Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse 17:29 - Sep 1 with 750 viewsonehunglow

Christmas not that far away.
Presents nobody really wants
Repeats after repeats on telly
And folks telling you you re a Scrooge /Miser/ humbug.

Just hope our less well off fans don’t put themselves in debt this Yuletide .

Reading on Boxing Day innit. Beats Lapland though

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse on 19:23 - Sep 1 with 634 viewsYrAlarch

Fingers crossed for a heatwave Christmas Day.
Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse on 19:42 - Sep 1 with 586 viewsonehunglow

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse on 19:23 - Sep 1 by YrAlarch

Fingers crossed for a heatwave Christmas Day.

think we will have a lot of rain myself and mild again

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse on 07:48 - Sep 2 with 439 viewsYrAlarch

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse on 19:42 - Sep 1 by onehunglow

think we will have a lot of rain myself and mild again

Hopefully you are right. Anything to ease fuel bills 'till something more co-ordinated and strategic happens.
Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse on 09:21 - Sep 2 with 356 viewsonehunglow

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse on 07:48 - Sep 2 by YrAlarch

Hopefully you are right. Anything to ease fuel bills 'till something more co-ordinated and strategic happens.

I was being rather whimsical but there is an underlining message here for those scraping by NOT to get a loan from a cantish loan shark or to max out a credit card for toys/gadgets that are ephemeral and will be cast aside by the time the packaging is collected by the Bin persons.

Bugger Christmas .Stay solvent. Go basic. Be happy.

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse on 09:35 - Sep 2 with 342 viewsCatullus

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse on 09:21 - Sep 2 by onehunglow

I was being rather whimsical but there is an underlining message here for those scraping by NOT to get a loan from a cantish loan shark or to max out a credit card for toys/gadgets that are ephemeral and will be cast aside by the time the packaging is collected by the Bin persons.

Bugger Christmas .Stay solvent. Go basic. Be happy.

About 6 years back we had a big row Christmas morning, our son was being very selfish and moaning he didn't get very much. I lost my cool and pointed out to him that "Santa" exist outside of works of fiction and that absolutely every one of his presents had been bought by us, his parents and it had always been that way, presents he got at families houses were bought by them.

It was a bad day but it reaped rewards, he has been much better ever since, much more appreciative and doesn''t ask for very much. For Dec 25 we shall buy him one large present, a few small things but all things that he wanst because he makes a list. Myself and my wife will buy each other something small, usually something jokey just to have a pressie to open on the morning.

We absolutely never get into debt to buy presents either, we don't buy presents on credit cards unless the cash is in the account to pay it off straight away. Those lessons were learned the hard way.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse on 09:45 - Sep 2 with 334 viewsonehunglow

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse on 09:35 - Sep 2 by Catullus

About 6 years back we had a big row Christmas morning, our son was being very selfish and moaning he didn't get very much. I lost my cool and pointed out to him that "Santa" exist outside of works of fiction and that absolutely every one of his presents had been bought by us, his parents and it had always been that way, presents he got at families houses were bought by them.

It was a bad day but it reaped rewards, he has been much better ever since, much more appreciative and doesn''t ask for very much. For Dec 25 we shall buy him one large present, a few small things but all things that he wanst because he makes a list. Myself and my wife will buy each other something small, usually something jokey just to have a pressie to open on the morning.

We absolutely never get into debt to buy presents either, we don't buy presents on credit cards unless the cash is in the account to pay it off straight away. Those lessons were learned the hard way.

Great read Cat
I tried cancelling Christmas before the kid reached school age.
Many toddlers would seriously play with the packaging.

PS I note this thread was moved. It WAS related to the Swans/Football but the subtlety seems to have been misunderstood

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse on 10:11 - Sep 2 with 328 viewsCatullus

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse on 09:45 - Sep 2 by onehunglow

Great read Cat
I tried cancelling Christmas before the kid reached school age.
Many toddlers would seriously play with the packaging.

PS I note this thread was moved. It WAS related to the Swans/Football but the subtlety seems to have been misunderstood

My son is nagging to go to an away game and he wants something from the club shop, i keep telling him, if we can afford it.

I'm thinking of taking him to Birmingham but to be honest, I can't be bothered to travel very far these days, not for football.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse on 11:23 - Sep 2 with 317 viewsbritferry

I dont read on Boxing Day, I normally watch a couple of films and make a Turkey curry

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024