Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bet You 13:06 - Oct 9 with 2987 viewsCopaMundial

Landon Donovan is scouring the States for the new all American Face of Soccer as we speak...you know it's going to happen.
Bet You on 13:10 - Oct 9 with 2975 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Fabian Johnston please 👍

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Bet You on 13:11 - Oct 9 with 2971 viewsTheFranchise

Couldn't possibly be worse than the Korean Beckham.
Bet You on 14:35 - Oct 9 with 2808 viewsjackjackjackjack

There's a Falkirk in north Dakota... *taps nose*

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Bet You (n/t) on 15:10 - Oct 9 with 2750 viewsswanseajack4eva

http://www.ussoccer.com/~/media/images/wnt/gallery-images/2016/07/160712-wnt-oly

[Post edited 9 Oct 2016 15:14]
Bet You on 15:54 - Oct 9 with 2675 viewsHighjack

Well he will only have to scour those playing for the national team or they won't get a work permit otherwise.

Unless of course he scours for players with British grandparents or something.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Bet You on 16:43 - Oct 9 with 2606 viewsstAteSwan

There are literally only a couple potential players in MLS who get enough National Team call ups to be eligible for a work permit. Most of the players who would be eligible for a work permit are already playing in Europe.

Unless of course we were to go after a few of the non Americans in MLS.
Bet You on 17:00 - Oct 9 with 2577 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Is there any way or is it worth linking into the American college system?

I don't really know much about it other than what my friends tell me - that their games are played at a million miles an hour, but not much tactical nous.

What kind of college sponsorships could we offer? Or even set up exchanges where Welsh players can go to the US etc.

Has that been tried before?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Bet You on 19:20 - Oct 9 with 2418 viewsEilian

Bet You on 17:00 - Oct 9 by NeiltheTaylor

Is there any way or is it worth linking into the American college system?

I don't really know much about it other than what my friends tell me - that their games are played at a million miles an hour, but not much tactical nous.

What kind of college sponsorships could we offer? Or even set up exchanges where Welsh players can go to the US etc.

Has that been tried before?

They would probably be happier with us sending coaches over there. saying that they would probably prefer to send coaches over here.

Americans with European coaching experience! They would be very happy with that. Young playing and coaching talent getting experience in the premier league. We could take our pick from their best.

Everyone wins!

There are also the commercial benefits. But that is a whole other matter.
Login to get fewer ads

Bet You on 21:14 - Oct 9 with 2319 viewsSwansNZ

Donald Trump Jr.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Bet You on 22:37 - Oct 9 with 2214 viewsphact0rri

I think if Landon was incharge of transfers we'd be welcoming Gyasi Zardes to the liberty. He never stops talking about that lad. He seems to have good pace at an MLS standard. But for me to many touches and never quite sorts his feet. He'd be a slower version of Montero if I'm honest.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Bet You on 00:05 - Oct 10 with 2110 viewsMrBoognish

Bet You on 22:37 - Oct 9 by phact0rri

I think if Landon was incharge of transfers we'd be welcoming Gyasi Zardes to the liberty. He never stops talking about that lad. He seems to have good pace at an MLS standard. But for me to many touches and never quite sorts his feet. He'd be a slower version of Montero if I'm honest.

Ask any fan of the USMNT about Zardes and the two things you hear from every single one is he has blistering pace but probably the worst first touch on the planet that is infuriatingly frustrating. His first touch is so prodigiously awful there's even a nice little compilation video on YouTube in dedication of it. The kid has a boot sponsorship with Acme Brick, that's how bad it is.

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:54 - Oct 10 with 2086 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Bet You on 00:55 - Oct 10 with 2085 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

I have no idea what any of these people are on about... college soccer?

Bet You on 01:45 - Oct 10 with 2042 viewsphact0rri

Bet You on 00:05 - Oct 10 by MrBoognish

Ask any fan of the USMNT about Zardes and the two things you hear from every single one is he has blistering pace but probably the worst first touch on the planet that is infuriatingly frustrating. His first touch is so prodigiously awful there's even a nice little compilation video on YouTube in dedication of it. The kid has a boot sponsorship with Acme Brick, that's how bad it is.

Oh yeah, everytime I decide to catch up on the galaxy's exploits its always hoofs to Zardes or hoof to mid field who then do a shot at goal that they always miss and get it up to Zardes who manages to take to long on the ball. he does have a good finish in him. But the MLS quality 'defense' is pretty much wait until someone fires a shot before trying to close them down.

Bet You on 02:06 - Oct 10 with 2030 viewsMrBoognish

Bet You on 01:45 - Oct 10 by phact0rri

Oh yeah, everytime I decide to catch up on the galaxy's exploits its always hoofs to Zardes or hoof to mid field who then do a shot at goal that they always miss and get it up to Zardes who manages to take to long on the ball. he does have a good finish in him. But the MLS quality 'defense' is pretty much wait until someone fires a shot before trying to close them down.

Yeah, MLS is pretty much unwatchable for me so I've really only seen Zardes on the international level and even though he might have a decent strike in him, the amount of times he gets himself into a good position only to dribble it directly out of play or immediately turn it over with a poor touch or misguided pass is just too much for me to keep trotting him out there in high leverage situation.
Bet You on 03:28 - Oct 10 with 2001 viewsstAteSwan

Bet You on 00:55 - Oct 10 by Return_of_the_Jack

I have no idea what any of these people are on about... college soccer?

American Version of the game played at Universities. Some players prefer to play it rather than playing for MLS Reserve sides. Occasionally it produces high level talent. The most recent is current USMNT Striker Jordan Morris, who was discovered when he scored two goals on the 2014 World Cup Squad when the scrimmaged against Stanford.

He got an offer from Werder Brenen in the Bundisliga when he graduated, but chose to play for Seattle in MLS.
Bet You on 05:36 - Oct 10 with 1976 viewsphact0rri

Bet You on 02:06 - Oct 10 by MrBoognish

Yeah, MLS is pretty much unwatchable for me so I've really only seen Zardes on the international level and even though he might have a decent strike in him, the amount of times he gets himself into a good position only to dribble it directly out of play or immediately turn it over with a poor touch or misguided pass is just too much for me to keep trotting him out there in high leverage situation.

Oh I live in Los Angeles so for a laugh I pop round every now and again to take in a match. They don't serve pies though. :)

Bet You on 06:01 - Oct 10 with 1968 viewsstAteSwan

Bet You on 02:06 - Oct 10 by MrBoognish

Yeah, I can't watch too much of MLS in one sitting without getting bored. There's some talent, but for every team with 1 or two talented players, they have 7 or 8 players who are poor at best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024