Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defeatist or realist? 16:34 - Jan 19 with 489 viewspencoedjack

Relegation is a factor in transfers

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38677871
Defeatist or realist? on 16:41 - Jan 19 with 469 viewsAl_Bundy

If I was a player wanting to come to us i'd be thinking..

What could I milk out of them this season..

How much will they over pay me in the Championship

or..

Relegation get out clause.
Defeatist or realist? on 16:42 - Jan 19 with 463 viewsSwan91

It make sense... if we do a newcastle and spend £50 million and then still get relegated then that would be really bad for us. We are signing players who can improve our side and help us stay up, but for some reason if we dont stay up then we still have them to take us back up to the PL next season. I also have faith that Clement will be able to get us to normal "swansea way football" again in the championship and help us rebuild a little.

I'm liking the sound towards the end though... sounds like we have more than 1 target to buy which is good news.
Defeatist or realist? on 16:43 - Jan 19 with 455 viewsAussieSwan

Not defeatist, but I think it would be naive not to at least factor it into our thinking. So far all our signings (and the players we've been linked with, like Ulloa and Kone) are players who would probably be prepared to play Championship football. It doesn't inspire fans with overflowing confidence but it is probably the best we could realistically hope for in this window.

But at the same time they are all players who are upgrades on what we have in our first XI. Says a lot about our shortcomings with player management over the last few years.

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Defeatist or realist? on 16:47 - Jan 19 with 441 viewspencoedjack

Defeatist or realist? on 16:43 - Jan 19 by AussieSwan

Not defeatist, but I think it would be naive not to at least factor it into our thinking. So far all our signings (and the players we've been linked with, like Ulloa and Kone) are players who would probably be prepared to play Championship football. It doesn't inspire fans with overflowing confidence but it is probably the best we could realistically hope for in this window.

But at the same time they are all players who are upgrades on what we have in our first XI. Says a lot about our shortcomings with player management over the last few years.

Its the players I worry about, when the gaffer says things like preparing for relegation I wonder if its in their minds.

Its not a dig at PC in anyway as I believe (as said already) he's the right man to lead us in the championship.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024