Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thousand two hundred and seventeen black boys & men shot dead by police 22:03 - Dec 22 with 1306 viewsGlyn1

http://www.propublica.org/article/deadly-force-in-black-and-white

"The 1,217 deadly police shootings from 2010 to 2012 captured in the federal data show that blacks, age 15 to 19, were killed at a rate of 31.17 per million, while just 1.47 per million white males in that age range died at the hands of police."

Add some more for children aged under 15, and for girls and young women.

All I've go to say is that this is absolutely insane, and please never routinely arm the British police. Just because a 20-something is in a police uniform doesn't mean that he should carry a gun.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 22:06]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

One thousand two hundred and seventeen black boys & men shot dead by police on 22:08 - Dec 22 with 1287 viewsParlay

Most of the shootings happen in poor high crime areas. The population of these areas is predominantly black. Also the major gangs in the US are also predominantly black.

I tried to find the statistics but couldn't locate them upon a search.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is ÂŁ45 a match ticket too high?

One thousand two hundred and seventeen black boys & men shot dead by police on 22:27 - Dec 22 with 1252 viewsdgt73

Well maybe those stats prove white people are less likely to get involved in crime.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

One thousand two hundred and seventeen black boys & men shot dead by police on 22:48 - Dec 22 with 1216 viewsshimmie

One thousand two hundred and seventeen black boys & men shot dead by police on 09:28 - Dec 23 with 1111 viewsShaky

In related news:

Ferguson DA Claims He Knew Witnesses Were Lying, Let Them Testify Anyway
By Andy Cush

In his first interview since the non-indictment of Darren Wilson, St. Louis County District Attorney Bob McCulloch claims that he was well aware that several witnesses were not telling the truth, and that he allowed them to testify before the grand jury anyway.

Earlier this week, The Smoking Gun reported that Sandra McElroy, known as "Witness 40" in the Michael Brown shooting case, was a serial fabulist who in all likelihood was not even close to the scene of the crime.

McElroy's testimony that she saw Brown "charge at the officer" "in a football position" most closely resembled Wilson's own version of events.
McCulloch was aware of–and perfectly fine with–such falsehoods masquerading as evidence, he said during an interview with local radio station KTRS.

Excerpts from BuzzFeed:
KTRS: Why did you allow people to testify in front of the grand jury in which you knew their information was either flat-out wrong, or flat-out lying, or just weren't telling the truth?

McCulloch: Well, early on, I decided that anyone who claimed to have witnessed anything was going to be presented to the grand jury. And I knew that no matter how I handled it, there would be criticism of it. So if I didn't put those witnesses on, then we'd be discussing now why I didn't put those witnesses on. Even though their statements were not accurate.

So my determination was to put everybody on and let the grand jurors assess their credibility, which they did. This grand jury poured their hearts and souls into this. It was a very emotional few months for them. It took a lot of them. I wanted to put everything on there. I thought it was much more important to present everything and everybody, and some that, yes, clearly were not telling the truth. No question about it.

McCulloch later added that he was "absolutely sure" that some witnesses lied under oath, but that he would not seek perjury charges. He also blamed the media for "latching on" to one witness who "clearly wasn't present" at the shooting–a description that likely refers to McElroy.

There were people who came in and, yes, absolutely lied under oath.Some lied to the FBI. Even though they're not under oath, that's another potential offense – a federal offense.

I thought it was much more important to present the entire picture…

There's talk of one witness now, and some of the media is doing exactly what I said they would do, they pull out one witness and just latch on to that, and this lady clearly wasn't present when this occurred. She recounted a statement that was right out of the newspaper about Wilson's actions, and right down the line with Wilson's actions. Even though I'm sure she was nowhere near the place.

As BuzzFeed notes, the rules governing attorneys in Missouri expressly prohibits a lawyer from "[offering] evidence that the lawyer knows to be false." Rule 4-3.3 of the state's rules of professional conduct reads in part:

A lawyer shall not knowingly...offer evidence that the lawyer knows to be false. If a lawyer, the lawyer's client, or a witness called by the lawyer has offered material evidence and the lawyer comes to know of its falsity, the lawyer shall take reasonable remedial measures, including, if necessary, disclosure to the tribunal. A lawyer may refuse to offer evidence, other than the testimony of a defendant in a criminal matter, that the lawyer reasonably believes is false.

Hear the full interview with McCulloch below.

Full story with vid: http://gawker.com/ferguson-da-claims-he-knew-witnesses-were-lying-let-th-1673343

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

One thousand two hundred and seventeen black boys & men shot dead by police on 09:41 - Dec 23 with 1101 viewsWitneyjack

Interesting that the report also says that black officers accounted for 10 % of shootings yet 78% of their victims were also black.
One thousand two hundred and seventeen black boys & men shot dead by police on 11:45 - Dec 23 with 1055 viewsLohengrin

One thousand two hundred and seventeen black boys & men shot dead by police on 09:41 - Dec 23 by Witneyjack

Interesting that the report also says that black officers accounted for 10 % of shootings yet 78% of their victims were also black.

I dare say that 100% of those shooting would have taken place in areas that taxi drivers would flatly refuse to take you.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024