Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans fan zone 23:08 - Sep 30 with 1238 viewsKeithHaynes



Press Release (Reuters)
Swansea City Fan Zone moves closer

Swansea City’s proposed new Fan Zone is moving closer to reality, with the club targeting an opening in December 2026, although that date is not yet guaranteed. Planned for the area behind the South Stand at the Swansea.com Stadium, the covered venue is designed to provide supporters with a permanent pre-match meeting place featuring food and drink outlets, seating, entertainment, a large screen and event space.

Earlier proposals suggested the development could eventually accommodate more than 1,700 supporters, although the initial operation may be closer to 1,000. The project would also involve changes to parking and some reconfiguration around the existing memorial garden, while accessibility, CCTV and additional security measures form part of the plans.

Importantly, the Fan Zone isn’t intended to be used solely on matchdays. Swansea City envisage the venue hosting other events and becoming a year-round facility.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
Swans fan zone on 04:37 - Oct 1 with 1135 views1983

All very positive

Stop The Boats !
Poll: Do you support the arrival of illegal immigrants

0
Swans fan zone on 08:18 - Oct 1 with 1044 viewsWhiterockin

Initial capacity about 1,000 instead of the original proposal of 1,700. I would guess that could be ground floor only to start with the first floor opening at a later date, keeping it under 1,000 the licencing and planning is not as tight.
1
Swans fan zone on 18:09 - Oct 3 with 592 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swans fan zone on 08:18 - Oct 1 by Whiterockin

Initial capacity about 1,000 instead of the original proposal of 1,700. I would guess that could be ground floor only to start with the first floor opening at a later date, keeping it under 1,000 the licencing and planning is not as tight.


I'm really hoping they do get this right AND get a station opened in Landore. It changes my matchday routine, makes it easier and these days I like easy!

Train down from Skewen, fanzone with mates before and after the game, train back and a 10 minute walk home, 20 minutes if I have one too many

I haven't drunk very much for around 18 years but I'm nearly 60, my son is 18, I feel the need to relax now.
0
Swans fan zone on 18:28 - Oct 3 with 553 viewsWhiterockin

Swans fan zone on 18:09 - Oct 3 by SullutaCreturned

I'm really hoping they do get this right AND get a station opened in Landore. It changes my matchday routine, makes it easier and these days I like easy!

Train down from Skewen, fanzone with mates before and after the game, train back and a 10 minute walk home, 20 minutes if I have one too many

I haven't drunk very much for around 18 years but I'm nearly 60, my son is 18, I feel the need to relax now.


Get the train from Skewen to High St. Walk down the tunnel to new cut road and the clubs shuttle bus goes from there direct to the ground. The service really is excellent, very quick.
0
Swans fan zone on 12:14 - Oct 4 with 368 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swans fan zone on 18:28 - Oct 3 by Whiterockin

Get the train from Skewen to High St. Walk down the tunnel to new cut road and the clubs shuttle bus goes from there direct to the ground. The service really is excellent, very quick.


If I go into town I'll most likely pop into the Jack for a couple. Was thinking of doing so for Norwich until I realised it's a 12.30 kick off. It's a plan for West Ham now though.

Getting to Landore isn't the problem, getting home after the game, that's where I need a shuttle!
0
Swans fan zone on 12:55 - Oct 4 with 348 viewsWhiterockin

Swans fan zone on 12:14 - Oct 4 by SullutaCreturned

If I go into town I'll most likely pop into the Jack for a couple. Was thinking of doing so for Norwich until I realised it's a 12.30 kick off. It's a plan for West Ham now though.

Getting to Landore isn't the problem, getting home after the game, that's where I need a shuttle!


Do the reverse, bus is outside the park and ride.
[Post edited 4 Oct 12:57]
1
Swans fan zone on 16:19 - Oct 4 with 270 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swans fan zone on 12:55 - Oct 4 by Whiterockin

Do the reverse, bus is outside the park and ride.
[Post edited 4 Oct 12:57]


As it goes I have a mate who drives down, he doesn't live so far away, it just rules out going back to the pub after the game.
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026