Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tactics - Why 433 Is Swansea's Best System 20:52 - Nov 22 with 1201 viewsComeonyouSwans

A tactical piece on the importance of a third central midfielder, and why (in my opinion) a 4-3-3 system is more suited to us this season - compared to a 4231.

http://www.swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=469035

Our record compared to using a 4231 system this season sums it up:

4231: Played 5, W0 D1 L4 F3 A10
Clean sheets: 1

433: P4 W1 D1 L2 F3 A4
Clean sheets: 1

I would say that it was no surprise that we looked a more solid outfit at Everton when we adopted a 4-3-3 system. The defence had greater protection thanks to 3 central midfielders in front of them, and we also had width (on the right at least) with Barrow. The main issue is accommodating Sigurdsson, as his CAM role is missing. You can either push him wide like Sigurdsson did or put him central and leave out a striker.

We really need to find a consistent system and starting 11 and I think a 433 over a 4231 is our best way of getting results and getting off the bottom of the Premier League. The fact that 4231 is no longer favourable for us says a lot about the decline of our squad, the lack of interest in the squad and inadequate player recruitment.
Tactics - Why 433 Is Swansea's Best System on 21:23 - Nov 22 with 1163 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

for contaning teams yes,

we need to win though .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Tactics - Why 433 Is Swansea's Best System on 21:31 - Nov 22 with 1150 viewsjack2jack

Tactics - Why 433 Is Swansea's Best System on 21:23 - Nov 22 by oh_tommy_tommy

for contaning teams yes,

we need to win though .

Best tactic is to stick the ball in the back of the net more times than the opposition,job done
Tactics - Why 433 Is Swansea's Best System on 21:31 - Nov 22 with 1149 viewsGriffting

Tactics - Why 433 Is Swansea's Best System on 21:23 - Nov 22 by oh_tommy_tommy

for contaning teams yes,

we need to win though .

This is the thing for me. We've found a formation with a solid defensive foundation.

Now, the question is how do we tweak it in order to get a bit more going forward while not compromising anything defensively??
Tactics - Why 433 Is Swansea's Best System on 21:37 - Nov 22 with 1130 viewsComeonyouSwans

Tactics - Why 433 Is Swansea's Best System on 21:31 - Nov 22 by Griffting

This is the thing for me. We've found a formation with a solid defensive foundation.

Now, the question is how do we tweak it in order to get a bit more going forward while not compromising anything defensively??

one of the 3 central midfielders is box to box, pushes forward in support but has to race back to defend. You've still got your 2 wide men in the front 3 to offer attacking pace.

Guidolin was starting to get it right against the likes of Liverpool and Manchester City, rushing forward in attack, also high pressing, but getting players back behind the ball when the opposition in our half.

Tactics - Why 433 Is Swansea's Best System on 10:08 - Nov 23 with 973 viewsLegend83

I was just about to say exactly that - Guidolin was trying to do this and getting some success, but sadly not the results.

Is he still around??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024