Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morriston Hospital ... VISITING ... 09:36 - Jan 3 with 960 viewstheloneranger

VISITING - Important:

"Routine visiting has been temporarily suspended at Morriston Hospital because of rising numbers of infections from a mix of viruses and bacteria.

Seven wards have had to be closed because of cases of Norovirus, Covid, flu or C.difficile (a bacterial infection which causes diarrhoea).

Staff at Morriston are doing everything they can to stop infections spreading further, but while this work is underway, routine visiting will be paused from 8am on Wednesday, 3rd January 2023 until further notice.

Visiting will be restricted to ‘Visiting with a Purpose’.

This means that visiting will still be allowed for patients who are at the end of life, or the last days of life; or for carers and relatives providing practical help and care for the patient when they visit – for example help with mealtimes and hydration, or support for patients with dementia or other clinical needs.

This visiting should be agreed in advance in liaison with the ward manager.

Parents can still visit their children, but we would ask that this is restricted to one parent at a time.

However please Do NOT visit if you have any symptoms of illnesses, including diarrhoea and vomiting, fever, coughs etc.

Some patients may require an essential support assistant for specific additional support, e.g. a support worker or interpreter. These essential support assistants are not to be classed as visitors.

We are also reminding people to avoid coming to the Emergency Department if they have Norovirus symptoms – diarrhoea and vomiting, stomach cramps or aching limbs. This tummy bug is unpleasant but usually goes away on its own after a couple of days with no lasting harm.

However for vulnerable hospital patients whose immune systems might not be as strong, Norovirus can be more serious, and you could pass the virus to other patients and to staff."

https://sbuhb.nhs.wales/news/swansea-bay-health-news/routine-visiting-suspended-

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Morriston Hospital ... VISITING ... on 22:27 - Jan 5 with 756 viewscontroversial_jack

An entire ward is full of covid patients
Morriston Hospital ... VISITING ... on 20:54 - Jan 6 with 652 viewsmax936

Morriston Hospital ... VISITING ... on 22:27 - Jan 5 by controversial_jack

An entire ward is full of covid patients

What ward is that then?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Morriston Hospital ... VISITING ... on 21:17 - Jan 6 with 642 viewscontroversial_jack

Morriston Hospital ... VISITING ... on 20:54 - Jan 6 by max936

What ward is that then?

Ward G, but in the last few days, they have moved patients to another ward, but don’t know where
Morriston Hospital ... VISITING ... on 21:37 - Jan 6 with 633 viewsmax936

Morriston Hospital ... VISITING ... on 21:17 - Jan 6 by controversial_jack

Ward G, but in the last few days, they have moved patients to another ward, but don’t know where

Well my Lad is in Ward G got moved there Thursday evening from A&E Red Trolleys , there's a covid patient in a cubicle with Covid, its a gastroenterology ward so why the patient is there I don't know, seeing has H is the respiratory ward, my lad was there before Christmas due to his usual Chest infection, which he has now, but has also got Pancreatitis which has caused him to have a compacted bowel and to complicate things further he's got gallstones which adds the other two together, he's still acutely ill, but has improved with blood test all going in the right direction, last thing we want is him getting Covid.
Its a bloody nightmare.

Morriston Hospital ... VISITING ... on 21:47 - Jan 6 with 632 viewsBoundy

Morriston Hospital ... VISITING ... on 21:37 - Jan 6 by max936

Well my Lad is in Ward G got moved there Thursday evening from A&E Red Trolleys , there's a covid patient in a cubicle with Covid, its a gastroenterology ward so why the patient is there I don't know, seeing has H is the respiratory ward, my lad was there before Christmas due to his usual Chest infection, which he has now, but has also got Pancreatitis which has caused him to have a compacted bowel and to complicate things further he's got gallstones which adds the other two together, he's still acutely ill, but has improved with blood test all going in the right direction, last thing we want is him getting Covid.
Its a bloody nightmare.

Wishing you and your son all the best ,no matter how old they get there still your babies,in my eyes that is

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Morriston Hospital ... VISITING ... on 21:58 - Jan 6 with 629 viewscontroversial_jack

Morriston Hospital ... VISITING ... on 21:37 - Jan 6 by max936

Its a bloody nightmare.

It's down to the bed managers to allocate patients, and they fit them in wherever they can. I hope he recovers soon
Morriston Hospital ... VISITING ... on 22:09 - Jan 6 with 624 viewsmax936

Morriston Hospital ... VISITING ... on 21:58 - Jan 6 by controversial_jack

It's down to the bed managers to allocate patients, and they fit them in wherever they can. I hope he recovers soon

Bed manager wouldn't even speak to my Mrs, ruling the fing roost with no thought for the patient, lad got a collapsed lung and moved him because he'd been at A&E for 6 days, he was in a cubicle there nice and safe.
Bed manager was storming around like she was the most important person in the building, probably doesn't know the difference between a antibiotic and a paracetamol and yet dictating as to where patients are placed, Mrs was even told that the lad shouldn't have been taken up there, that on top of the fact they didn't know he was going there, twice that's happened now, it happened just before Christmas on H ward as well

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024