Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ton Pentre AFC 12:45 - Apr 29 with 2876 viewsProfessor

Sadly my second team in Wales are close to demise.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-48035137

Although they have a thriving social club it is unrelated to the team. Will be a sad day if the Bulldogs go under. One of the big South Wales non-league teams before the current LoW/WPL structure.
Ton Pentre AFC on 13:15 - Apr 29 with 2831 viewsbuilthjack

Its only over the hill from Hirwaun. How about the 2 guys from there being Chairman and Secretary. Lots of football knowledge.
May as well support 3 clubs rather than 2.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ton Pentre AFC on 13:58 - Apr 29 with 2785 viewsTreorchyjack

sad times
Ton Pentre AFC on 14:05 - Apr 29 with 2775 viewstaffpunk

I've never got why the Social Club isn't connected to the Football side. I was in there on Saturday after watching my son play for Ton And Gelli Amateurs, there were 200 people in a Wedding Do, a couple of Darts teams, and a decent crowd in the Bar, probably near enough to 300 people in the Club. Takings of a minimum of 3 grand, and not one pence of that goes to the Football Side!

However, a lot of it is their own fault, dreadful style of football, the high wages they're paying for players who are mostly not from the area, and are not very good. The disastrous re-appointment Of Kevin Richards as manager was a huge error, resulting in many people stopping going to watch them.

The relative success of CCFC over the last ten years also hasn't helped, with many local football fans deserting The Bulldogs. All very sad, but they're not helping themselves with various comments on social media blaming the local Community!

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Ton Pentre AFC on 14:21 - Apr 29 with 2757 viewssherpajacob

Ton Pentre AFC on 14:05 - Apr 29 by taffpunk

I've never got why the Social Club isn't connected to the Football side. I was in there on Saturday after watching my son play for Ton And Gelli Amateurs, there were 200 people in a Wedding Do, a couple of Darts teams, and a decent crowd in the Bar, probably near enough to 300 people in the Club. Takings of a minimum of 3 grand, and not one pence of that goes to the Football Side!

However, a lot of it is their own fault, dreadful style of football, the high wages they're paying for players who are mostly not from the area, and are not very good. The disastrous re-appointment Of Kevin Richards as manager was a huge error, resulting in many people stopping going to watch them.

The relative success of CCFC over the last ten years also hasn't helped, with many local football fans deserting The Bulldogs. All very sad, but they're not helping themselves with various comments on social media blaming the local Community!

Ton Pentre players get paid?

There's a decent 3G facility up there, my lad has played against the CCFC ton Pentre technical centre a few times there and there always seems a good turnout of local youngsters and parents, despite the weather
Is this connected to Ton pentre AFC in any way?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Ton Pentre AFC on 14:31 - Apr 29 with 2740 viewstaffpunk

Ton Pentre AFC on 14:21 - Apr 29 by sherpajacob

Ton Pentre players get paid?

There's a decent 3G facility up there, my lad has played against the CCFC ton Pentre technical centre a few times there and there always seems a good turnout of local youngsters and parents, despite the weather
Is this connected to Ton pentre AFC in any way?

Yes, they do, I even know their total weekly wage bill, but I'd be letting someone down if I put that out on a Public message board. Let's just say that their average crowd of 40 at a fiver a head comes nowhere near covering it.
Do you mean the 3G pitch in Pentre, you should have called in for a cuppa, I live right by it. No, it's nothing to do with The Bulldogs.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Ton Pentre AFC on 15:57 - Apr 29 with 2658 viewsProfessor

Ton Pentre AFC on 14:31 - Apr 29 by taffpunk

Yes, they do, I even know their total weekly wage bill, but I'd be letting someone down if I put that out on a Public message board. Let's just say that their average crowd of 40 at a fiver a head comes nowhere near covering it.
Do you mean the 3G pitch in Pentre, you should have called in for a cuppa, I live right by it. No, it's nothing to do with The Bulldogs.

Is there still one over Ferndale too? Years since I have been over there.

Used to hire out the original Pentre artificial surface back in the 80s for ad hoc kickabouts-some photos of us playing on there were fished out recently when one of my mate's dad passed away. There was a good view from the back of my late stepdad's pharmacy over the pitch and the park, though never felt the same after one of the younger lads took his own life there in 1990.

As you say its a great shame that none of that social club money goes into the team. I saw the posting on Facebook last week. Financially there are a few people who could help, but needs a long-term plan.
Ton Pentre AFC on 16:03 - Apr 29 with 2651 viewssherpajacob

Ton Pentre AFC on 14:31 - Apr 29 by taffpunk

You can answer a,question for us.

Whilst watching our lads put the Ton Pentre youngsters to the sword, we've wondered how much the penthouse flats overlooking the pitch go for?

Ton Pentre AFC on 17:50 - Apr 29 with 2550 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Sad day for any football club going under .

Played up there back in the day , was a tough place to go on a wet & windy winters nights .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Ton Pentre AFC on 18:14 - Apr 29 with 2529 viewstaffpunk

Ton Pentre AFC on 16:03 - Apr 29 by sherpajacob

You can answer a,question for us.

Whilst watching our lads put the Ton Pentre youngsters to the sword, we've wondered how much the penthouse flats overlooking the pitch go for?

'Penthouse Flats'-love it, thinking of having one for your Holiday breaks? I'm pretty sure they're Social Housing ones, but not sure. The flats opposite them, and the ones down the bottom of the hill by the Nisa shop are the real nightmare ones, might as well just park a Police Car outside those permanently.

Ton Pentre AFC on 18:20 - Apr 29 with 2516 viewstaffpunk

Ton Pentre AFC on 15:57 - Apr 29 by Professor

Used to hire out the original Pentre artificial surface back in the 80s for ad hoc kickabouts-some photos of us playing on there were fished out recently when one of my mate's dad passed away. There was a good view from the back of my late stepdad's pharmacy over the pitch and the park, though never felt the same after one of the younger lads took his own life there in 1990.

As you say its a great shame that none of that social club money goes into the team. I saw the posting on Facebook last week. Financially there are a few people who could help, but needs a long-term plan.

Yes, still one over Ferndale plus one in Clydach/Cambrian. Amazing to think that Ton Pentre and Blaenrhondda were the kiddies back in the day, and now Cambrian rule the roost.

When you were watching Ton regularly in the 80's, I'd imagine that my good friend Keri Bassett-The Judge-was their spongeman. He told me that they were spoiled by the Social side then, the football team were given the profits from 1 of the Fruit Machines every month!

Ton Pentre AFC on 20:49 - Apr 29 with 2398 viewsTreorchyjack

Ton Pentre AFC on 14:05 - Apr 29 by taffpunk

I believe there's been underlying issues for years - Am I right that Ton and Gelli own the ground, and historically don't get on with Ton Pentre? I've heard both sides of the story but it's sad there's never been a real partnership in place... feeding from boys club level up to Ton Pentre. And it's not fair to have a go at the community. Perhaps pointing fingers at past committee members over the years might be a start. But sadly not going to help now.
Ton Pentre AFC on 12:35 - Apr 30 with 2275 viewsSgorioFruit

it's heart breaking when I read stories like this on the news, about local clubs folding. Its the worst thing ever for the fans.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Ton Pentre AFC on 12:54 - Apr 30 with 2253 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Ton Pentre AFC on 15:57 - Apr 29 by Professor

Don't think it was a 3G pitch in Ferndale was laid in early 80s so it is 1G at best. Dreadful surface to play on as bad as the old artificial pitch at the Morfa.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Ton Pentre AFC on 13:41 - Apr 30 with 2226 viewsProfessor

Ton Pentre AFC on 12:54 - Apr 30 by felixstowe_jack

Don't think it was a 3G pitch in Ferndale was laid in early 80s so it is 1G at best. Dreadful surface to play on as bad as the old artificial pitch at the Morfa.

Certainly not 3G! Not back in '84
Ton Pentre AFC on 14:09 - Apr 30 with 2210 viewssherpajacob

Ton Pentre AFC on 18:14 - Apr 29 by taffpunk

'Penthouse Flats'-love it, thinking of having one for your Holiday breaks? I'm pretty sure they're Social Housing ones, but not sure. The flats opposite them, and the ones down the bottom of the hill by the Nisa shop are the real nightmare ones, might as well just park a Police Car outside those permanently.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.6514969,-3.4893099,3a,51.3y,17.61h,96.96t/data

Balcony views of the football and surrounding countryside.

prime real estate.

Ton Pentre AFC on 16:02 - Apr 30 with 2172 viewsProfessor

Ton Pentre AFC on 18:14 - Apr 29 by taffpunk

Have been for years. Scrotes used to break into the pharmacy regularly. Its now owned by Elis Jenkins' (Cardiff Blues and Wales flanker) parents
Ton Pentre AFC on 17:26 - Apr 30 with 2144 viewstaffpunk

Ton Pentre AFC on 14:09 - Apr 30 by sherpajacob

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.6514969,-3.4893099,3a,51.3y,17.61h,96.96t/data

Balcony views of the football and surrounding countryside.

prime real estate.

Bizarrely when they were first built, they looked very nice!

Ton Pentre AFC on 17:31 - Apr 30 with 2130 viewstaffpunk

Ton Pentre AFC on 12:54 - Apr 30 by felixstowe_jack

No, just a normal Astro Turf one, very bare these days!

Ton Pentre AFC on 17:41 - Apr 30 with 2110 viewstaffpunk

Ton Pentre AFC on 20:49 - Apr 29 by Treorchyjack

I believe there's been underlying issues for years - Am I right that Ton and Gelli own the ground, and historically don't get on with Ton Pentre? I've heard both sides of the story but it's sad there's never been a real partnership in place... feeding from boys club level up to Ton Pentre. And it's not fair to have a go at the community. Perhaps pointing fingers at past committee members over the years might be a start. But sadly not going to help now.

It's all very confusing. As far as I know Ton And Gelli BC own the pitch, but not the stands, Ton Pentre have built and own those. A few years ago it looked like the Ton And Gelli BC Seniors-the one my boys play for- would get into the Welsh League, they narrowly missed out in the end.
Under Welsh League rules only one team is allowed to play on the same pitch. Ton Pentre Bulldogs-established for over 100 years- would have had to find somewhere else to play their home games. My boys team had 60 watching them on Saturday on Ynys Park, free to get in, the players pay 5 pound cons a week, and are all local.
As I said in a previous post, Ton Pentre have brought a lot of this on themselves, still very sad.

Ton Pentre AFC on 19:16 - Apr 30 with 2037 viewssherpajacob

Ton Pentre AFC on 17:41 - Apr 30 by taffpunk

It's all very confusing. As far as I know Ton And Gelli BC own the pitch, but not the stands, Ton Pentre have built and own those. A few years ago it looked like the Ton And Gelli BC Seniors-the one my boys play for- would get into the Welsh League, they narrowly missed out in the end.
Under Welsh League rules only one team is allowed to play on the same pitch. Ton Pentre Bulldogs-established for over 100 years- would have had to find somewhere else to play their home games. My boys team had 60 watching them on Saturday on Ynys Park, free to get in, the players pay 5 pound cons a week, and are all local.
As I said in a previous post, Ton Pentre have brought a lot of this on themselves, still very sad.

Teams not allowed to ground share? Ridiculous stuff.

Has anyone pointed out to the FAW that Inter and AC Milan don't seem to have a, problem with it.

Ton Pentre AFC on 19:18 - Apr 30 with 2035 viewsbuilthjack

Ton Pentre AFC on 19:16 - Apr 30 by sherpajacob

Teams not allowed to ground share? Ridiculous stuff.

Has anyone pointed out to the FAW that Inter and AC Milan don't seem to have a, problem with it.

It must be a Welsh League south thing, as the FAW allow it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ton Pentre AFC on 19:23 - Apr 30 with 2027 viewstaffpunk

Ton Pentre AFC on 19:18 - Apr 30 by builthjack

It must be a Welsh League south thing, as the FAW allow it.

Unless it's been changed in the last few seasons, as they could see the problems it could cause with the Ton situation. As it happens both the Bulldogs and Ton And Gelli Amateurs have been relegated this season, so it's not going to be a problem for a while, if ever if Ton Pentre cease to exist.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024