Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This 5-2 diet plan 22:12 - Feb 18 with 3211 viewsmax936

I know there are peeps on here that are on the plan, so would anyone of you tell me what you 600 calorie days are made up of please? as I'm struggling like fuk to keep it down to 600, I've been around 700 to 800.
My 3 other days are well under 2000 cals, so perhaps its not to bad, just need to sort sundays out better, saturday is my pleasure day so its beer and takeaway time

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

This 5-2 diet plan on 22:32 - Feb 18 with 2552 viewsJohnw102

Bowl of porridge for breakfast, then about 5/6 pm beans on toast or sardines and drink plenty of water, the other 5 days eat what I like, started in July so lots of salad. Keep of the ale as much as poss. 7 months I have gone from near 17 st to 13½ don't feel hungry, and feel so much better aching knees gone. Still have treats Rossis on match day sausage in batter and chips, part of my ritual would be unlucky to change it. It will be hard at the start, but stick at it and get partner/wife to support you and only weigh yourself once a week. Go for it and let us know how you go sure you will get support here. + a bit of piss taking!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

This 5-2 diet plan on 22:35 - Feb 18 with 2550 viewsQuakerJack

600 calories a day? That's not good at all.

The problem with calory controlled diets is that you simply reduce everything, so you may reduce body fat but you'll also reduce muscle so% wise there will be little or no change.

If you're reasonably fit I'd recommend a combination of resistance training and cardio. The perfect combo is kettlebell workouts. You can buy a 9 or 12 kg KB for 30 quid and get some routines from YouTube. Eat in moderation, try and eat lean protein, veg, fruit and whole grains. Do 20 mins to half hour a day exercise and it'll drop off you in much healthier proportions.

Sorry to preach, but fad diets are my pet hate, just wanted to give some advice, one jack to another.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

This 5-2 diet plan on 22:39 - Feb 18 with 2545 viewsLiam12345

This 5-2 diet plan on 22:35 - Feb 18 by QuakerJack

The problem with calory controlled diets is that you simply reduce everything, so you may reduce body fat but you'll also reduce muscle so% wise there will be little or no change.

If you're reasonably fit I'd recommend a combination of resistance training and cardio. The perfect combo is kettlebell workouts. You can buy a 9 or 12 kg KB for 30 quid and get some routines from YouTube. Eat in moderation, try and eat lean protein, veg, fruit and whole grains. Do 20 mins to half hour a day exercise and it'll drop off you in much healthier proportions.

Sorry to preach, but fad diets are my pet hate, just wanted to give some advice, one jack to another.

Ive talked to some people ho have done fad diets and they go from something like 18st to 13st as soon as they get fed up straight back to where they were key to eat correctly, exercise correctly to make a permanent difference.

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

This 5-2 diet plan on 22:45 - Feb 18 with 2535 viewsQuakerJack

This 5-2 diet plan on 22:39 - Feb 18 by Liam12345

Ive talked to some people ho have done fad diets and they go from something like 18st to 13st as soon as they get fed up straight back to where they were key to eat correctly, exercise correctly to make a permanent difference.

Absolutely Liam.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

This 5-2 diet plan on 22:51 - Feb 18 with 2521 viewsmax936

This 5-2 diet plan on 22:35 - Feb 18 by QuakerJack

Aiming for a quick hit to get a stone and half off, then get into some fitness stuff, riding up the mountains and admiring the veiws, upping my calorie intake, but keeping it sensible, I was over 17 stone 3 weeks ago, but nearing 16,1/2 now, started on a belt driven stationary bike sunday, 2, 20min hits, did 30 min last night, had night off tonite to watch footie, back at it tomoz.

This 5-2 diet plan on 22:53 - Feb 18 with 2519 viewsmax936

This 5-2 diet plan on 22:39 - Feb 18 by Liam12345

Im 53 so I don't intend to get back into gym stuff to be honest. Im not finding the dieting to bad to be honest.

This 5-2 diet plan on 22:56 - Feb 18 with 2512 viewsswanny

I completely agree with what you're saying about fad diets, and I'm really struggling to see that this is any different. Apparently (so it is said by medical personages) the difference with this sort of controlled fasting is that the body doesn't go into survival mode and store fat, it goes into repair mode and uses up stored fat. I have no idea - I know people who swear by it, but I really Don't understand the science behind it.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

This 5-2 diet plan on 23:04 - Feb 18 with 2502 viewsmax936

This 5-2 diet plan on 22:56 - Feb 18 by swanny

I completely agree with what you're saying about fad diets, and I'm really struggling to see that this is any different. Apparently (so it is said by medical personages) the difference with this sort of controlled fasting is that the body doesn't go into survival mode and store fat, it goes into repair mode and uses up stored fat. I have no idea - I know people who swear by it, but I really Don't understand the science behind it.

Its down to to the old hunter gathering thing, eat when you can then fast when you can't, if you get my meaning, thing is even a mug of tea is around 20 cals made with a drop of semi skimmed and Im an 8 mug a day type of guy,

Login to get fewer ads

This 5-2 diet plan on 23:50 - Feb 18 with 2465 viewsScoobyjack

I do this fairly regularly.
As I eat very little during the day anyway, I tend to drink water, have a couple of (diet) energy drinks (7 cals each), and if I am very hungry an apple or a few grapes.

Then when I get home I will have 4 f a ggots (530 calories), or a plate of peas, yorkshire puddings (45 ish cals each) and Morrisons Beef in gravy (85 cals), or a supermarket shepherds pie, or 1/2 a tin of beans on (2) toast.

The Mrs (500 cals) will have a banana and slice of toast when getting to work, then a weight watchers ready meal when she gets home or she will make a chicken stir fry etc.

We are both generally satisfied by this. We usually go to bed on fasting days, promising to get up early and make bacon sausage eggs etc, but never do.

In fact I fasted yesterday, and only ate breakfast today (2 slices of toast), as I know it is important to "break" the "fast", so as not to go into starvation mode.

Yesterday I tried one of those "meals in a can" (around 400 calories) for tea. It was fine, though I was very hungry at bed time, so ate 4 "yorkshires" lol
This 5-2 diet plan on 00:28 - Feb 19 with 2430 viewsjackforever

Went from 18st7 to 14st 7 in 4 mths. Doing 5:2. If its a fad then I love fads. Also cycled a lot and have joined a gym. Had porridge for breakfast, rivita and low fat cream cheese for lunch and an evening meal of salad, rice/couscous and fish/chicken,/gammon. Puece of piss. Ate sensibly for y he other 5 days and cut takeaways down. Weighed often. Only downside was muscle loss but more than made up for that since joining gym. Worked for me and now do s 6:1 just to keep my weight atthis level. Want to lose more but find ut hard in winter determined to lose the remainder from April.
This 5-2 diet plan on 08:33 - Feb 19 with 2373 viewsjackb

that sounds like a lot of processed food scoobyjack, can't be good, lots of sugar & salt hidden in there surely!
This 5-2 diet plan on 08:58 - Feb 19 with 2351 viewsswanny

This 5-2 diet plan on 23:04 - Feb 18 by max936

Its down to to the old hunter gathering thing, eat when you can then fast when you can't, if you get my meaning, thing is even a mug of tea is around 20 cals made with a drop of semi skimmed and Im an 8 mug a day type of guy,

ah - so that's the thinking behind it ...8 mugs a day sounds like my type of tea intake

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

This 5-2 diet plan on 09:37 - Feb 19 with 2332 viewspansypants

600 cals a day is dangerously low!!!

If you really, really want to fast dramatically just eat 2 chicken breasts and 4 boiled eggs for that 2 day period.

But keep a kit kat near if you feel weak.

Hope none of you faint!!!
Gee whizz peeps!!!!!!!!

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

This 5-2 diet plan on 17:21 - Feb 19 with 2278 viewsswanny

This 5-2 diet plan on 09:37 - Feb 19 by pansypants

If you really, really want to fast dramatically just eat 2 chicken breasts and 4 boiled eggs for that 2 day period.

Gee whizz peeps!!!!!!!!

just had a day of two bananas and black coffee, am about to embark on boiled eggs with soldiers.....I feel very virtuous

This 5-2 diet plan on 17:57 - Feb 19 with 2256 viewsSwanjack10

This 5-2 diet plan on 17:21 - Feb 19 by swanny

just had a day of two bananas and black coffee, am about to embark on boiled eggs with soldiers.....I feel very virtuous

Crazy amount of sugar in bananas and take ages to digest, avoid if trying 5/2 nonsense. ..

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

This 5-2 diet plan on 18:26 - Feb 19 with 2234 viewsswanny

This 5-2 diet plan on 17:57 - Feb 19 by Swanjack10

Crazy amount of sugar in bananas and take ages to digest, avoid if trying 5/2 nonsense. ..

bugger it then - fry up it is

This 5-2 diet plan on 18:30 - Feb 19 with 2228 viewsJackfath

Recommendation is approx 2500 calories for a male each day.
If you want to lose weight cut this to around 1800-2000 cals a day.
Do some exercise.
Don't eat crap processed foods.

Losing weight is not rocket scence. The problem is peoples awful eating habits.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

This 5-2 diet plan on 18:37 - Feb 19 with 2217 viewsswanny

This 5-2 diet plan on 18:30 - Feb 19 by Jackfath

Recommendation is approx 2500 calories for a male each day.
If you want to lose weight cut this to around 1800-2000 cals a day.
Do some exercise.
Don't eat crap processed foods.

Losing weight is not rocket scence. The problem is peoples awful eating habits.

well, I've always subscribed to the 'everything in moderation' mantra, myself.....but just thought I might try a spot of detoxing, body renewal etc...but perhaps, on reflection, black coffee and bananas may not be the way to go.

This 5-2 diet plan on 18:41 - Feb 19 with 2214 viewsSwanjack10

This 5-2 diet plan on 18:26 - Feb 19 by swanny

bugger it then - fry up it is

Eat , enjoy, keep very active , you cant fail,the way nature intended, this 5/2 lark is unhealthy and temporary x tip, plenty of quality cereal and quality well cooked fresh meats ....

This 5-2 diet plan on 18:57 - Feb 19 with 2199 viewsmax936

This 5-2 diet plan on 09:37 - Feb 19 by pansypants

Gee whizz peeps!!!!!!!!

Funnily enough Im completely bolloxed today been climbing up and down a cat ladder for the last two days working on water tanks, time I retired

This 5-2 diet plan on 19:05 - Feb 19 with 2182 viewsSwanjack10

This 5-2 diet plan on 18:57 - Feb 19 by max936

Funnily enough Im completely bolloxed today been climbing up and down a cat ladder for the last two days working on water tanks, time I retired

The plastic fibre glass coated tanks I fitted for eddie when I was then on light dutie work steve?

This 5-2 diet plan on 20:06 - Feb 19 with 2143 viewsmax936

This 5-2 diet plan on 19:05 - Feb 19 by Swanjack10

The plastic fibre glass coated tanks I fitted for eddie when I was then on light dutie work steve?

You're the bastard that did em en, that explains it

Down the harbour plant and vehicle building mush, had to lower them down to a lower platform, so they can work on and maintain crane off the higher platform which is right up in the gods, I hate cat ladders and I'm really not fussed on heights either so its been a right pain.

This 5-2 diet plan on 20:31 - Feb 19 with 2125 viewsSwanjack10

This 5-2 diet plan on 20:06 - Feb 19 by max936

You're the bastard that did em en, that explains it

Down the harbour plant and vehicle building mush, had to lower them down to a lower platform, so they can work on and maintain crane off the higher platform which is right up in the gods, I hate cat ladders and I'm really not fussed on heights either so its been a right pain.

We was told to raise tanks to ensure enough water pressure to mixer valves feeding loads of showers, edwards idea, hell of a catclimb, the main harbour tanks im sure are at half height on a flat roof, I do miss the steelworks mush, good days, ps katy perry om brits, lush, lol

This 5-2 diet plan on 15:53 - Feb 20 with 2043 views01792

You don't need to fast to lose weight. Bit of a fad IMO as others have said.

We already fast anyway when we sleep. Provided you get a good 6-10 hours a night that's when your body will repair, grow, cleanse of waste products etc. No more fasting is really needed.

When you're awake make sure you're eating right. Always eat a lot of protein and healthy fat (nuts, avocado, coconut oil etc) and structure the carbs you eat around training/energy expenditure.

No point eating bananas, weetabix, sugary yoghurts and stuff like that if you have a desk job or anything like that. Insulin spike + no energy used = body fat storage.
This 5-2 diet plan on 18:06 - Feb 20 with 2000 viewsmax936

This 5-2 diet plan on 15:53 - Feb 20 by 01792

You don't need to fast to lose weight. Bit of a fad IMO as others have said.

We already fast anyway when we sleep. Provided you get a good 6-10 hours a night that's when your body will repair, grow, cleanse of waste products etc. No more fasting is really needed.

When you're awake make sure you're eating right. Always eat a lot of protein and healthy fat (nuts, avocado, coconut oil etc) and structure the carbs you eat around training/energy expenditure.

No point eating bananas, weetabix, sugary yoghurts and stuff like that if you have a desk job or anything like that. Insulin spike + no energy used = body fat storage.

When you say lots of protein, how many grams?
just had 260g of fresh cod fillet [about 50g of protein] with runner beans and a bit of shredded mixed veg, had banana for lunch and 30g of porridge and 200ml's of semi skimmed milk for breakie, my 600 day, its probably a bit more, but not by much.
I'll have nothing else today now, apart from tea.
Normal day tomoz, but heathly stuff though no crap, can't wait LOL,

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024