with about 10% of 'colds'. Influenza is and orthomyyovirus and about as closely related to a coronavirus as you are to an alligator. There is not a 'cold' virus-a cold is just the symptoms caused by one of hundreds of different respiratory virus. Plenty of companies developing rapid tests-we invested as a country in DNA nudge-which turned out to be useless.

I take it you mean mologic -they are a lateral flow test company. I suspect Gates wants to use these as tests where access to PCR is less achievable. Lateral Flow Tests are OK as point of care tests (the lead guy of melodic delveloped the clear blue pregnancy test), but lack specificity and sensitivity. They are just making a better version of the home tests we currently buy from China. They almost certainly will not replace qPCR in the UK where we have the set up and investment to use qPCR going forward. LFDs are a good way to pick up positive cases early, but rightly need a confirmatory PCR. If the US are daft enough to rely on LFDs, then that's their issue.

Another case of 2 +2+6 I think.

I enjoy your posts Prof, I can't claim to understand it all but I feel suitably enlightened at times reading them I think the board is lucky to have you, not quite sure why you bother sometimes though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024