Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is it about football 10:24 - Oct 1 with 650 viewsonehunglow

Why do we get so annoyed,upset and angry when all we are witnessing is well paid jerks wearing our club shirt for a few months/years before they move on.Few give a monkeys so why do we?

It's in my DNA and there is no apparent cure.

I like many sports and a big rugby fan but no way do defeats affect me as do Swans.


Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

-1
What is it about football on 10:57 - Oct 1 with 623 viewsCatullus

I don't get so annoyed, not nymore. However anybody interprets my comments on here, anger is very rarely inolved.
I can get wound up during the game, excited. I enjoy it or I don't but whatever happens, I leave the bad stuff at the stadium. Football is just football, it's entertainment.

I get annoyed by many things but football, hardly ever, not anymore.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

0
What is it about football on 11:11 - Oct 1 with 615 viewsonehunglow

What is it about football on 10:57 - Oct 1 by Catullus

I don't get so annoyed, not nymore. However anybody interprets my comments on here, anger is very rarely inolved.
I can get wound up during the game, excited. I enjoy it or I don't but whatever happens, I leave the bad stuff at the stadium. Football is just football, it's entertainment.

I get annoyed by many things but football, hardly ever, not anymore.


Morning Cat.
I dont really enjoy it frankly.It is simply part of me and I suppose it always will be.
Ive tried to extracate myself several times from it all especially when we 've been dire and fellow fans have been so utterly -(fill in the blank) but yma o hyd.

I hate the Swans ,Glammy ,Wales (Rugby) losing,although the last two to a lesser degree.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
What is it about football on 11:22 - Oct 1 with 607 viewsBoundy

I think you've answered your own question .I learned (and grateful that I have ) that its just a game , it forms part of my life yes but doesn't and shouldn't affect how I act and behaviour should we lose.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

0
What is it about football on 11:26 - Oct 1 with 605 viewsCatullus

What is it about football on 11:11 - Oct 1 by onehunglow

Morning Cat.
I dont really enjoy it frankly.It is simply part of me and I suppose it always will be.
Ive tried to extracate myself several times from it all especially when we 've been dire and fellow fans have been so utterly -(fill in the blank) but yma o hyd.

I hate the Swans ,Glammy ,Wales (Rugby) losing,although the last two to a lesser degree.


Morning OHL, I'm not sure when I changed, when I started seeing football as entertainment rather than a passion. Sometime during my 5 year wait for the hip replacement I think. It may be further back though, my only true passion now is my family, my wife and son. Nothing comes close.
I take the mick out of her mercilessly but I'd be lost without her but even so, if anything serious hit the fan my son would come first.
So football is just entertainment, winning still has to be fun or it's not worth the effort. I don't mind mid table obscurity if it's fun to watch. If it's a winning team but mind numbingly boring, I'd stop going.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

0
What is it about football on 11:40 - Oct 1 with 599 viewsonehunglow

What is it about football on 11:26 - Oct 1 by Catullus

Morning OHL, I'm not sure when I changed, when I started seeing football as entertainment rather than a passion. Sometime during my 5 year wait for the hip replacement I think. It may be further back though, my only true passion now is my family, my wife and son. Nothing comes close.
I take the mick out of her mercilessly but I'd be lost without her but even so, if anything serious hit the fan my son would come first.
So football is just entertainment, winning still has to be fun or it's not worth the effort. I don't mind mid table obscurity if it's fun to watch. If it's a winning team but mind numbingly boring, I'd stop going.


You need to speak to my beloved tough as old boot missus.
We've had ruined birthdays,anniversaries,weddings,funeral wakes ruined by my sulking over us getting beat.And people say Im not a fan.FFS.

When in charge of a unit at Anfield FC once I was in possession of a tiny portable radio to listen to Richard Shepherd bleating on about our game at Boston/Lincoln,Leyton Orient or wherever it was. The Match Commander saw me on CCTC and pulled me into the Control Room and had a word,although he did respect my passion for my local club.

If I want entertainment,all I have to do i pop into my new music room and dig out an instrument and crank it up loud.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

-1
What is it about football on 13:05 - Oct 1 with 566 viewsjacksfullaces

What is it about football on 10:57 - Oct 1 by Catullus

I don't get so annoyed, not nymore. However anybody interprets my comments on here, anger is very rarely inolved.
I can get wound up during the game, excited. I enjoy it or I don't but whatever happens, I leave the bad stuff at the stadium. Football is just football, it's entertainment.

I get annoyed by many things but football, hardly ever, not anymore.


yep, love a bit of high emotion in the moment, enjoy a bit of away trip exploration and perhaps the odd reflective moment on boards such as these or with friends afterwards. If I felt any more investment I'd look to do something more constructive, join the club or a supporters group in some way. Channel my time and effort more.
0
What is it about football on 13:32 - Oct 1 with 556 viewsonehunglow

Nobody has actually worked out what it is about the game that fixes us.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
What is it about football on 17:03 - Oct 1 with 514 viewsCatullus

What is it about football on 13:32 - Oct 1 by onehunglow

Nobody has actually worked out what it is about the game that fixes us.


Most of us love sport to varying degrees, it;s the high drama, the adrenalin. Certainly when I was younger there an element of mob mentality, all my friends were going so I went, they all had a few beers so, so did I, they all went on the north bank and shouted and sang, so did I. We all led each other on.

Sheeple really

Maybe it was the Liberty that changed it for me. I don't sit by friends anymore. I go with my son and I rarely drink more than one pint. Lets blame alcohol eh!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026